Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode question on avoiding lair lag  (Read 306 times)

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode question on avoiding lair lag
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:00:00 pm »

Hey-  so, when I'm playing adventure mode, one of my favorite things to do is move into the lair of some vanquished foe and set up shop, butchering animals and making a cozy little home.  I'm playing with the wanderer's friend mod, so I like to play an outsider and make most of my own equipment (I do keep the copper spear).

Trouble is, once I've kept a lair for a little while I suddenly hit a huge wall of lag.  I would blame it entirely on all the piles of fat, nerve tissue, and uneaten meat, but I think there's more going on- because it sometimes happens before I really start piling up the crap, and often coincides with a rather odd bug which I think has been reported (if it doesn't sound familiar, let me know and I'll file a bug report), in which leather from cave beasts teleports to the surface- presumably because the game is confusing the belongings of cave tribes with the loot that actually belongs on the surface.  Once it happens everything just slows to an absolute crawl, and I simply can't use the lair anymore.

Is there any good advice on avoiding this?  Will genning a world without caverns prevent this from happening?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode question on avoiding lair lag
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:57:55 pm »

the only advice you'll get here is to reduce the no. of items, for the rest, you might want to ask your questions in the mod thread you are using
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.