Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61

Author Topic: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: No new update...yet  (Read 257333 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod (Major Update! Version 0.1)
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »

I think it's sorta a default problem with DF indigo, creatures never really seem to like drinking non-alcoholic beverages and often even resort to water over milk.
Nom nom nom

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2012, 07:04:51 pm »

I thought milk counted as food?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »

Hum, whatever it counts as I've rarely seen people drink/eat it except those who have the prefernce for loving it
Nom nom nom

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2012, 08:37:42 pm »

My toads have super healing powers. Break a few bones because a Goomba thief got bold? No problem! Rest in bed for a few days your as good as new. No doctor required.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2012, 06:47:48 am »

I think it's sorta a default problem with DF indigo, creatures never really seem to like drinking non-alcoholic beverages and often even resort to water over milk.
I thought milk counted as food?
Hum, whatever it counts as I've rarely seen people drink/eat it except those who have the prefernce for loving it

I've been getting some really weird results with liquids, like when I selected 'prepare easy meal', the cook grabbed ALL of the drinks and put them into the meal, which all showed up in the food description.  As being minced, too.  Then, I tried embarking as Dwarves with milk as the only food item and was getting cancellation messages saying 'X cancels Give Food: No Food Available'.  I haven't read anything about bugs like these, it sounds like a duplicate raws or need-to-regen-world bug, but I always regen worlds after making changes, and there's nothing in the errorlog...

If this kind of thing keeps up I could just cut around the issue entirely and make them either solid food (which would be kind of weird, although irrelevant as far as gameplay is concerned) or alchoholic drinks (which would change the 'one powerup at a time' mechanism).  Still, I feel as though this whole thing shouldn't be.  When I made the Magikoopa potion (which is almost exactly the same material, just with a different syndrome and method of production) a Koopa drank it without an issue.  Why should stuff actually extracted from animals behave any differently than creature extract-classed drinks produced artificially in a workshop?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:00 am »

My toads have super healing powers. Break a few bones because a Goomba thief got bold? No problem! Rest in bed for a few days your as good as new. No doctor required.
Yea, heheheh except for the fact that a scratch can easily de-limb or bisect one, they are quite resilient.
Nom nom nom

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom: Major Mod (Update: Version 0.11)
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2012, 05:54:57 am »

New update:

3 new regular civilizations added: Piantas, Nokis, and Doogans.  Piantas and Doogans will form bandit groups in Adventure mode and attack Koopas and Shyguys in Fortress.  Be especially cautious of Piantas: just because they go into battle unarmed and wearing nothing but short skirts doesn't mean they're pushovers.  They're troll-sized, and get combat bonuses as long as they're outside.  In Fortress mode, lure them underground to make them lose this edge.  As for adventurers... good luck  :P

2 new item thief civilizations for Shy Guys to trade with: Squeeks and Bandits.  Squeeks carry clothing and food, and Bandits carry metals.  Non-thief races should watch out for Bandits, they show up in the summer and are bigger than the average skulker.

2 'challenge' races that have a small chance of attacking your fort late in the game: Shroobs and Machine Mades.  Shroobs are unintelligible ray-gun toting babysnatchers that can use their infectious spores to turn your civ members into crazed lunatics, brain-dead zombies, and mushrooms, while Machine Mades are brutally powerful robotic monsters that will siege and burn your fort to the ground.  Prepare for a tough fight!

With all these races running around, it might be time for getting rid of the vanilla entity file.  Pay attention to your neighbor list on embark though: depending on what part of the world you're settling in and what climates the continent is connected to, there's a decent chance that you won't wind up with access to all of these races at once.

Some bugs have been fixed: Most importantly, Koopas can now withdraw into their armor in Adventure Mode.  Frog Drinks have been changed into alcoholic beverages, so they will actually work now, although the powerup time will be only half that of food-type powerups (since creatures drink more frequently than they eat).  Boos will no longer show up in random locations, as they have been restricted to roaming wild in evil locations and attacking travelers at night.

Chomp Shells have been made two-handed in order to balance them out, and a new one-handed version has been added: Mini Chomps, which have about the size and power of a regular flail/morningstar/whip.  They are both highly versatile weapons, combining a bludgeon, blade, and whip in one.  Make your Koopa adventurer a Macekoopa for a chance of starting out with one.

Toads are, on average, tougher than before and won't get pulled to pieces quite as easily.  In exchange, their recuperation speed has been lowered.  They are still pretty breakable with a quick recovery time, and can still recuperate from any injury (aside from losing limbs) with sufficient bed-rest.  In addition, Toads will no longer be restricted to starting out with wooden weapons in Adventure Mode (the wood forms of weapons have been turned into training weapons).  They will also build castles and fortifications in worldgen.

Yoshi behavior has been changed.  They will no longer hunt vermin (although they will gobble them if they happen to cross paths) or adopt owners.  Instead, they will eat from stockpiles like regular citizens.  If one of them eats a Yoshi Cookie (made in the kitchen from cake mix and a melon), it will gain stat bonuses for the next month.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2012, 04:25:34 pm »

So are the regular DF races going to be phased out? It feels weird buying cloth from Elves and Humans when I'm supposed to be playing toads.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

So are the regular DF races going to be phased out? It feels weird buying cloth from Elves and Humans when I'm supposed to be playing toads.

I'm giving everything a unique name so that you could play it with or without the original files or mix it with other unique-named mods as you prefer, but at this point there are more than enough races to go around, so you can simply delete the entity_default file.

There are a still a few issues in Adventure mode...most importantly some of the enemies are somehow immune to all physical attacks.  I'm... not entirely sure how.  Let's just pretend they drank a Red Essence until I can figure out what's really going on.  They can be stunned with attacks and strangled unconscious, though they don't seem to suffocate, and they aren't any stronger than usual, so you can generally work around them, although they do have a tendency to kill your teammates.

That isn't to say Adventure Mode isn't a lot of fun, though!  You can travel to find villages occupied by many different races, and sometimes people will leave power-up foods out in free bags.  I've yet to see anything but peppers, but I wonder if the game balances the kinds of foods people will leave out, or if it just randomly chooses from all available plants.  I wonder if you could wind up with free Fire Flowers, or even 1-Ups.  A bagful of those would be a hugely unfair boon to adventurers.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »

You know, if we ever get multi-ethnic cities, this mod could be so much bleeping fun (not that it is not already, but still.) Boo's lurking around, shops to raid, pinta crime lords to kill, ect.

In other news, playing a Koopa in adventure mode is fun. Sadly, I found a Chomp. Afer breaking a leg.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2012, 03:44:51 pm »

Cities are already multi-ethnic. Check out a market sometime!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2012, 07:35:25 am »

Wha -

Is anyone else getting Shy Guy embarks with everyone being inexplicably 'injured' from the start despite having no actual injuries?  What kind of bug is that?

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2012, 12:49:50 pm »

My first Shy Guy migrant wave gave me five legendaries.
Is this normal? ???

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2012, 01:42:05 pm »

My first Shy Guy migrant wave gave me five legendaries.
Is this normal? ???

That's not supposed to happen either, though you appear to have gotten luckier than I was.
Something weird is going on with the Shy Guys...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2012, 04:08:34 pm »

Found the problem.  Shy Guys have kind of a weird body plan, and there was an error that made the game think their lower body wasn't connected apparently.

That doesn't account for the Legendaries, but that part could be an effect of their odd learning rates.  (Shy Guys learn at 4x the speed of most races, but they also lose skills at 4x the normal rate.  It could be that the game automatically attributes skills multiplied by their learn rates, so a Shy Guy that would be at a 'Skilled' level or something might wind up as a Legendary.  You have to keep them doing their job though, or they'll be demoted pretty quickly.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61