Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hauling changes: Problem with disarming gobs?  (Read 552 times)

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hauling changes: Problem with disarming gobs?
« on: June 02, 2012, 03:09:07 am »

So I just got a 2-squad ambush and had to kill only one of the goblins. I caged the other ones without problems. Then my dwarves moved the cages into the designated stockpile, no problem there either.

I was obviously going to use the prisoners for soldier training so I tried to disarm them using the dump command. My dwarves took away a bunch of items from the cage. Following that, I moved the cage in my barracks, locked the door, removed the goblin and watched it die.

But when I checked the combat report, I saw that the marksgoblin was not disarmed and shot a copper arrow to my militia commander. It only bruised his arm but it could've been a lucky hit and that would've left me in a very bad situation since this is my no-migrant fort.

Can anybody tell me why he was still holding onto his weapon and ammunition? Have I done anything wrong?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Hauling changes: Problem with disarming gobs?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 03:12:22 am »

Did you reclaim/unforbid the goblins items first?
This is a blank sig.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:31:52 am »

Did you reclaim/unforbid the goblins items first?
I did.

For another goblin, I used the dump/reclaim commands twice and he was completely disarmed the second time. What might be the problem here?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 06:21:48 am »

Got yourself a Dump?  I do that all the times, send things to the Dump, and forget to assign an activity zone to be a Dump.  I am guessing you do, since the other Gobs had their stuff removed.

This to me, is more a problem with job priorities than anything else.  I'd imagine disarming of prisoners to be pretty high up there in priority, however, I don't think they do it with anymore haste, than the dumping rubble.  Just takes time.  Maybe nobody got to it. 

Did you review your stockpile weapons catagory to make sure everything was dumped?  Before you mass pitted them?  It'll show the D flag on their weapons in Stock list.  Once they are dumped it becomes an F forbid flag.  Take care, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:48:27 am »

I'd imagine disarming of prisoners to be pretty high up there in priority, however, I don't think they do it with anymore haste, than the dumping rubble.  Just takes time.  Maybe nobody got to it.

Yeah I might have acted too quickly. I forget my dwarfpower is limited in this fort since I have 13 of them. Thanks for the help.