Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: phoenix  (Read 5419 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
phoenix
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:02:03 pm »

I want to mod in a phoenix megabeast. I can do anything else just fine, defining the creature, setting size, adding body parts, make it fly, even give it flame breath. But I want it to sear anything that comes close, even without having to breath fire on it. How might I achieve this effect?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: phoenix
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:12 pm »

make it out of fire-safe materials that have a very high FIXE_TEMP and a high HOMEOTHERM too. that will make it radiate exstream heat, steaming water and probally burning grass too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:30000]

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »

This is gonna be !!FUN!!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:50 pm »

Couldn't you just add [IMMOLATE]?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »

Couldn't you just add [IMMOLATE]?
Doesn't that only affect items?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 04:46:35 pm »

Just copy any small bird, slap on some megabeast related tags, and give it appropriate temperature tags. Then, for added effect, give it the power to revive any fallen allies nearby.

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »

Using [ITEMCORPSE] and interaction tokens I think you can even make it so a Phoenix rises from it's own ashes.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 07:04:58 pm »

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLAME:GAS:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 08:20:02 pm »

Just copy any small bird, slap on some megabeast related tags, and give it appropriate temperature tags. Then, for added effect, give it the power to revive any fallen allies nearby.
You know what would be even cooler? Giving it the power to revive itself. Though I'm not quite sure how you would do that. Some type of modified raise dead interaction, though I don't know if you could get it to cast it on itself after it was dead. Maybe you could have it emit a liquid that makes anyone it comes into contact with have the power to raise phoenixes. Then if you killed it it would stay dead until someone walked up to the corpse, gained the ability to revive the creature, the stupid AI decides to revive it, and then it loses the ability to cast the spell/dies horribly.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:18:31 am »

Well, I am working on that for my (as of now halted) mod, so it would be cool if anyone could find out how to do it.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 12:59:27 am »

Did anyone ever find a way to make the self rez work?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 04:28:27 am »

You know what would be even cooler? Giving it the power to revive itself. Though I'm not quite sure how you would do that. Some type of modified raise dead interaction, though I don't know if you could get it to cast it on itself after it was dead. Maybe you could have it emit a liquid that makes anyone it comes into contact with have the power to raise phoenixes. Then if you killed it it would stay dead until someone walked up to the corpse, gained the ability to revive the creature, the stupid AI decides to revive it, and then it loses the ability to cast the spell/dies horribly.

Even easier, you could give it an interaction that directly grants the power to revive phoenixes to any creature it's currently fighting with (or just every creature in the nearby area), which it should then use right after killing the phoenix because, as you mentioned, the AI is stupid :D.  This is actually easier than giving it the power to revive only its dead allies (as opposed to reviving everyone), I think, unless the GREETING tag works on corpses, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 07:06:13 am »

Can you make a creature spawn from an item? Imagine if we allow each individual phoenix bodypart to respawn on it's own... Thermonuclear phoenixsplosion!

Someone tell me it can be done!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 08:20:55 am »

Can you make a creature spawn from an item? Imagine if we allow each individual phoenix bodypart to respawn on it's own... Thermonuclear phoenixsplosion!

Someone tell me it can be done!

Not most items, but it can be done - just reanimate the severed parts and transform the walking zombie hands into new instances of the creature.  I think that only [GRASP] type bodyparts can be animated, but you can do that with its talons I guess.  Now whether or not it's a good idea is another story...
Pages: [1] 2 3