Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 265348 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:45 am »

Honestly, I think you should make bowser type koopas just a very rare caste.

Any reason why?

I haven't played the fort mode, but so far as much as I can see the demon koopa megabeasts seem to work pretty well for legends and adventure mode.
Last time I played the bowser showed up as a quasi-agressive titan spawn at one point who ran around killed a few invaders and then knocked over a building or two before leaving.  When he actually came as a leader the bowser ended up just standing around at the edge of the map for quite awhile before moving to a meeting area.  I had a hell of a time giving him anything or moving him about.  Of course it may have changed last time I played was a while ago.
Nom nom nom

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

Honestly, I think you should make bowser type koopas just a very rare caste.

Any reason why?

I haven't played the fort mode, but so far as much as I can see the demon koopa megabeasts seem to work pretty well for legends and adventure mode.
Last time I played the bowser showed up as a quasi-agressive titan spawn at one point who ran around killed a few invaders and then knocked over a building or two before leaving.  When he actually came as a leader the bowser ended up just standing around at the edge of the map for quite awhile before moving to a meeting area.  I had a hell of a time giving him anything or moving him about.  Of course it may have changed last time I played was a while ago.

If he wants to knock down a building, he'll do it!  If he wants to wander around the fortress, he'll do that too!  NOBODY tells the Koopa King what to do!

Seriously though, I have considered using the rare-caste-and-restricted-position option, but from the time that Great Demon King Koopa arrived on the gaming scene and up until his infernal stage entrance in Super Smash Bros, there's always been the subtle implication that Bowser isn't really one of the Koopas, as turtle-like as he might appear on the outside.  The idea of playing as the puppet leader of a nation conquered by the iron fist of a demon king intrigued me, so I constructed the entire Koopa game around that feeling; when he shows up, you have to build your game around his wishes, not the other way around.  It's a challenge, but hey, what other challenges are there by the time you've reached that point?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod (Quasi-update: Version 0.202)
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2012, 02:33:49 pm »

Hi, idk if anyone has pointed this out, but when i try to download this mod from your link on the first post, it only downloads as a word file and its in gibberish (code). Any way to fix this?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2012, 04:03:47 pm »

Sorry I also should of mentioned that being a non-race leader seems to make him never make demands or place restrictions.
Nom nom nom

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2012, 10:22:16 am »

Hi, idk if anyone has pointed this out, but when i try to download this mod from your link on the first post, it only downloads as a word file and its in gibberish (code). Any way to fix this?

Odd...works fine for me.  It's a .rar file though, usually I put it as a .zip, maybe your unzipping program doesn't work with it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »

Yet another quasi-update: Just some weapon tweaks (no more bisecting enemies with fans, though they are good at slitting nerves and breaking bones), a few new regular weapons added (punch gloves and metal claws for toads and koopas respectively), one artifact-only weapon (ultra hammer, which is especially good at propelling enemies), bumpties made more durable, and finally, shy guy language is now more concise and less jarring, though not much easier to pronounce.  Also, experimenting with Pyro Guys (basically, any shy guy can burn indefinitely if they escape from the source of the burning quickly enough).

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2012, 10:48:32 pm »

Odd...works fine for me.  It's a .rar file though, usually I put it as a .zip, maybe your unzipping program doesn't work with it.

Your right, does anyone have this as a .zip?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2012, 02:24:52 pm »

Excuse me, but I'm having trouble installing this.  :(

Process:

Download fresh version of DF to a new folder

Download MK mod and paste it over the DF main folder

Play

Create world

Crash :(

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

This version is pretty unstable, sometimes you have to try a few times before it works.

Try deleting the vanilla plants and grasses file.  Yeah, I don't know why, but it seems to help.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »

I deleted, plant_standard, entity_default, creature_standard, creature_domestic from the raws and now the game works great.  It must be some type of species, plant, or creature overload causing the crashes... wait aren't humans in the mods files and the creature_standard file?  I smell duplicate raws.
Nom nom nom

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2012, 05:58:06 pm »

No luck, sorry guys. :(

Error luck still produces nothing.  ???

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2012, 07:06:35 pm »

I deleted, plant_standard, entity_default, creature_standard, creature_domestic from the raws and now the game works great.  It must be some type of species, plant, or creature overload causing the crashes... wait aren't humans in the mods files and the creature_standard file?  I smell duplicate raws.

Actually shouldn't be a problem IndigoFenix put a _MK at the end of the name for every creature he added, including humans. DF Vanilla humans should be able to play nice with Mushroom Kingdom humans (in a solely mod sense, I imagine they will kill each other in play).
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod (Down-date: Version 0.2)
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2012, 10:43:18 am »

So... Got my computer back.  I've downgraded the mod back to the stable version 0.2, so no more secrets unfortunately, but at least you can play it without crashing.  I'm going to start from scratch and see if I can figure out what went wrong with the last update.  Stay tuned!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »

Seems that something very weird is at the heart of this mod.  I can't figure out how to make it actually 100% stable, but there seem to be ways of changing its level of stability in a relative sense, and these things don't seem to have any clear pattern.  Even rearranging the order of completely unrelated creatures seems to affect the stability; I put some civ creatures into the megabeast folder and it suddenly became much more stable.  The way I'm looking at it, I'll call it good enough if it can reliably start a new game on startup (once the game is actually running it doesn't seem to be particularly crash-prone - the problem is apparently being caused by something that happens when the raws are loaded).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2012, 11:43:02 pm »

Oh, secrets were causing it? Here's a hint: any CREATURE_ACTIONs will crash if they have HIST_STRINGs.

There are a few others.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62