Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 257475 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod (Update: Version 0.11)
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:20 pm »

Is it possible to start as a magikoopa? I just tried to and ended up with a copper trident instead of a wand.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

You ended up with the trident because you didn't have the correct skill for the wand.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2012, 10:47:04 pm »

wouldn't that be the magikoopa skill?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:07 am »

Is it possible to start as a magikoopa? I just tried to and ended up with a copper trident instead of a wand.

In this version, you can't start out as a magikoopa in Adventure Mode, and if you do get a magic scepter you won't be able to use it because the 'Polygon' ammo isn't native to any race (since it can only be produced by reactions in Fortress mode, and the game doesn't seem to recognize that possibility when determining available ammo).  You can learn magic techniques through reading secret books though.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:54 am »

playing as koopas, my Law-Giver just spawned as a titan for my fortress, he got the whole pop-up message and then proceeded to wander around the fortress.  He was marked as friendly so it was kinda cool to have my king just like walk past my fortress, right up until a siege spawned and he ran head first into it..... He did kill them all but he is now laying in my hospital with two broken arms.

Pre-post edit: Appears my crack team of medics has him up and running since he just got up and left the map like a normal animal spawn...
Nom nom nom

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2012, 02:28:18 pm »

playing as koopas, my Law-Giver just spawned as a titan for my fortress, he got the whole pop-up message and then proceeded to wander around the fortress.  He was marked as friendly so it was kinda cool to have my king just like walk past my fortress, right up until a siege spawned and he ran head first into it..... He did kill them all but he is now laying in my hospital with two broken arms.

Pre-post edit: Appears my crack team of medics has him up and running since he just got up and left the map like a normal animal spawn...

Huh.
Well I was wondering what kind of things would happen once the leader arrived.  I guess that's reasonable for a Titan though.  He didn't start knocking down buildings, did he?

Also, did he come at the regular time that the King is supposed to show up (after building a huge fortress etc.) or was it just a Titan that happened to be your civ's own ruler?  I haven't been able to do any testing with the later effects of this mod, and I don't think there's been much science done on how the game handles megabeast/titan/demon rulers.  My guess is that you won't be able to have complete control over them, since they aren't your base species.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »

yea it wasn't at the right time for a king, I had like 20 koopas and only an expidition leader, was like the first winter for time reference.  So it was just a titan that happened to be my civs leader, and no he was perfectly freindly
Nom nom nom

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:30 pm »

Proof of concept, the 16x16 Koopa. 15x16 actually.

For some reason this mod, with Phoebos graphics (I haven't tested non-graphical) always crashes when I try to generate a large world. I can't seem to make it crash anywhere else.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:32:46 pm by StephanReiken »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:52 pm »

yea it wasn't at the right time for a king, I had like 20 koopas and only an expidition leader, was like the first winter for time reference.  So it was just a titan that happened to be my civs leader, and no he was perfectly freindly

You know. Even though it was a titan, I still imagined Bowser entering the map. Announcing his arrival ("Did someone mention the king of awesome!") and stomping around for a while. Running head first into battle, being on the medical bed, and then leaving. It gave me a good chuckle.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2012, 12:30:58 am »

You know. Even though it was a titan, I still imagined Bowser entering the map. Announcing his arrival ("Did someone mention the king of awesome!") and stomping around for a while. Running head first into battle, being on the medical bed, and then leaving. It gave me a good chuckle.

Then my intention was fulfilled.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2012, 03:37:34 pm »

So here's the current line-up for the trading races for Toads:

SpringSummerAutumn
Level 1Beans (weapons/armor)Piantas (good-aligned pets/tropical fruit)Toads (clothing and food)
Level 2Bub-Ulbs (good-region fruits)Nokis (tropical ocean products)Moles (mining equipment)
Level 3Frogs (special powerups)Something else...Doogans (evil-aligned plants/animals)

Goombas will start attacking between levels 1 and 2, Koopas and Bob-ombs around level 3.

Any ideas of one more race for the missing slot, and what they should carry?

Koopas and Shy Guys will have to fight Yoshis from the start, and will be attacked by Beans in the spring, Piantas in the summer, and Doogans in the autumn, all starting around Level 2 (although they have different appearance requirements, so they might show up in different orders depending on your playing style).

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »

Don't forget about bumpties... killed so many bumpties playing as koopas
Nom nom nom

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »

Don't forget about bumpties... killed so many bumpties playing as koopas

Oh right, they're already in, they come in the winter.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2012, 04:58:09 pm »

SpringSummerAutumn
Level 1Beans (weapons/armor)Piantas (good-aligned pets/tropical fruit)Toads (clothing and food)
Level 2Bub-Ulbs (good-region fruits)Nokis (tropical ocean products)Moles (mining equipment)
Level 3Frogs (special powerups)Something else...Doogans (evil-aligned plants/animals)

Goombas will start attacking between levels 1 and 2, Koopas and Bob-ombs around level 3.

Koopas and Shy Guys will have to fight Yoshis from the start, and will be attacked by Beans in the spring, Piantas in the summer, and Doogans in the autumn, all starting around Level 2 (although they have different appearance requirements, so they might show up in different orders depending on your playing style).

Craws? A bit like Doogans, but rather than animals they have moderately good metals.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2012, 11:13:12 am »

SpringSummerAutumn

Craws? A bit like Doogans, but rather than animals they have moderately good metals.

How about Star Sprites?

Bowser's Inside Story shows that Star Sprites still have a moderate affiliation with the Mushroom Kingdom. Paper Mario shows that Star Sprites are born the ground and ascend up to Star Haven later on. Star Sprites can have infinite life spans and take a long time to grow up, but when they have kids it can be in groups of seven. They would have to be live in good-aligned biomes to keep the mystic quality they are supposed to have.

They could trade Star Pieces, an item made to be melted into a very rare metal or be a stone type that the Toads can work with. I think stone would be better and the Sprites could also possibly bring weapons or armor made from a metal that can only come from the Star Sprites. I like this because Toads can't really dig for the deepest metal, so giving them some kind of long term reward of this type seems like a nice thing.)

They could also trade other Star themed goodies even maybe trade young Star Sprites to act as a support pet. (Even better if it is possible for Toads to make wishes on the Star Sprites to give them power boosts, can interactions target allies? It seems like you can have it target specifically Star Sprites from the way the tokens look.) The other Star themed goodies could be like valuable plants that the player can try to grow or maybe a neat fabric or something.

And a Star Bit item that can be turn into a Star Cake.

On that note, Lumas could be a secondary caste for Star Sprites as the creatures are nearly identical anyway. (I know you like to stay away from castes, but here it is because really they could easily just be the same species with different names and they would hang out in the same place. This way they form societies together and live in Star Organism harmony.)

Edit: You could also add an interaction in good aligned biomes that causes it to rain Star Bits, Falling Stars, or Star dust or something. It would be neat bit of flavor for those areas.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:28:18 am by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61