Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79614 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart
« Reply #600 on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:42 am »

I'm very happy that things seem to be getting back on track :)

goodluck and keep going!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #601 on: March 07, 2013, 10:32:24 am »

Thank you very much!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #602 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:42 am »

The Dev-Map is up!
Looks awesome! It's always nice to have a plan and this one looks nicely laid out. You may want to see if you can tweak the colors a bit though. The orange on hot pink is nearly impossible to read and the orange on coral (or whatever the rightmost is) is completely impossible. At least for me.

Also, what do the numbers mean? Is that how many you have done or how many you have left? (I'm guessing the latter, but there's no cases where they aren't the same. All the done ones are 0/0.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:02 am »

That actually means the amount of weeks estimated until completion. :) So '4/4' means 'I estimated four weeks, and I've got four left', or '2/4' means 'I estimated four and I've got two left'... etc.

As for the colors, I'll try and tweak them to be a bit less of an eyesore, hehe. Thank you for the feedback. :)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #604 on: March 07, 2013, 11:06:46 am »

Oh interesting. If that note was already there (and now that I think about it, it probably was) I totally missed it the first time around. :)

I'm curious how many of 'deadlines' you'll make. Estimating time is hard for any project and coding projects seem to be far worse (games worse still). Best of luck either way. Even if you go over every single one of them, the best part is being able to visually see the progress. It's one of the reasons I pay so much attention to DF even though I haven't actually played the game in about 2 years now. Watching the development progress is fascinating to me.

One more comment / suggestion: Would it be somehow possible to generate a page to show all of the 'Read More' links' content at the same time? It's not a big deal if it can't be done automatically; I can imagine keeping that up to date would be a pain. But it would be cool to read them without opening ~20 new tabs (not that I just did that or anything).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2013, 11:47:53 am »

Janus, I don't think that would be too much trouble, I'll see about tossing something up when I get home later. :) I have some errands to run and stuff this afternoon, but I'll be back around working later. Everyone have a good day!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2013, 12:10:01 pm »

What is this? It is Lord Dullards shopping list

Milk
Eggs
and 10ccs of programming

Very interesting.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:57 pm »

I'm kind of glad you've taken a while. The civilization I want to add in changed drastically, and if you were right on track, I'd have annoyed you with tonnes of little changes and finally a "You know what? Scrap that whole thing, I'm re-doing it." x3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 08, 2013, 11:18:28 am »

Hehe, that's good. :) Yeah, another thing I need to get done soon is to send out all of these KS surveys for the civs, characters, etc. I'm a little leery about it at the moment because I feel like if I rush it, I'll end up having to do it all over again once the development is further because I'll have added many other things to civ/character-generation that needs to be accounted for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 08, 2013, 11:54:04 am »

Send out a survey that asks "What is your basic character outline?"

Based off that, mark out goals for things to add to let you do those characters/civilizations.

Then send out a full survey.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 08, 2013, 01:48:26 pm »

Hm... thank you, Descan. That's an excellent idea, I think I'll do exactly as you've said. :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 08, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »

So each spell is three runes

Does each slot the rune takes up mean something significant? Do you need all three slots filled to cast spells? Are all runes set or can some change in each game?

I should ask that on the official forum I thinks >_<

Id come up with additional ideas but I am thinking now isn't the time... but here are the two ideas I have
-Prime Runes: Runes that can only fill the first slot of a spell
-Diety runes: Runes that carry the symbol of a diety and flavors spells according to them.

Hmm something tells me these arn't well thought out, I should think harder.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:54:22 pm by Neonivek »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 08, 2013, 01:57:08 pm »

Well, there's still a little room for me to play around for this, so keep in mind that my answers might not be concrete. But I'll elaborate on what I'm thinking for now.

Does each slot the rune takes up mean something significant?

Probably not. I think a slot is just going to be a slot. But, runes may have to be set in certain orders to produce the correct results.

Do you need all three slots filled to cast spells?

No, I think probably a minimum of two, with the third being an 'amplifier' of some type.

Are all runes set or can some change in each game?

I'm not sure yet, but I'd lean towards all being set in the vanilla version, possibly with room for addition/modification by players in their own works. The names may not be set in stone (hehe), though, since it's easy enough for those to be randomized.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 08, 2013, 02:03:38 pm »

Let me see, if I was thinking of a three rune set it would be to me that the three slots would be sort of: Form, Shape, and Color so to speak.

Or rather the first rune states its general idea, the second its its intent, and the third is flavor. (Form, Definition, and Flavor system)

Possibly with each rune having multiple intents and flavors for mixing.

So the Water rune has the general idea of water, it has the intent of flowing and washing, and its flavor is soaking and dripping (Effects that are hard to remove but go away on their own).

That is an idea.

Death would have the idea of death, it has the intent of reversal, and flavor is a slip switch.

Anything with the Death Intent reverses it. Death/Death will either prevent someone from dying or raise them from the death (undeath).

Hmm I may need to work on this idea and come up with more runes if you think this is a good avenue of brainstorming.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:07:26 pm by Neonivek »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 08, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »

Neonivek I'm not going to lie that is a pretty sweet idea and quite a bit different from the norm, which is exactly what I want LD to do in Cult.  You should put this up on the Cult Suggestions board as well!  By the way LD, are you ever going to use the announcement board and will people be able to post on new threads in it?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44