Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Rollercoaster Tycoon  (Read 15817 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:40 am »

I'm still looking around for a screenshot of a crazy-ass vertical coaster I made ages ago in Emerald Gardens Mel's World after I beat the scenario, and had tons of spare funds. I wish I had the save, but the screenshot would do just as fine I guess. Just wish I found either of them to showcase that monster.

EDIT:
HOLY HELL, YES!!!

I not only found the old screenshots, but I actually found the old saves for it as well. Uploading a screenshot of it right now. Turns out I made this sucker 12 years ago.

Basically, this Vertical Coaster was an experiment I wanted to try out seeing if I can build a vertical coaster that can span from the ceiling of the game to the bottom-most point in a single go straight down (waiting a second before the actual drop to give riders a chance to pray before descent). Unfortunately, I had to put in a breakpoint halfway down, twisting the riders on the way down, and then it transitions into a 90-degree banking back to flatness for a short distance, and then straight up again sharply as well, curling a short distance and then dropping again, repeat again and then going up a helix spiral until it slows to a safe speed, and then a short descent into the station.

According to the game, it goes from height of 61 (absolute highest I can get it) straight to 1 (lowest point in-game).

In short:
Any, and all, attendants acquainted, are all awkwardly assembled afterwards. "AAAAUG---!!!!!" --Anonymous

I'll upload a save later.

EDIT EDIT:
Hah, the riders fall the height of nearly the length of a football field before they transition by 90-degrees.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:13:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2012, 11:20:58 am »

Can you at least describe it?  Bonus points for using alliteration.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2012, 04:51:32 pm »

Can you at least describe it?  Bonus points for using alliteration.
Awesome awesome awesomeness awesome awesome

Bonus points please

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »

Finally got around to uploading the place with the coaster.

Here you go.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]