Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart  (Read 79779 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones Kickstart REACHED IN RECORD TIME!!!
« Reply #375 on: July 04, 2012, 04:09:21 pm »

I like how you missed the whole point he made

Did I? Are you sure?

You may want to reread what I said about 10 times.

Make that 30... that will probably be enough to make sure. Afterall it is hard to gain basic understanding on what I was really saying when someone had none.

Edit Addition: Make that 50...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:18:28 pm by Neonivek »

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 04, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »

Sadly, even while the Interwebs and communities like this one make it much easier for gamers of all stripes to come into a community and give or offer support for Indie games, many of which have awesome gameplay mechanics while missing the multi-mil(bil)lion dollar investments in having state-of-the-arts graphics, there just aren't enough people to make it economically viable for AAA studios. 

Think of it like this, would 2 billion copies of Call Of Duty (or the other one) been sold if the gameplay was much more realistic and awesome, except it kept the same graphics as the previous one in the series? I doubt it.  Its all about mass appeal.  Its alot easier for peple to overlook faults in programming and gameplay when they have something shiny to look at.

Sad, but true.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2012, 06:21:18 pm »

About 13 minutes ago, Cult's Kickstarter hit the time limit and closed. $34,026, 1,267 backers. Oorah.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 05, 2012, 06:35:51 pm »

And no one bought the top two!

Ah well! No cruise, then. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

Dullard is going to be very lonely on that cruise, if it does happen no matter what...

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 05, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »

All the more room for nubile young women (I am assuming Lovecraftian indie games devs get groupies).

How many people here have played the game so far? How far is it from fulfilling the feature list?
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 05, 2012, 09:24:12 pm »

Its only a tech demo so we didn't get much to talk about, pretty glitchy (since its not even an alpha yet) but it seems pretty legit so far. Check the devblog and download the tech demo and see for yourself.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 05, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »

Man, are people arguing over graphics again? This is like the quintessential DF forum argument.

One of the reasons I was excited for this kickstarter was that LD would get to improve his game's graphics. I really like good graphics. I'd rather have ASCII than bad graphics, though. I like that kickstarter is letting indie devs get more professionally done stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2012, 12:08:12 am »

Man, are people arguing over graphics again?

Actually no one is.

The arguement was that someone mentioned how they prefer games with more to offer then games with lots of graphics. Then I chimed in with "The market unfortunately doesn't support that viewpoint" then another person chimed in with "You missed the entire point" because I don't know why and then I got mad and chimed in with "I think you completely misunderstood me" and then someone chimed in with "Yeah I like GOOD games better then pretty games".

So there really wasn't a arguement.

Though yes I do also like graphics and unlike you though I do prefer even bad graphics over ASCII... Mostly because I like the ability to tell what I am looking at just by looking at it. When D stands for Dogs, Dingos, Dinosaurs, Donkeys, and Dragons... there is a slight problem. Though that is mostly not a problem, since creatures are organised by size I could even possibly see the size (where tiny creatures show up tiny)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2012, 04:25:21 am »

I gotta say congratulations, this project was an epic success. Can't wait to see what we can make!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 06, 2012, 06:46:49 am »

Yeah congratulations LD, I'm really looking forward to this.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 06, 2012, 10:36:36 am »

Its only a tech demo so we didn't get much to talk about, pretty glitchy (since its not even an alpha yet) but it seems pretty legit so far. Check the devblog and download the tech demo and see for yourself.

Saw that, but thought the backers might have access to a more recent build or something.

I didn't back it, because I'm afraid I've been burned far too many times in scenarios like this, where you throw money at a dev with little more than a tech demo, and in the end you don't get the game promised either because the devs get bored or they just can't do it.

Sincerely hope this won't happen here, because it sounds ruddy brilliant.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2012, 11:53:28 am »

in the end you don't get the game promised either because the devs get bored or they just can't do it.

Quite common. The most recent big game that had that happen was Terraria.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #388 on: July 06, 2012, 11:55:13 am »

in the end you don't get the game promised either because the devs get bored or they just can't do it.

Quite common. The most recent big game that had that happen was Terraria.
Don't drag your personal dislike of Terraria into this. I'm sure you got more than adequate entertainment out of the low price you paid for the game. Just because it didn't meet the lofty goals the dev set is no reason to badmouth it at every opportunity. There are hundreds of games that fall into that category.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 06, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »

But he's completely right. It's a relevant example.

Don't drag whatever personal issues there are from the terraria/starbound threads into this one.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44