Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 313758 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread. -- Bill is watching.
« Reply #2145 on: September 07, 2016, 06:58:03 pm »

I speculated briefly about how if you add impurities to carbon you can get different colored diamonds, pink being an option, but I don't think silicon and oxygen impurities produce pink specifically, though steven does have a good chunk of magnanese, titanium, and iron due rose quartz, with the carbon impurities from greg, adding more carbon from connie made me wonder what it took to make the diamonds, though I hadn't seen Earthlings at that point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: September 07, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »

It is possible the Diamonds were the first created by coincidence

They were created by other Gems

Or... they were created by some other species.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: September 07, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »

The Gems remind me a lot of Von Neumann Probes in principal, or like a slower and more complex Grey Goo scenario based around self-replicating gay rocks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:31 pm »

"Self replicating gay rocks" is the best description of SU I've ever heard, that shouldn't be so funny.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: September 08, 2016, 08:58:30 pm »

I bet there's going to be a number of concerned messages to cartoon network over the latest episode of Steven Universe.
Hehehe

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: September 09, 2016, 03:38:37 am »

Also seriously I just assumed the Gems were American citizens the entire time...

I mean... they are technically natives and have been living in Beach City the entire time.

Ohh wait I forgot... The Gems live in another dimension from Beach City xD

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: September 09, 2016, 03:39:41 am »

They probably never bothered to get the paperwork
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: September 09, 2016, 03:42:01 am »

I get the impression that they mistakenly believe they couldn't get the paperwork.

Though given how public the Crystal Gems are (sort of), you would think it would be unavoidable.

It is one of the reasons why one of my theories is that the Crystal Gems froze themselves until Steven came about :P
-Actually I just assume the Gems often fought for weeks, months, or years on end without a Rose or Steven to break up their fights.

---

My personal theory is that the government is FULLY aware of the crystal gems and their existence.

They just don't act on it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:47:05 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: September 09, 2016, 04:40:54 am »

...they put gems on their money

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: September 09, 2016, 12:15:07 pm »

That was a really fun episode.  The ending bits totally cracked me up.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: September 09, 2016, 01:58:26 pm »

I get the impression that they mistakenly believe they couldn't get the paperwork.

Though given how public the Crystal Gems are (sort of), you would think it would be unavoidable.

It is one of the reasons why one of my theories is that the Crystal Gems froze themselves until Steven came about :P
-Actually I just assume the Gems often fought for weeks, months, or years on end without a Rose or Steven to break up their fights.

---

My personal theory is that the government is FULLY aware of the crystal gems and their existence.

They just don't act on it.

I agree with the government part; it does seem like Mayor Dewey knows and tries to cover up as much of the weird gem stuff as possible judging by the way he got defensive in Ronaldo's interview. And, until the somewhat recent fingering of Beach City, they've never been a threat nor have they been high profile, having at one point fenced themselves off and seemingly not bothered.

I kinda wanna see what the government would do now that all this stuff's going on. Perhaps a men-in-black style situation is going on behind the scenes and the MIB already know about the Kindergarden (codename Site 48 or something) and for all we know they could try actual surveillance on the gems.

Edit* Just caught up on the last episode and...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:34:49 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: September 09, 2016, 06:49:14 pm »

Though, Pearl is the one who had the idolized hero figure who pushed her to become more and then died, leaving her to grow and work to find her own way in the... well... universe.

I typed "Perl" three times, I don't even use the language, what the hell?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: September 09, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »

Though, Pearl is the one who had the idolized hero figure who pushed her to become more and then died, leaving her to grow and work to find her own way in the... well... universe.

I typed "Perl" three times, I don't even use the language, what the hell?

It's fine, it's firday and im a lil tipsy sitting at my corner desk while me and my roommates watch Riki-Oh (with Backstroke of the West next) or however you speel it and I'm typing words wrong every few lines and laughing my ass off, so speeling isn't important.

But you do have a point about the whole hero figure inspiration thing, but Steven keeps drawing natural parallels to me about being the chosen one who can unite the races and free the gems from the oppressive government so he's kinda the focus of my thought. I can see him growing into it, but he's got a rude awakening coming when the Diamonds just don't care or listen to him when we get to that point. I guess I'm hoping for some drama, let us introduce such a paragon of manliness, a man of indomitable spirit who awakens the fighting spirit of the Gems and Steven once more and becomes a beloved side character of the group ......only to die in the first real encounter with the Diamonds, his last moments inspirational to the end. Damn it gurren lagann.

*edit again, also gotta praise the music choice for the last episode, perfect garage band sound for the episode theme, i actually hunted down the music on youtube and have it on repeat.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:19:54 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 09, 2016, 08:10:09 pm »

Eh, I would totally be ok with them doing a super gurren inspired flashback with Rose and Pearl, but as a big brother myself, I think Garnet fills the role too well for it to not feel cheap for someone else to come along and try to Kamina it up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: September 09, 2016, 08:15:39 pm »

Honestly my theory is the new character won't really be seen again.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 200