Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 12 Player God Game  (Read 4889 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
12 Player God Game
« on: June 02, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »

I was debating whether or not I could run two RtDs. At first, I was like, hell no, but then this idea kinda struck me.
And it's been done before of course.
But instead of the generic RPG game, I'll focus on the generic "You are gods" game.

There will be twelve players and everyone else gets to make suggestions. These suggestions can affect the gods by giving or taking away power by worshipping/abandoning, changing the world(s), or anything else you can think of.

There needs to be gods for each of the three "types."
Gods of Force have power over things like land, sea, air, man, animal, and the like.
Gods of Mind have power over things like invention, art, music, and the like.
Gods of Soul have power over things like war, peace, emotion, love, and the like.

There's a minimum of three for one group- also meaning the maximum is 6, by default.

Now, there's also something else. You can have any of these six "alignments", which determine what your personal goal is.
The Leader: Become the head deity or head of your god type, without killing off everyone.
The Dictator: Above, but your goal is not to have gods under you, it's to be THE god.
The Loner: Ignores god hierarchy and becomes a separate deity not part of the chain.
The Clown: Meddles with everyone and everything, disastrous or helpful.
The Loved: Gather lots of followers in a happy, peaceful way. Often gathers a lot of power for their side.
The Respected: Gathers power by being a powerful force, often harming but not outright killing things to show them who to worship.

The first two are good/evil variants, and the last two. The other two are neutral, but determine involvement in the overall affairs of everyone else.

Gods often form bonds.
Bonds can be described as a link between two gods, where power can be shared or fights can occur.
The two types of bonds are [Link] and [Fight].
[Link] bonds share power amongst all the gods linked together, allowing for more complicated things to be done.
[Fight] bonds can be called on by only one god, and this causes a struggle between the gods. Their actions can and will interfere with each other, there's a chance that the two gods themselves will fight it out, and the little humans down there will fight it out as well.
------
This game is about control as much as it is about teamwork. There is a main goal as well, but it is not revealed until later.

The world is a young Earth, there are bands of people living in castles. This is a time in the Middle Ages, where the plague has not occurred yet (and it may not depending on your actions).

Power determines how likely a large action will succeed. Power is gained with more followers, and is lost when you have less.

Your god needs:
Name:
God of:
Appearance:
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: 12 Player God Game
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:03:41 pm »

Name: Nikalas
God of: Soul, fear and bravery; The Respected
Apperance: From the a passage from The Gods by Rober Halldale (with annotations by planar travlers) "The Fear God Nikalas is human looking but without a face. He is garbed in a strange red robe (trenchcoat, fucker must be trying to go the make-everyone-think-I'm-a-Mary-Sue-but-then-get-dangerous route.) On his head sits a stange hat (fedora) that covers the blank slate that should be his face. In the shadows caused by the hat there are glowing red things in a crule mockery of eyes and a smiling mouth. He apperas to speak through those but the words sound like they come from everywhere."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:10:40 pm »

Name : Exal
God of :  forbidden knowlegde ; The Clown ; God of Mind
Appereance : Exal is best described by his default state, an orb of every known color. But like the chaos, which is an aspect of him, he likes to shift his appereance every time he wants to. Often he even mocks his opponents with a caricature of themselves.
Character : A confused, if not, insane god. Not outright sadistic, he oftens cause trouble and likes to get people on their nerves. But he can get serious. But then someone should run away really fast.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:43:26 am by Dragor23 »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:26:50 pm »

Name: T'kallia (tuh-call-lee-ah)
God of: Mind,Magic in general but prefers life/element magic,the loner, life , death
Appearance:
Peaceful form: cucasian human wearing a large wizard gown and wearing a mask similar to the one from V: for vendetta.
Angered form: wields two balls of light in each hand: one white and one black. and has a torn robe and surrounded by fire. half the mask is gone
Character when not on his 1000 year cycle of rage he is a kind,forgiving god. when angered all that goes away and will destroy everything in his path with his control over life and death, you will not see scorched land, but rather fresh corpses where he has struck.
he only dabbles in the elements and does not use them often because of he may harm the pristine land
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:37 pm »

scoots, I hope he's in the peaceful cycle.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 01:32:13 pm »

it only activates when one of his people angers him, or he feels strong emotional pain.

oh yeah and is people are accomplished scholars
---
siggy!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 01:33:08 pm »

it only activates when one of his people angers him, or he feels strong emotional pain.

oh yeah and is people are accomplished scholars

Sooooo,sooner or later I will piss him off.
Great.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 01:35:06 pm »

yep his powers of INSTA-KILL AWESOME

onley work on mortals and heavily weaken gods
---
siggy!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »

so what do we do?
---
siggy!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 02:10:23 pm »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »

like in god hood where they made planets?

i dont even know if we're registerd
---
siggy!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 02:33:25 pm »

Delusional people are fun. Just teabag the "OMG GOD OF ROFLDEATHCOPTER". :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »

Delusional people are fun. Just teabag the "OMG GOD OF ROFLDEATHCOPTER". :P

You just got the idea from me.  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »

Of course. My normal modus operandi of violent hilarity involves kicks to the crotch.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 02:52:43 pm »

Of course. My normal modus operandi of violent hilarity involves kicks to the crotch.
Dude, that's wicked. Never do this. It's... disturbing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4