Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 313134 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread. -- Bill is watching.
« Reply #2070 on: July 27, 2016, 06:41:14 pm »

In Mr. Greg... Pearl actually sings a song that might be the best song in the entire series.

Yes... She might have actually beat "Stronger then You"

The episode might have been a BIT weak overall... But dang that song!

I didn't think "Mr. Greg" stood out as one of the weaker episodes; the simple and jokey background characters helped ease the tension a few times, without taking focus away from the emotional complications between Greg, Pearl, and Rose and/or Steven. Despite what he represents as the physical evidence of Rose and Greg's relationship, Pearl took on the duty of raising Steven out of love for him and his Mother. I bet there's a lot of Step-Parents out there who can relate to Pearl's position, too. Judging by her song, and the way we see her busy doing domestic parenting stuff around the house, she's probably the closest thing to a Mom Steven has in the show; Garnet is more like a cool aunt who gives good advice but is kind of emotionally distant, and Amethyst is very much a Big Sister to Steven. "It's Over, Isn't It?" was probably the highlight of the episode, but the fallout of the trip itself moved the plot between Pearl and Greg forward significantly. Maybe we'll see him and the Gems hanging around more often now?

P.S. I kind of love how sharply Pearl enunciated "Don't Cost Nothin'," like the huge nerd she is.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 27, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »

Also I have to give the game a LOT OF CREDIT!

Greg didn't become poor at the end of Mr. Greg

IT IS A FLIPPIN MIRACLE!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 27, 2016, 07:46:51 pm »

Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service reminded me of Ar Tonelico.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:45 am »

Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service reminded me of Ar Tonelico.

Also is it wrong that I would have actually found the episode cooler if it was just them doing a race to deliver a huge ton of pizzas against the clock?

Then again I never QUITE like dream media that doesn't REALLY take advantage of the fact that it is a dream... Though this is no where NEAR as bad as Inception... AKA: "What if you were inside the dream of the most boring people imaginable"

Then again... Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service... is flat out a idiot plot... like the very definition of it.

It would have ended pretty much immediately if either Steven or Kiki had an intelligent thought, and neither of them are that dumb normally. DOUBLE BONUS that the dream doesn't even reveal the correct issue psychologically (That she is overworked) meaning that the dream itself had to hand hold them through a solution as well.

What is odd is I honestly thought Steven knew what was wrong the entire time and just had the reasonable assumption that Kiki would eventually catch a break... But nope :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:15:10 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 28, 2016, 12:21:05 am »

People in dreams tend to lack critical thought. That's normal. Random shit happens and you just go with it, you rarely question it. Basically every dream would end almost instantly if you were critically aware: you'd realize it's a dream straight away.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:23:53 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 28, 2016, 12:23:26 am »

... but people do do irrational things in their dreams. Nonsensical things happen in dreams and you just go with it. If they were perfectly rational inside a dream, that would be the unrealistic part.

Ok... well let me put together the clues here

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clearly no connection! We would need a detective to solve this mystery!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:27:49 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 28, 2016, 12:25:54 am »

idk, i haven't watched it, i'm just guessing based on what you write. From what you said before it sounded like the whole episode was a dream.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 28, 2016, 12:26:48 am »

idk, i haven't watched it, i'm just guessing based on what you write.

You probably didn't :P

It is flat out an idiot plot.

Kiki has the excuse of being willfully ignorant. Steven on the other hand... is 15...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 28, 2016, 12:27:54 am »

There's no "probably". I haven't seen it since I haven't seen any of that show whatsoever.

IDK how being 15 years is "on the other hand" from being willfully ignorant however.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 28, 2016, 12:29:00 am »

There's no "probably". I haven't seen it since I haven't seen any of that show whatsoever.

You should its a good show.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 29, 2016, 11:31:50 am »

All caught up on SU now, these new ones have been really really great. Also, I think Peridot might be becoming my favorite character.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 29, 2016, 01:51:02 pm »

Peridot is great, but Bob is winning after the baseball episode, though I am totally a Ruby.

'Are you ok, did they hurt you?' "No, did they hurt you?" 'WHO CARES?'

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 01, 2016, 10:41:18 pm »

Ok an odd bit of stupidity in todays episode.

I mean... they go out on their first mission to battle a gem beast with Pearl.

Pearl is there, obviously, to step in if things get out of hand but to otherwise let Steven and Cony deal with things.

Things immediately prove themselves to be much more dangerous then Pearl anticipated forcing her to step in immediately...

Then... They split up. Even though these creatures are too dangerous for Pearl to take alone without backup... and are ESPECIALLY too dangerous for Connie and Steven to take alone without backup.

---

Then Steven uses more intelligence then he uses normally (Seriously show... is Steven a moron or is he intelligent... choose!)... and there is a reason for that but it is a spoiler...

I dunno it is a weird episode. Because it is KIND OF an Idiot plot but it isn't...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:47:51 pm by Neonivek »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »

Then... They split up. Even though these creatures are too dangerous for Pearl to take alone without backup... and are ESPECIALLY too dangerous for Connie and Steven to take alone without backup.

I don't recall it being stated or implied that the corrupted gems were too dangerous for Pearl solo, or for Connie and Steven together. These gems are big and strong, but otherwise lacking any sort of impressive abilities; compared to the corrupted gems the gang is used to fighting, these should be relatively easy to deal with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 02, 2016, 09:50:26 pm »

It isn't that Pearl can't handle them solo. It is that she can't safely handle them solo and there is no reason why she shouldn't just regroup with the other gems. You don't want to take the chance on a lucky hit.

---

Luckily todays episode was amazing!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:53:34 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 200