Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Rollercoaster Tycoon  (Read 15843 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 03:39:37 pm »

Besides it is possible for your park to be too big. You have no idea how many parks I've had where the people only liked the first 25% of the park.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 03:42:56 pm »

Yep there was a bonus scenario when you beat all the others.

But for your request, google. There are tons of scens, but you'll have to choose. Because of the games limitations, you can't have all attractions in one scenario.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 04:27:10 pm »

Actually, in RCT3 you DO have infinite money in sandbox mode. dunno about the space, though, I think you can adjust the size of the play area.

Whoops, I meant in RCT1 and maybe RCT2.
Also often called Boowells.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »

I actually don't want infinite money though.  I just want "Here's a big empty plot and $10,000, I'm going to turn my back now" and let me build.

It also appears that you cannot make solid paths in air.  But you can make single-wide paths.  That is, when you're on the ground you can make a 2x2 square of pathways.  When you get in the air, you'll do it as a 1x2 direct pathway instead.

I'm debating the "Dwarven Gravity Hammer" ride.  It'll be a sheer-faced mountain, with an elevator or two reaching upwards to the peak.  At the peak is a further tower that houses some type of rapid-drop ride that goes all the way to the bottom and probably explodes at the bottom.

Alternatively, the "Mechanical Volcano" might be fun as well.  The ride would consist of a few coasters with the same starting position, which zip the coasters underground and up through the center of a mountain, where they then come back down and follow grooves in the mountain to the bottom.  The cars will be red and white and the track will be red and black.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »

While you can't make "solid" paths, you have to realize that peeps are dumb.
What appears to be a solid x by y path functions the same way as the connected crossings you get in the air.

For the Scenarios, google is your friend as i said... and RCT2 comes with an editor anyway.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:48:54 pm by Lord Snow »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 09:25:04 pm »

There's generally no good reason to build "solid" paths like that anyway, in my experience.

Damnit. This thread is going to make me reinstall RCT3, because I now suddenly have the urge to build.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »

There's generally no good reason to build "solid" paths like that anyway, in my experience.

Damnit. This thread is going to make me reinstall RCT3, because I now suddenly have the urge to build.

I just did that, too.  Now I'm making a river rapids made entirely of whirlpools that goes under my entire park.  Not very far into the park yet, but its up to 25 min runtime right now.  Toxic Waste Dump, the new Mr Bones Wild Ride.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

Too bad you can't change the color of the water...

Does RCT 3 have mods?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2012, 04:49:23 pm »

While browsing around, I discovered that they actually released a trailer for an RCT 3DS version a while back planned for a 2012 release. I'm not sure if it was RCT1, 2, or 3, but it sounds neat, so long as they don't try to mess with the actual 3D function.
Also often called Boowells.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2012, 05:45:03 pm »

Too bad you can't change the color of the water...
Actually... One of the color schemes in RCT3 on that ride changes the floor/supports, so the water does look green except what's coming from the waterfalls.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2012, 06:14:07 pm »

When I was making a custom sandbox scene, I had the water options.  Regular, green, orange, and acid green.  RC2, that is.  Orange looked martian, acid green looked dwarven industrial.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2012, 07:19:03 pm »

How about a Dwarven Atomsmasher, where you cheat to get insane coaster height, then have it explode on the bottom of the park?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »

I actually question how much cheating would be needed, though.  Surely with a long enough hill and a "gigacoaster" you could get terrain + 300 height, and then have it go directly down the mountain at breakneck speed.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »

Vertical coaster

EDIT: Also most steel type coasters can turn in a steep drop so you can just have it spiral down.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2012, 09:27:24 pm »

Yeah, I had a small-scale gigacoaster do an almost sheer drop spiral.  Unfortunately it wasn't enough - I still had customers who enjoyed the ride.

I wonder what's the idea method to make customers sick and/or die on a coaster, and yet still attract new ones?  How do you incur nausea?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9