Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 265604 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

IndigoFenix, LEATHER/ITEMS_LEATHER, while still functional for leathermaking, are deprecated in favor of MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PARCHMENT_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PARCHMENT for making leather and parchment, respectively.  Right now, creatures using your special leather materials are valid for leather but not for parchment.  Easily fixed by just adding those two tags to the end of each.

Rydel, I'll test the new version and see if it fixes the issue the next time I see a K-9 pup.

EDIT:  Also, you missed the moleperson/monty mole/etc graphics when you were updating tags - they're still _MW, so they won't show up.  Easily fixed, just a heads-up.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:36:45 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moles should be fixed in both versions now.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

IndigoFenix, LEATHER/ITEMS_LEATHER, while still functional for leathermaking, are deprecated in favor of MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PARCHMENT_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PARCHMENT for making leather and parchment, respectively.  Right now, creatures using your special leather materials are valid for leather but not for parchment.  Easily fixed by just adding those two tags to the end of each.

Not exactly sure what you mean here.  All creatures with normal materials use the vanilla skin template and standard materials, the altered leather creature variations just replace the leather with something else.  Unless you mean creatures with scales, which I don't think can be made into parchment, so that's not really an issue.

What creatures have skin that can't be made into parchment?  Oh... maybe something with skin but lacking standard body materials?  Like mildes or something?  Or are normal creatures' skins also unable to be made into parchment?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your stone bed reaction uses stonecrafting instead of masonry despite happening at a mason's workshop.  It also doesn't respect economic stone, or require hard stone - this is occasionally rude (you made a native aluminum bed?) but also occasionally hilarious (Any clay + a kiln set to gather clay + a nearby mason's workshop mass producing beds = infinite clay beds for everyone)

Don't know if you can, or even want to, fix this one.

EDIT:  Also worth a note - a single green glass spiked pillar can be worth up to 115 thousand koopabucks when masterwork, thanks to how trapcomp values are calculated.  It being enormous and edged means that any glass-producing fort can produce literally infinite value at an alarmingly quick rate.  Admittedly, this is somewhat self-balancing by receiving much larger and earlier sieges, but it's still impressive, and caravans love 'em.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:38:35 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Painted rocks can't be used for any of the things rocks are supposed to be used for.  I think this might be because they're boulders of a creature material.  Why were colored stones/wood moved to a creature mat?

Painted wood works fine, but painted rocks are non-functional as rocks.

~LegacyCWAL

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod is amazing.

I just found a strange bug that doesn't allow me to increase the number of wheelbarrows on any stockpile. If I press W, it just displays an odd 1 or 0 in cyan and doesn't increase. Is this a bug or a feature?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod is amazing.

I just found a strange bug that doesn't allow me to increase the number of wheelbarrows on any stockpile. If I press W, it just displays an odd 1 or 0 in cyan and doesn't increase. Is this a bug or a feature?

Whatever it is, I'm almost certain it's a vanilla issue.  No reason why the mod should interfere with that.

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could be, I'm using DF 0.43.03 with Phoebus but I extracted DF from the Lazy Noob Pack which may be a problem.  Is there a prepacked ROTMK with graphics and dfhack somewhere?  I can post screenshots if you wish.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but you don't really need one, since it's a raw-only mod (plus a few speech files).

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, you're using DFhack?  That'll do it then.  DFhack changes that bit of the UI - hitting w doesn't add another wheelbarrow to the stockpile, it turns that into a text space where you can enter the number of wheelbarrows you want assigned, that way a stockpile isn't limited to 3 wheelbarrows.

~LegacyCWAL

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, this worked, thanks Thuellai.  Wow, playing as the Toads; having to build on top makes you rethink your priorities in fort building.  Just had two necromancers try to invade with a piranha bean sprout who was summarily bitchslapped to death by an unarmed idling glazer.  They left a bunch of skull icon things that claim to be piranha sprout teeth.  Can these be claimed and used as teeth or ivory?  Also do I have to assign Yoshi's like hunting dogs to a particular dwarf?  They keep milling about the animal trainer but weren't close enough to the invasion to help fight it.  Also, items like the Power Flowers, do they need to be cooked in the kitchen or are they processed in another workshop?  What is this unpacking station I see on the workshop menus?  Seems to be either disabled or a remnant because it only occupies one square. 

Once again IndigoFenix, thanks for this wonderful mod.  How goes the soundsense pack?  I figure it should be possible to extract the snes sound files from a SMW ROM to get sounds and songs. 

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What format does Soundsense use?  Extracting sounds from a rom usually gives a fairly obscure format which then needs to be converted to something more common.  It's a multi-step process, but still fairly simple.

EDIT: Or rather, extracting music is simple.  Extracting sound effects is a bit tougher.

Going over what Sensesense does sounds for, a lot of it is oriented around dialog and more traditional combat, places where Mario tends to be lacking.  Mario RPG would probably be the best source for combat sounds.  For conversational sounds, all I can think of is the murmurring crowd in the opening of Mario All Stars.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:34:12 am by Rydel »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Soundsense pack is on the front page - I put it in a separate file because it is a HUGE file.  But great!  I mostly use SMRPG for combat sounds but there are scattered bits from other Mario games.  No conversation sounds (I haven't updated it since the combat overhaul in 2014) but it still works well and really helps with immersion... sometimes I even use it for Vanilla DF, in my (somewhat biased) opinion the 16-bit sound effects fit better with DF's minimalist style than Soundsense's default pack.

(Only one conversation-related bug - you get the 'item drop' sound effect when someone says "let's drop the argument" :).)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does soundsense have the ability to change the music based on events going on?  While poking through the sound data, I kept thinking "This song would be great to play when X is sieging you" or "This could replace the normal background music when playing as entity Y"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does soundsense have the ability to change the music based on events going on?  While poking through the sound data, I kept thinking "This song would be great to play when X is sieging you" or "This could replace the normal background music when playing as entity Y"

Not really.  It does play special music during certain events (being ambushed as an adventurer, forgotten beast attack, invasions, discovering a cavern) but the music only plays once before going back to the normal songs.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62