Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79721 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart
« Reply #435 on: January 12, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »

That is great news! When did you last talk to him?

I've not recently. He's just been working on this for years in a similar manner. He has more reason to not worry about any of the dramatics though, especially now since it's so personal. What's he to do? Come out and say he's still working hard? Then you'll still have people whining about no release accompanying the announcement. I may eat my words, but next time we hear from Dullard it won't be peanuts.

I'm giving him a large benefit of the doubt since he's been around a long, long time.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #436 on: January 12, 2013, 02:03:10 pm »

Dullard is likely hard at work and I find it ironic that we can't let a developer work on something he is passionate for without bitching about the speed. This is Dwarf Fortress's forum, for fuck sake. Need I remind anyone I've followed DF for nearing 7 years and have no qualms [yes, even the dark days where Toady was sporadic in logs!]? Seriously. Chill out, let the man work.
We aren't bitching about the speed. We are CONCERNED about the lack of communication. There is no reason he can't take 20 seconds every few days and let us know what is happening, especially with the growing angry sentiment in the KS community.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »

You may be surprised to find that programmers, much like humans, have different methods of project management and communication. Let him work. Like I said, I may eat my words but when we do hear from LD it won't be some pithy little "I'm still working!" update.

"Growing angry sentiment in the KS community" could literally pertain to any project on KS. People get entitled to other people's plans when they throw money at it.

Note: I did donate to the KS. I hope I get a Cult leader.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:09:25 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2013, 02:40:15 pm »

I've not recently. He's just been working on this for years in a similar manner.

Similar? A quick jaunt to the posting history shows that he made 1336 posts after the date of 26 December 2009 when he posted his original Cult development post in Creative Projects. The long pattern of regular daily activity during this development period ends abruptly in late August of 2012 a month after the end of the Kickstarter. But he continued to visit. The last visit is in November 2012, which coincides with the last activity on his own blogs.

This is not indicative of a long-term pattern. Something changed, actually changed in two stages months apart, shedding doubt on a sudden tragedy, and without any mob forming to seemingly drive him away. The persecution story just doesn't hold up. The sudden tragedy theory, while possible and worrisome, seems to be opposed by a gradual withdrawal from the internet.

I'm giving him a large benefit of the doubt since he's been around a long, long time.

And now he's been gone a long time. The dude lived on the forums during most of the development. You're actually claiming this was his usual modus operandi?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:02:47 pm by Trollheiming »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »

You were looking for www.drudgereport.com for your conspiracy theories, friend.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2013, 02:55:04 pm »

You were looking for www.drudgereport.com for your conspiracy theories, friend.

Cute. Now, getting back to the assumption that you actually know what you're talking about, when you defend the development silence... You said it has always been this way. Care to cut the meaningless snark and explain how the silence now compares to his verbosity for years? 

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2013, 03:03:59 pm »

I don't man, WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW. He could be dealing alot of shit and still working on this. I wouldn't have the time to chat up about development if i was working for long ass hours, dealing with family stuff and dev work for this. Look he is a long time user and a dedicated member to Bay12, no one goes silent around here without announcing it or they are dealing with tons of shit. Give him at MOST 3 MONTHES, he still doesn't reply back any messages then its safe to say hes either a: dead or b: bailed out.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2013, 03:18:32 pm »

I don't man, WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW. He could be dealing alot of shit and still working on this. I wouldn't have the time to chat up about development if i was working for long ass hours, dealing with family stuff and dev work for this. Look he is a long time user and a dedicated member to Bay12, no one goes silent around here without announcing it or they are dealing with tons of shit. Give him at MOST 3 MONTHES, he still doesn't reply back any messages then its safe to say hes either a: dead or b: bailed out.

Cool with me. That just means I get to call it next time, too.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2013, 03:20:25 pm »

It'd be funny if you weren't so habitual in talking about things you don't know jack about.

I honestly think you just have a character trait that makes you need to start shit about things you don't even know about. It's funny to me yet sad.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 12, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »

It'd be funny if you weren't so habitual in talking about things you don't know jack about.

I honestly think you just have a character trait that makes you need to start shit about things you don't even know about. It's funny to me yet sad.

Says the guy who says LD always went silent like this, in the face of obvious truth. Is this how you respond? Making childish insults about someone who hasn't disappeared with $35,000 dollars?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2013, 03:32:26 pm »

Quote from: hemmingway
Legal action is not the way to deal with this.
On the contrary, if he really did abandon the project, then legal action is the proper way to deal with this, because it would deter people from doing this sort of action in the future. If you don't do legal action, then what's to stop some other person from abusing your marketing skills to raise money and then running away with it?

Granted, whether legal action is the right course of action or not is a rather irrelevant question, since legal action may be difficult to pull off, due to the need to hire a lawyer and locate where Lord Dullard is. There's also little guarantee of receiving all your money back.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:34:33 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2013, 03:44:51 pm »

And all of this could have been avoided by a quick pop in to say "Hey guys, still hard at work. Here's a screenshot! Sorry I've been busy lately, some things going on in my life."

That took about 8 seconds.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2013, 03:46:46 pm »

Says the guy who says LD always went silent like this, in the face of obvious truth. Is this how you respond? Making childish insults about someone who hasn't disappeared with $35,000 dollars?

I respond this way to a keyboard warrior who enjoys making unsubstantiated claims about all sorts of things across the forum. You're implying a long standing member of the community is a thief based on your assumption that he must've stolen the money since he hasn't updated for.. 2 months. Sounds alot like projection.

You don't know what the fuck you're claiming and you need to stop. None of us know what the current status is and any other claims otherwise [especially those that he's abandoned his 2+ year project] need to end. When he does come back and you're still here griping like a baby about a project I doubt you even funded, what will you say? "Sorry for the unsubstantiated defamation! I was just thinking you'd steal the money since it's what I'd do!"

If I were him I'd be the one suing you for baseless accusations and slander, but I don't think you can sue twelve year olds.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:49:19 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2013, 03:49:01 pm »

If i were him I'd be the one suing you for baseless accusations and slander, but I don't think you can sue twelve year olds.

Why are you white-knighting a guy that's seemingly disappeared with a very large sum of money? 

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »

Why are you white-knighting a guy that's seemingly disappeared with a very large sum of money?

a) Long-standing member of the community
b) Followed the project from before it was even a damn thing, and had any followers
c) I dislike people slandering a person who does not deserve it. Especially all this bullshit implying that he's a thief because he hasn't updated for two months.
a2) He is not here, and cannot defend himself obviously. It's a bit annoying to find people picking at a person who's not here with unsubstantiated claims for the most part. It's ridiculous.
b2) Funded the project, and have faith in the developer whom I trusted and still do

Until there is any proof he has abandoned the project the claims are out of hand and slanderous.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:54:59 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44