Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wtf, Maptool?  (Read 2834 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wtf, Maptool?
« on: June 03, 2012, 02:05:35 am »

I try to connect to a friends server, and I just get a message saying "cannot load campaign"
My friend tried to join mine and got the same message?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Wtf, Maptool?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 02:18:15 am »

-Nevermind, sorry for harshness-

Look two posts below this for my opinion.

I try to connect to a friends server, and I just get a message saying "cannot load campaign"

Dude, your response to maptools having issues is to not, say, go to the maptool forum and ask. But is instead to go to a completely unrelated forum, give absolutely no proper description of your problem, and then expect strangers who may or may not have any idea what you are talking about, to solve your problems.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:47:25 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 02:19:37 am »

But its derpy...

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:20:39 am »

POST IN THE THREAD ON THESE FORUMS.

Stop making a goddamn new thread everytime something happens to you.

ohhh maaaan nooo ouch my feelings

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:00 am »

Dude, your response to maptools having issues is to not, say, go to the maptool forum and ask. But is instead to go to a completely unrelated forum, give absolutely no proper description of your problem, and then expect strangers who may or may not have any idea what you are talking about, to solve your problems.

Also, as far as the issue goes, check both of your firewalls, make sure your ports are forwarded correctly, and then try again. If that doesn't work, check and make sure you're both on the same version of Maptool. If that doesn't work, seek help elsewhere(Like say, perhaps the maptool forum.) you've expended my knowledge.

EDIT:Also, if you are say perhaps a teenager living at home with partially tech unsavvy parents who don't want ports forwarded, try Hamachi, no I'm not going to link you Hamachi, nor am I going to give you help in setting up hamachi. Google is your friend.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:24:56 am by Dakorma »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:25:29 am »

Because there's totally a Maptools thread that he could have posted this in here, right? Oh wait, there wasn't, so he made one. No need to put out the all-caps and goddamns yet.

Maybe next time see if it actually exists before shouting at someone to post in it, even if this isn't the best place to ask.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 02:41:33 am »

Because there's totally a Maptools thread that he could have posted this in here, right? Oh wait, there wasn't, so he made one. No need to put out the all-caps and goddamns yet.

He meant OP should post it in relevant forum, instead of creating a new threat here asking for specific issue.

Maybe next time see if it actually exists before shouting at someone to post in it, even if this isn't the best place to ask.

He meant OP should post in relevant forum instead of creating a new thread here about something very specific instead of general discussion.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:55:49 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:45:49 am »

Is what i ment.
Sorry for being harsh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:27 am »

Actually, he made a thread yesterday about these virtual tabletops in which we all chimed in despite it also being a totally lame thread.

This section is for Other Games, it seems to me that if he wants to have a thread on MapTools it should be a proper thread on it with links to maptools, description and a healthy discussion about it.

This is not a tech support forum. I kinda think harshness is starting to be earned.
I got nothing

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 08:43:22 am »

What are MapTools?

Don't be harsh with him, he's well known for his mental problems and posting irrelevant stuff. We can be better and try to accept him :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 08:48:11 am »

What are MapTools?

Don't be harsh with him, he's well known for his mental problems and posting irrelevant stuff. We can be better and try to accept him :).

you mean he has repeated inappropriate behavior and we should reward him for it. cool.
I got nothing