Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79686 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart Ready! Link inside!
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2012, 05:18:43 pm »

Considering they have only 930 bucks to go and 27 days to do it, I think they will make it!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2012, 05:35:57 pm »

Considering they have only 930 bucks to go and 27 days to do it, I think they will make it!

Ohh by over funding I mean over 10k

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2012, 05:56:21 pm »

I'm pretty floored with how this has gone so far. I was expecting a struggle.

At the moment, I'm extremely tempted to share the building system as-is, but I don't think my OCD will let me. I want it to be perfect before I put a video up.

Thanks to everyone who's been so generous.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2012, 06:19:19 pm »

Its probably better for you to complete it as you planned.  Making a good first impression can go a heck of a long way.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2012, 06:21:18 pm »

At the moment, I'm extremely tempted to share the building system as-is, but I don't think my OCD will let me. I want it to be perfect before I put a video up.

Well just remember that you don't do anyone a favor by releasing incomplete features. So just keep working on it and release it when it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:06 pm »

For some inexplicable reason, i am positively thrilled to see how quickly the funding is progressing! Whether my scribbles have any part in it is highly debatable, but what it does mean, however, is that you have a really awesome project going. In just 3 days, the backing has exceeded 80% of the required amount. I think a proverbial pat on the back is in order. c:

I kind of wish i could say something useful rather than just spewing honey all over the place, but... Well, i can't. Call me daft if you will, but i'm optimistic about this. I'll see if i can't do some more relevant arting before the kickstarter is over. ;)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »

I'll be donating ten dollars to Cult! This'll be great, and I cannot wait to take part.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »

Wow the money bar is stuck at 4100

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »

For some inexplicable reason, i am positively thrilled to see how quickly the funding is progressing! Whether my scribbles have any part in it is highly debatable

I think your art effectively elevated the Kickstarter from looking completely blah to retro goodness.

Also, needless to say, more of it would be awesome.  :D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »

I think I'll call it. We hit the point where donations are only going to trickle in.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:28 pm »

I think I'll call it. We hit the point where donations are only going to trickle in.

I beg to differ.  48 hours max, with 24 hours a distinct possibility IMO.

Loser donates an extra tenner?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2012, 10:38:57 pm »

I beg to differ.  48 hours max, with 24 hours a distinct possibility IMO.

Loser donates an extra tenner?

I'd take you up on that but I cannot actually follow through if I lost (a bet isn't in good faith unless both sides can pay).

Well ok... I'd end up donating either 110 dollars or 80 dollars depending on what I was trying to do (honestly I cannot come up with what I'd want in a civilisation... but I'd DIE if I had to chose between all the kinds of gods, kings, spirits, and monsters I'd want to create).. but there would be no guarentee.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:46:21 pm by Neonivek »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2012, 11:29:29 pm »

Its been four days? With 4,200 currently, thats 1000 a day. This being funded is guaranteed, I'm excited to see how much over it will go, however. I'm sure it will slow down, but even a few thousand over the asking price would be nice. I'd really like to see some more information though, might get me to cough out a few more dollars.  ;D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2012, 11:37:49 pm »

Its been four days? With 4,200 currently, thats 1000 a day. This being funded is guaranteed, I'm excited to see how much over it will go, however. I'm sure it will slow down, but even a few thousand over the asking price would be nice. I'd really like to see some more information though, might get me to cough out a few more dollars.  ;D

You could ask some questions. Dullard would answer.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2012, 01:34:46 am »

The footage shown and talked about in the latest dev video talks about building, we see a little of that in the kickstarter, but I'm curious as to how it works currently, or other gameplay systems that might not have been covered. I'm aware I can watch the older dev videos, but I don't know whats outdated or changed.

EDIT- Hmm, I seem to have missed half the discussion on this page, somehow!

I think you should really talk about as much as you can, as soon as you can! If anyone is going to talk to others about this project, they need something to talk about! The communities backing you aren't expecting daily miracles, they know what to expect from roguelikes. Plus, you can talk about how you plan to improve it, and then do that, which always looks good.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:41:16 am by Dr. Johbson »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44