Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunter/Arrow problem.  (Read 422 times)

kaleb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunter/Arrow problem.
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:26:12 pm »

My hunter goes to the ammo stockpile picks up an arrow, sets it back down, goes to the dining room, then goes back to the ammo pile and does it again. Its a never ending loop, I dumped the arrow the first time, but he just gets another. He takes a single arrow out of a bin, and just picks it up and drops it as many times as I let him.

I've tried removing the stockpile and putting it somewhere else, but he just does the same thing.

Anyone got any advice on how to make him stop and go hunt?

magicwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter/Arrow problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:28:49 pm »

Is it an arrow or a bolt? Because crossbows use bolts, and IIRC you can't *make* arrows which really limits the usability/longevity of using bows as a weapon (instead of crossbows). I would try removing his Hunting task and see if that stops, but my guess it has something to do with the uniform which is causing him to try and get ammunition... but there isn't enough? So you could try messing with the ammo that is assigned to your hunters as well in the uniforms section of the military screen.
If I wanted to do things the "easy way", then I wouldn't be playing Dwarf Fortress.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter/Arrow problem.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:53:13 am »

take off the hunter labor for a season or so, turn it back on, see what happens (aside from hunters eventually being butchered by goblins)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.