Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79821 times)

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart REACHED IN RECORD TIME!!!
« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2012, 02:18:16 am »

Some really strange behavior today; there were two large pledges (one for $750 and one for $999). Both were cancelled within the same day they were made. Unfortunately I can only view one of the profiles of the two backers that made the pledges, but the one I can see reveals that the profile was created yesterday, which leads me to believe that both users were the same person/group and it was some kind of a scam or troll attempt. Weird.

Or amazon didn't verify theire credit cards and kickstarter automagicallly removes unfunded pledges...
Set phasers to tsun.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2012, 07:15:15 pm »

SO I revised my donation. Again. Back to 100. Because I cannot resist the siren song of civilization-making.

What I'm curious about is just WHAT I'm getting, in addition to the alpha/beta/full-game and civilization-creation?

Like, will I have to donate an extra 15 dollars to get a poster of Shooks art? Do I get the book? Music? Confusion?

I don't need confusion.

I already have that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »

SO I revised my donation. Again. Back to 100. Because I cannot resist the siren song of civilization-making.

What I'm curious about is just WHAT I'm getting, in addition to the alpha/beta/full-game and civilization-creation?

Like, will I have to donate an extra 15 dollars to get a poster of Shooks art? Do I get the book? Music? Confusion?

I don't need confusion.

I already have that.

Pretty sure the Kickstarter blatantly spells it out in the pledge tier description: 'Everything Above'

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:35 pm »

Okay, yes. But that still doesn't tell me if that "extra 15 dollars" was for if you only donated 70 dollars, or if you want it at all. :>

Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:54 pm »

Yes, you get everything. The extra $15 is only if you need international shipping, since shipping outside of the continental U.S. costs lots of monies.

As for the civ-creation (sorry I didn't answer you immediately, I'm having to put most communications on hold ATM, and I'll probably be pulling an all-nighter tonight to attempt to finish off this tech demo - I've prepared by buying enough energy drinks to keep me in frothing-gerbil mode for the duration), as I've said to other backers, you won't be restricted to merely 'leader name/aggression level/government type' - although naturally those WILL be the first things that are defined about your civ, since fleshing civ code out will take a good deal of time on my end. I'm erring on the side of 'put in as much detail as you want, and I will try and gradually make the civ generation systems robust enough to include most of what everybody wants in their civs'. Depending on how complex you make your civs, some really crazy stuff might be undoable, but I actually encourage you to put crazy stuff in. There's a reasonable chance I might go 'holy crap that would be awesome' and actually create crazy code for it.

So, yeah. You WILL get a survey asking you for the mandatory stuff that I'll need to initially put your civ on the map at all (rulers, important figures, religion, cultural traits, yadda yadda). You'll also get the chance to write up a big, huge description with tons of caveats, and I will slowly try to address as many as possible over time.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »

Ah, good.

I'm in Canada, so if I wanted the poster, I'd have to put in 115?

... Proooobably not gonna do that. Maybe. I mean I'd love a 8-bit Golem with flaming eyes, but. :?

Maybe in the future.

I'll try and make my civilization suitably awesome for you, then, Dullard. :3 Or would you rather Lord?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:34:15 pm by Descan »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2012, 09:14:52 pm »

I'll try and make my civilization suitably awesome for you, then, Dullard. :3 Or would you rather Lord?

I just call him LD, or The Awesome One.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #322 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:15 pm »

Out of technical curiosity, have you mentioned how you plan to (if $25000 is reached) expose those portions of code? I mean, are you going to delegate it to a shared library, or is it going to be a scripting language or...what? If it's already been mentioned, I apologise for my laziness and stupidity in missing/not finding it. ^^

Also yes, yes you may take my monies :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:41:50 pm by MorleyDev »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2012, 03:19:58 am »

Yep... I certainly am not going to reach the deadline...

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2012, 08:08:27 am »

New tech demo is out. Another one will be up in a couple of days with more functionality, but for now I really... need... sleep.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dhagar/cult-awakening-of-the-old-ones/posts/254631

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2012, 08:15:02 am »

New tech demo is out. Another one will be up in a couple of days with more functionality, but for now I really... need... sleep.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dhagar/cult-awakening-of-the-old-ones/posts/254631

Coolio, gonna have a little play around when I get home :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2012, 08:17:48 am »

Congrats! Get some sleep man.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2012, 08:35:35 am »

...Is there any way to turn down the resolution yet? At 1333x768 (768 is a highly standard height for monitors) the window is way too big and can't be maximized or resized anything.

Maybe there's an init file I'm missing somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:38:43 am by freeformschooler »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:23 am »

Yeah I'm running into the same issue
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2012, 12:05:48 pm »

The game runs at a resolution awkward for my 1600*900 monitor. May I suggest detecting the resolution of the monitor when running in windowed mode and adjusting to compensate?

Also when I clicked "Settings", to try and change resolution, it closed down with the following log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cult.py", line 14026, in <module>
  File "cult.py", line 13777, in doWorldAtlas
NameError: global name 'wawindow' is not defined
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44