Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about castes and stuff  (Read 524 times)

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about castes and stuff
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:05 pm »

Hi folks, im new to modding(really new, tried it yesterday for very first time  :o), but there is a thing i could not figure:
I have a civ of creatures with multiple castes. Is there a way to make SOME castes not intelligent, and thus, not citizen of this civ, but rather, a stray animal?
This day going to be perfect!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Question about castes and stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:23:06 pm »

You could make some castes not intelligent, and they would be stray, but they wouldn't be an animal.

Put [INTELLIGENT] in some castes but not others.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:28:18 pm »

Mmm, ill get to the point. I want to create a crtr with multiple castes, one(well, two, for genders) is normal intelligent being, and other one(two) - an animal to be butchered, herded, but able to give birth to higher caste.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:30:24 pm »

Ah. That could be done through a method Meph provided me:

Quote from: Meph
The Solution: Make a pet creature. Has 3 castes. Male, Female and Slave. Male pop ratio is 1, female pop ratio is 1, slave pop ratio is 10000. Make male/female caste a pet. You can now buy a pet that only gives birth to NON-PET creatures. These still do no work though. Give the Slave-Caste creature that gets born a secretions with a transformation syndrome, that transforms them into a dwarf. Slave gets born, gets transformed into slave-caste dwarf. And DONE, you have a working slave. This is so far the only solution i found.

Just replace "slave" with "higher caste" and there you go.

The problem is that the main civ creature can't be butchered under any circumstances--even if you can butcher sentients, you can't butcher dwarves, so to speak.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 11:37:41 pm »

Im talking about warhammer orks btw, squigs and stuff. Are you saying that i can have an orky caste "squig" that transforms into creature squig.... that have a squigy caste "ork", that transform into creature "ork"? Will it do the trick?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:42:51 pm »

If you want some orks to be born as squigs and vice-versa, then yes, exactly that.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »

Thanks a lot, this will help. Now to wiki for this fancy syndrome stuff..