Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Rollercoaster Tycoon  (Read 15813 times)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2012, 02:40:16 am »

I'm seriously considering picking up 2 from GoG, I've played 1 to death. More rides and parks would be welcome
Magma is overrated.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2012, 02:41:51 am »

I played the original so much. Of course then I found out that you could put guests into limbo by picking them up then I think closing their window.They slowly go meh mood wise but if you don't mind a little micro you can easily just watch guests as the try to enter and raise the price to exactly what they had then trap them forever and ever with no chance of dieing.

Honestly... I know I am ENTIRELY biased when I say this

But I do indeed love the original best. Just something about the charm that none of the other games could replicate in my eyes.

Something about those first few scenarios just brings a tear of joy to my eyes.

Bumbly beach, diamond heights... :p

Diamond Heights was evil. Damn thing had that one roller coaster that always wrecked.
Nothing important here, move along.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2012, 01:48:32 pm »

Bumbly beach, diamond heights... :p

Diamond Heights was evil. Damn thing had that one roller coaster that always wrecked.

Really? I've been replaying through RCT1 since the game was really cheap on GoG a week or two ago. I've already completed Diamond Heights like a day or two ago and I never had any coasters crash.
Also often called Boowells.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2012, 06:54:17 pm »

I found Dinky Park actually kinda fun. Really trains you in making an efficient park. Now most of my parks have mini-sections that can be in themes. Also, my space efficiency vastly improved since playing it.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:00 pm »

I found Dinky Park actually kinda fun. Really trains you in making an efficient park. Now most of my parks have mini-sections that can be in themes. Also, my space efficiency vastly improved since playing it.

Abusing powered launch coasters might be efficient, but it's not really fun. :(

My space efficiency is still really bad. It's getting better, though. Maybe. I discovered that an observation tower, when placed on the water, can be surrounded by 4 tiles thick of fountains and it'll get a High excitement rating, I think.
Also often called Boowells.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:54 pm »

I just learned of a 'hack' that allows windowed mode in RCT2, which makes the game a bit more enjoyable for me at least =p (CTRL+z toggles clipping the mouse within the game borders or not)

In may only work for the GoG version of the game from what I've seen, not entirely sure.

EDIT: I also found all of the RCT1 scenarios converted to RCT2 in one file so you don't need to register for a site or download them one by one. Someone also claims these are better than the ones from the other site. (Though it is on Mediafire.. hmm)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:42:38 pm by OzyTheSage »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:52 am »

I just learned of a 'hack' that allows windowed mode in RCT2, which makes the game a bit more enjoyable for me at least =p (CTRL+z toggles clipping the mouse within the game borders or not)

In may only work for the GoG version of the game from what I've seen, not entirely sure.

EDIT: I also found all of the RCT1 scenarios converted to RCT2 in one file so you don't need to register for a site or download them one by one. Someone also claims these are better than the ones from the other site. (Though it is on Mediafire.. hmm)
Thanks for those, they worked great. Shame there was never a widescreen hack.

So, I've been wanting to make this for a very long time:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not that great. Pales to the real deal since the only coaster with real corkscrews doesn't get high enough. It's been ages since I've played RCT2 so chances are that's not the most efficient model, if you can make a better one please do. The G's are still pretty impressive even if they failed to kill the guests I forced to ride it :<

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:02 am »

I forget which coasters have it, but there are coasters with steeper lift hills and 'large' loops. I remember them so much because they were in the first expansion for RCT1, and one was a prominent feature of one of the parks there (one that had two parts, a highway dividing the park in half with build rights over the highway)

It may be easier to do in RCT3.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2012, 12:50:42 am »

I forget which coasters have it, but there are coasters with steeper lift hills and 'large' loops. I remember them so much because they were in the first expansion for RCT1, and one was a prominent feature of one of the parks there (one that had two parts, a highway dividing the park in half with build rights over the highway)

It may be easier to do in RCT3.
Yeah I remember those too and went looking through all the Rollercoasters in two I could find that might have those loops. Couldn't find anything like it although there is a chance I missed it. I doubt there isn't a rollercoaster in the first game that isn't in the second.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2012, 12:55:36 am »

I know there's quite a few that do that in RCT3, if it helps.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2012, 02:07:20 am »

Here's my whack at it.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loops View (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overall View (click to show/hide)

6 to 10 G's for 20 seconds is a lot less than the "real" thing of 10 for 60, but it still might well be fatal. And physics breaking.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2012, 02:30:06 am »

You could get those higher if you abused the terrain. Raise it as high as possible, get the coaster as high as supports allow, boost to max if you can, plunge as steeply as you can until you hit the bottom of the map. Also, I'm fairly sure than an unbanked sharp curve as high speed gives you a higher intensity and nausea than loops (vertical gs do nothing to guests compared to lateral and negative vertical).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2012, 02:32:04 am »

6 to 10 G's for 20 seconds is a lot less than the "real" thing of 10 for 60, but it still might well be fatal

Well in real life it would at LEAST cause injuries

Gamewise your ride is too scary.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:52 am »

Gamewise your ride is too scary.

Aw, cmon. It looks like fun.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2012, 08:24:32 am »

Alright, gonna have to take a crack at this.  BRB.

EDIT: Can't do what I thought I could.  I was gonna set up a "corkscrew" to keep the G-forces up during a long duration, but you can't.  They can only do loops in-line.  Although in the meantime, I love how that screenshot has the Loops of Death, and then immediately has a photography booth.  That's a nice touch there.

Also who remembers watching G-Force as a kid?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:48:10 am by Girlinhat »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9