Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Turn 3.  (Read 9550 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Failturn 2.
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 09:30:46 am »

Rahul narrowed his eyes at the familiar. He knew there were other mages in this city, but the most pressing concern would be if that familiar was owned by Caster. Perhaps if the magi had spotted it from a distance he could have sent a magical tracking device, but as it is now they got away cleanly. Clicking his teeth in irritation he sighed and headed back to the manor.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 11:35:01 am »

"Don't worry about it, Master." Lancer said, still in spirit form so the only one who could see/hear him was Rahul. "Have confidence in my ability, would you?" He said with a smirk, crossing his arms and following his Master. "We're heading back early, then? I have a request if all we're going to be doing is resting at the manor. Or are we going back to the apartment? Nevermind, for now. I want to get back to full power quickly, as such I'd request that you transfer some mana to me periodically. The faster I get back on my feet, the less disadvantage we're at." He tilts his head as he finishes the sentence, still following his Master. "You know it's the truth as much as I do."
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 12:35:10 pm »

Walking along the dark street with the tapping of his cane and his footsteps was relaxing, then Rahul hears Lancer.
"Indeed. I fully plan to supply you with all the mana you require."
The tall man rubbed a temple as he turned a corner, heading for the Manor.
"This is part of the reason I want to rest as quickly as possible, so you can get what you need, and I can remain acutely aware. Fatigue wears on the mind just as much as it does the body."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »

"Very well then, Master. I distrust Archer." The sudden topic change was abrupt, even for Lancer, but he felt it was something he needed to say. "To be honest, I'd rather wipe him out quickly with my Noble Phantasm. Archer's can be annoying, and this one is specifically weakened, even further than normal. What's your reasoning for allying with the girl?" He paused for a second, still following. "Not that I have a problem with alliances, or the current alliance we have." He absent-mindedly tapped his chin, with his eyes closed. Not like he needed to look, he could simply pass through any obstacles. "It just seems so... unusual, especially for the Grail War."
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Turn 3.
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 02:09:01 am »

Turn 3. Night 1.

Archer once again takes his Master under his arm without warning and carries her towards the manor. The other Servants must be resting, so it is important to gain some mana in order to stand on equal ground against the other contestants.

The two quickly reach the manor. It seems Rahul and Lancer haven't returned yet. Archer leads Kira into the living room and explains how it is much easier for a Servant to survive on the mana his master provides than the mana the Servant can gather himself. After Kira passes her mana to Archer, she goes to rest in her bedroom while Archer rests in the treasure room.

(Kira: -450 mana passed to Archer, +250 for resting (half night). No longer tired.)
(Archer: +1350 mana received from Master, +500 for resting (half night).)

The Master keeps thinking about his Servant's words. Perhaps Archer really isn't to be trusted, however he seems to be honest. Besides Kira wouldn't allow him to betray them. Killing them now would be a very important decision. Perhaps now it is better to just stay cautious.

The two reach the manor after some time. The lights are turned on in Kira's room, so she must already be back. For now it is better to rest. They can talk later - Archer will probably want to organize another strategy meeting in the morning anyway.

Rahul passes his mana to Lancer before both go to rest.

(Rahul: -400 mana passed to Lancer, +200 for resting (half night). No longer tired.)
(Lancer: +2000 mana received from Master, +300 for resting (half night).)

Rahul wakes up. It seems this will be a cold yet sunny winter day. Through his window the Master can see huge piles of snow, probably accumulated during the night, reflecting the light of the sky. It is not snowing right now and there is no wind - perfect weather that, sadly, can not be fully enjoyed due to the difficulties of the Grail War.

Rahul can hear footsteps in the hallway. Kira must be up already. Now it is time to decide what to do during daytime.

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 07:54:05 am »

Archer sighed soundly before kicking the side of Kira's bed unceremoniously with his hard boot, causing the bed to tremble slightly and emit a quiet noise. The girl needed to wake up early and they had things to do; long sleeping hours would be a precious remembrance these days.
"Wake up. We got to meet Lancer and his Master in the kitchen. Answering any possible questions: no, they are not there. But you could refrain from being late at least once in your life."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 08:39:58 am »

Kira moaned as the ground shook beneath her, albeit to only tease Archer. "Alright, I'm up. I'm up. Just give me...five minutes and I'll head down with you." While her rest was adequate, her dreams were blank and filled with non sequiturs about the fortnight.

In truth, she had awoken earlier before this, thinking about what would happen in the later hours. Trying and failing to return to her restful slumber, it was the only thing she could do: wonder if this war is worth it.

She sat up and rubbed off the remnants of her sleep away and peered out the window. It was a bright, sunny day - the only reminder of Winter was through the temperature, one which she fixed by pulling up her coat from the bedside while moving out of the room and towards their meeting place - the kitchen.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »

Archer leaves as silently as he had entered the room, slipping out the bedroom and into the hall, subsequently waiting for his master to finish her preparations and following her afterwards.
"I suppose their night has been more productive than ours. We did not gather any information and I could not search for weaker Servants due to my state. There is little I could actually do at the moment..."

Archer looked through the windows as they moved to the kitchen.
"We are leaving to scout the town today during the day. Knowing at least the bases of operations of some of our enemies is extremely important. Even the difference between ambushing and being ambushed lies within our success in gathering such kind of information."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2012, 12:56:30 am »

Lancer was waiting, nearby where his master was sleeping. Simply because he had nothing better to do. Various thoughts ran through his head, some strategy, some remembrance of his life, some simply wondering about the Grail War. The thoughts on his Master were... ambivalent. For one, his master was professional, confident, knowledgeable and skilled. On the other hand, he was cold, single-minded and seemingly ruthless. A true Magus, to be sure, but a good Master? Yet to be seen.

He glanced at his master, who was beginning to stir. "Awake, Master?" He said in a sarcastic, bored tone. There wasn't much for Servants to do while their Masters slept. Rahul was still waking up, so he didn't expect an immediate response. He walked over to the door and opened it, readying to go down and meet with Archer and his master.

What more do you need?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 06:04:41 am »

Rahul Stretched and pulled himself out of bed. It seemed a common curse for good magi to be horrible morning people. Lancer had already gone downstairs, being impatient and easily bored, Rahul will have to find his servant some books or a video game or something. Boredom can lead to lax mental fatigue, and he would need his servant at top form when the battles begin.

He dressed quickly, and headed downstairs to join Kira in breakfast, planning a series of traps he would set up today in his head.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 07:20:43 am »

Archer sighs as Lancer and his Master finally join them in the kitchen. As a Servant, he had not eaten anything, and could not care less about what his Master had been eating. He had not detected poison in anything so far.
"Well, since we are all here now..." His eyes narrowed. "I suppose we can share information."

Archer crosses his arms at over his chest and continues.
"Unfortunately, our search did not bear any information aside from the fact the Masters seem cautious. Kira could not track any Master, although part of that comes from the fact her somewhat abilities are lacking. From my advantage point I could see a good deal of the town and even then I saw no Master and Servant other than you two moving through its streets."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:07:14 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 05:08:59 am »

Rahul sat at the table picking lightly at the western style breakfast he had made for himself and Kira if she wanted it.
"It seems most of the other Masters are biding their time in hiding."
The man dabbed at his lips with the corner of a cloth napkin.
"Unfortunately, there is as least one other competent magi among them. We encountered a familiar out scouting, so one magi, or perhaps Caster knows of us, while we still have no information on them."
He steeples his fingertips together and leans over the table after replacing his silverware and pushing the empty plate to the side.
"We have two courses of action as I see it. First, we stay on guard and make sure both servants and masters are well rested for any attack that may come. Or second, we bait the enemy into attacking us where we want it, under our terms."
Rahul looked at Kira, then sighed and turned to Archer.
"Do you find that acceptable?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:15:17 am by Haika »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 07:46:11 am »

Archer raises his head slightly to gaze back at Lancer's Master, his eyes mere slits as he starts to talk.
"Hiding and staying on guard for too long is exceedingly dangerous. If we do not take any actions, the city whole can be filled with magical traps or otherwise turned into the playground of a particularly intelligent magus" - he stops for a moment, as if considering something before resuming - "or Caster, of course."

The knight of the bow turns his head slightly and shifts his eyes towards the town beyond the property which had once been his.
"Another problem that may have occurred to you is the weakness of a magus' body. Both you and my Master are still humans, and prioritizing the nighttime as our time for action will not work very well in a time we lack information. We should search the town today, during the day. It is a good opportunity for you to set up any boundary fields you think necessary with a lower risk of being attacked by our adversaries, and while we have no knowledge about the other Masters' bases of operations, this manor is obvious enough as one. Battles between Servants are less likely to happen under bright daylight, and as long as Lancer and I are by your side, retreating would be just a matter of a blink of an eye. Very few Servants would be able to keep up to Archer and Lancer in matter of speed, and an intelligent use of our speed would cause the enemies to think twice before destroying part of the town trying to chase us and attracting attention from the Church and the Magi Association."

His eyes start to constantly shift their gaze as he stares outside, as if he happened to be trying to scan the town from the spot he was standing on.
"Once again, splitting would attract less attention and cover more ground quickly, but..." - his lips form a mischievous smile before he continues - "...We may search the town together today, since I am keeping my Master for myself during the night. Who am I to deny whatever little enjoyment you may get from this event, especially during such times? We should leave now if that plan of action is to be undertaken."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:49:38 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:28 am »

Upon watching a bird flying over the city, Archer makes up his mind.
"Well, since you still do not seem to be prepared, I guess you may find us later or simply do what you originally wanted to do." He says before picking up Kira under his arm yet again.

He smirks and turns his back to Lancer's Master, his own Master wrapped by his arm like a featherweight luggage he was already used to hauling around.
"Well, if we do not happen to find each other, we may communicate through the portable phones."

Without any more notice, Archer disappeared in a blur, cloaking his presence and moving nimbly outside and towards the historical district, avoiding staying in the line of sight of any of the common folk and finally letting Kira go in an alley near a district with an assortment of stores, pawn shops and the like, subsequently getting into spirit form.
"I hope you have pushed away all the last remnants of sleep, because we have things to do."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 09:38:56 am »

Kira brushed off the debris that clung to her clothing as she surveyed the scene. "I'm wide awake now, and thanks for the warning. I was just about to finish up."

She took a few steps around to check the signs of civilization before turning back to face her Servant. "I agree with your plan, but what makes you think we'll find them here, in a populated city, at day?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5