Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79629 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart
« Reply #570 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39:33 am »

Looking good! Though I'm still wondering what exactly the game is, beyond what the title tells me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42:44 am »

Aaaah.  A good answer, Lord Dullard.  Hopefully after this, your knowledge of similiar subjects will be on par with his own, if not more so, given the advanced strategic elements being written into Cult.

@Xantalos: I'd suggest looking up Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstarter in google for a comprehensive idea of what the game is.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 27, 2013, 01:46:36 am »

Yadadadedeee...what's this? Hmm...'about Cult'.
Hmm.
HMM!
If I could donate money, I would. As it stands, I like the concept and it looks like the process is going along fine - in essence, awesome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2013, 02:23:23 am »

No real updates in the month+ since he promised to be better about updates

Any word on whether he at least kept his promise to fulfill the kickstarter rewards?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 21, 2013, 02:33:53 am »

No real updates in the month+ since he promised to be better about updates

Any word on whether he at least kept his promise to fulfill the kickstarter rewards?

There were some issues.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2013, 06:46:13 am »

Starting to get the distinct feeling that Lord Dullard is not the best communicator. Also, I can't quite recall; what will we and won't we be seeing as backer rewards. I put my money in this to see it done, but I would like to know if there's been a change regardless.

Or were the backer rewards not affected, just the stretch goals?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2013, 07:42:10 am »

He's still working guys, I spoke to him today. He's working through and getting the game visually converted from the old ASCII looks to the new system, tweaking the GUI for combat, etc. I'll throw up a few screenshots he shared with me later today.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2013, 08:43:51 am »

He's still working guys, I spoke to him today. He's working through and getting the game visually converted from the old ASCII looks to the new system, tweaking the GUI for combat, etc. I'll throw up a few screenshots he shared with me later today.

New screenshots?! I've gotta see them.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09:04 am »

Considering how the bloodhounds are... maybe he could just find 1 or 2 people to talk to and give random strings of 'updates' and 'comments' to.  They could do the write up in his place so he wouldn't have to.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2013, 01:00:07 pm »

I don't doubt he's working, I've been following the project since it was a creative projects thread, and he's taken time, but come out with amazing stuff. I'm mostly wondering if I should tone down my expectations given the technical difficulties encountered.

Considering how the bloodhounds are... maybe he could just find 1 or 2 people to talk to and give random strings of 'updates' and 'comments' to.  They could do the write up in his place so he wouldn't have to.

I'm not actually sure if this is a good idea. On one hand, we'll get updates, on the other, it'd be a hotbed for mis-communication, and would cause Dullard to lose some control on what he wants to share, and what he doesn't.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

He's already made it clear a couple times he wants to retain control of the release of information. I think at least one person offered to play community manager for him, but he wanted to keep a handle on it himself.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »

Though he might have changed his mind, considering the result of that decision so far.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2013, 02:32:46 pm »

Though he might have changed his mind, considering the result of that decision so far.
You mean him having all the moolah from a succesful kickstarter campaign :P?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #583 on: February 21, 2013, 05:45:24 pm »

Here's the update/pictures I promised.

From LD:

Most of the progress after my last update has been graphical. This is mostly just because I spent so much time prior to that update overhauling the way that I'm using the libtcod library to visually display the game, and it was necessary to start over from scratch in terms of the look and feel of things (also, to teach myself a good deal about the more artsy side of game-making, which has been a process in and of itself). Since Cult is pretty much the only game (as far as I know, anyhow) that's really attempted to use this sort of 'true vertical' top-down perspective, it's been necessary for the most part to create all of the graphics from scratch. Luckily, at this point, now that I'm a bit more proficient with the whole ordeal, every day progress seems to be made at a quicker pace.

Currently there are somewhere around 12,000 color characters being loaded into libtcod upon instantiation of the console. It's very likely that I'll eventually end up with ten times that total (or more).

Today I set up an algorithm that 'fuses' together different biomes when multiple main and sub-biomes are detected in the same area by the region generator. For the sake of organization biomes are separated into 'main' and 'sub' biomes (where sub-biomes can appear in many main biomes, but not vice versa). In areas where biomes border each other or where multiple main biomes could or should be found, the region generator now combines them into a conglomerate biome that contains some elements of all applicable areas. This also applies to creatures, so that they'll spawn in 'mixed' biomes, and they can now spawn in biomes that border their own rather than being stuck in (in some cases) very small areas.

http://imgur.com/a/UVIC3#0

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 21, 2013, 05:54:22 pm »

Wow. Looking beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44