Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "former holy seal of the leopard-communion of Coasts"  (Read 1191 times)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"former holy seal of the leopard-communion of Coasts"
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Last former membership claim. I have NEVER heard of a "holy seal" before, what's the deal with it? (and yes, I'm aware I have a vampire mayor with a liking for raw adamantine, I'm not entirely sure if I should keep him as life insurance and deal with his demands, or just kill him off).
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "former holy seal of the leopard-communion of Coasts"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:40:09 am »

Holy Seal.
High Whip.
August Mist.
Ardent Hand.
Marked Pain.
etc.
They are randomly generated titles of high priests afaik. Each corresponds to a specific god.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:25 am »

Oh, that's interesting. I've never come across the title before that's all, and the wiki yielded no results.

Edit: Is it possible to get a high priest in a fortress, or is it just a  world gen title?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:55:59 am by Morpha »
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:46:44 am »

Last former membership claim. I have NEVER heard of a "holy seal" before, what's the deal with it? (and yes, I'm aware I have a vampire mayor with a liking for raw adamantine, I'm not entirely sure if I should keep him as life insurance and deal with his demands, or just kill him off).

See if he can balance a ball on his nose before disposing of him?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:57 am »

See if he can balance a ball on his nose before disposing of him?
Or go one up and use him to balance a ceiling tile on his nose. One sneeze and it's over.

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:45:35 am »

Or go one up and use him to balance a ceiling tile on his nose. One sneeze and it's over.

Nah, I am fairly sure noses are like supports in Dwarf Fortress. As long as he doesn't connect it to a lever, deconstruct the nose or a building destroyer finds its way to it, nothing should happen.  :P

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 07:13:30 am »

Oh dear god, this is going to end up with someone modding levers to deconstruct someone's face isn't it.

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 08:04:05 am »

Wait until the mechanic tries to fit the mechanism in your mayor's nose... Now that's what I call a piercing!  :P

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 08:06:45 am »

Mechanic cancels task: Dangerous animal.