Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 313121 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread. -- Bill is watching.
« Reply #2055 on: April 15, 2016, 12:32:28 am »

By the way More Steven universe episodes in June

Well at least that "Summer of Steven" sounds promising quantity-wise - I expect there will be much more than just five episodes, like in the last Stevenbomb

And then there is seventh season of Archer that premiered while I wasn't looking - the first two episodes are all right and very... Archer-y.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 15, 2016, 04:45:59 pm »

New Archer? :o
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 15, 2016, 05:21:13 pm »

New Archer? :o

Same ol' Sterling Mallory Archer, in his seventh installation
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 17, 2016, 06:14:15 pm »

Just finished watching Star Wars Rebels. I have to say, the end of season episodes are just fantastic. They also do Darth Vader really well.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: May 12, 2016, 05:15:39 pm »

Now arriving at Super Watermelon Island. Mind the gap.

(new Steven Universe episode in two hours)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:34:16 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: May 28, 2016, 03:46:13 pm »

Ok I was kind of underwhelmed by the whole Super Watermelon Island two part special and here is why

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The other issue that I'll bring up is that the show COMPLETELY dropped the tension with homeworld... and somehow is treating them like they are no longer a big deal (kind of). They could have put it into the background without making it seem gone... Show Pearl making more cannons or something in an episode as a second thing. Done!

Otherwise it is still a good show. Minor gripes in what is otherwise excellent.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 13, 2016, 02:08:22 am »

Well, I dont think that Homewold threat being forgotten is necessarily a misstep. If it wasnt for the thing they stopped, it seems like Earth has entirely forgotten about Earth and has moved on. It would seem that the civil war was far more important to the few rebels then to the Gem Empire as a whole. I think that would be a pretty interesting thing to explore.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 15, 2016, 08:12:30 am »

You people watching that new Voltron series Netflix apparently launched some five days ago? I just stumbled into it and I'm lovin' it!
Sigs

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 15, 2016, 10:08:36 am »

You people watching that new Voltron series Netflix apparently launched some five days ago? I just stumbled into it and I'm lovin' it!

I am trying to watch the second episode.

I wasn't a fan of the first episode (though really good animation) mostly because non-sense, demotions, and hilariously bad hero speeches.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 15, 2016, 10:43:02 am »

I just finished 11th episode.

It's not thoroughly good, but it certainly has its moments, and I love those.
Sigs

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 19, 2016, 07:09:06 pm »

WOW!!!

Steven Nuke...

In Mr. Greg... Pearl actually sings a song that might be the best song in the entire series.

Yes... She might have actually beat "Stronger then You"

The episode might have been a BIT weak overall... But dang that song!

I get the impression the reason the writers give Pearl the most songs is because as a singer she is by FAR the most flexible.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 22, 2016, 01:19:44 pm »

Season 3 of Bojack Horseman just dropped on Netflix!

I just finished the first episode. It was awesome. Going to be a great season.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 24, 2016, 12:13:09 pm »

And Steven Universe just... had an episode of Initial D.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 24, 2016, 01:19:19 pm »

With Voltron going strong with a reboot, that reminds me that there's a Robotech live action movie being made. The similarity is that both series originated as "mash ups" of multiple anime franchises. The big difference is that the company with the rights to Robotech are mega douchebags. They've basically blocked anything related to the original source material being released in USA (which includes 30 years worth of sequels), to protect their precious "brand", while making the most Shit-Tastic "sequels" on their own. But the big joke is that they don't actually have the rights to most of the stuff people liked about Robotech, so their sequels have almost no "Robotechy" stuff going on. thus they fail hard.

For the last 10 years they've been trying to work out how you make a movie of a TV show when you don't actually have the rights to most of anything that was in the show ... Shoji Kawamori (the original mecha designer and director of the franchise) has actually said he wants to help out with the Robotech Movie, but I'm guessing this is contingent on them stopping from fucking him over on Macross distribution rights, so they've basically given him the middle finger by ignoring his overtures. Harmony Gold treat this as a zero-sum game - more macross = less Robotech, whereas Kawamori sees collaboration as an opportunity to grow both brands.

Anyway, the main news is that Warner Bros gave up on making this movie after almost 10 years in development hell, and sold the rights to Sony, who've announced a new director (in a long line of proposed directors). Will Sony still screw over the original content creators, or will they resolve the idiotic dispute and actually make a Robotech movie people want to see - one that contains Robotech Stuff, unlike the previous Robotech: Shadow Chronicles cartoon from 2006?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:39 pm »

WOW!!!

Steven Nuke...

In Mr. Greg... Pearl actually sings a song that might be the best song in the entire series.

Yes... She might have actually beat "Stronger then You"

The episode might have been a BIT weak overall... But dang that song!

I get the impression the reason the writers give Pearl the most songs is because as a singer she is by FAR the most flexible.

Deedee Magno-Hall, Pearl's VA, is a former broadway singer and it shows. Only in 'Mr.Greg' she actually gets to show her A-game specialty and holy shit it was good. Estelle deserves another chance to lay out her singing credentials, her real life songs are pretty good and I'm not sure about Michaela Dietz, Amethyst's VA, being a professional singer but she has potential, so we'll see and it will probably be good.

Edit* About the episode itself, it seems like Pearl's ready to move on and find a new romance. She'll keep Rose in her heart but I definitely see them pushing her character development more in the next Steven Bomb. So, who do we want to ship her with? Not Greg, they're in a friendly relationship and I don't see it moving past that. Same with Garnet. Amethyst's more like a annoying younger sibling to her. Maybe they'll introduce a new human and we'll see how she reacts to being in the same situation as Rose?

And Steven Universe just... had an episode of Initial D.

You don't know the power of the Supremo?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:27:01 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 200