Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Your world  (Read 6131 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Your world
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:35:40 am »

What we're doing here is making a world. From scratch. All the way up hopefully. At the start, there's just a few god's, played by you, but as more roles are available, more people can take part.

Rules Vague Guidlines:
For the first round, there are 4 gods, of earth, fire, water and air. Apply first, the I'll start us off. This round you get 3 'minor' actions - note inverted commas - this is world creation: ie. creating rivers ; and 1 'major' action; ie. splitting the world in two, creating sentient life from nothing etc. You can take these in any order, and you don't have to take them all at once.

STAY IN CHARACTER - for this bit there's only a few of you so you'll be writing you're own sections. Try to write it well, not like, I made a few rivers, added some fish etc.. but more like
Urist (god of earth)was angered by his brother's (god of water) sundering of the land. Growing spiteful in his wrath, he caused great pillars of stone to rise from the earth and drain from the rivers. Rohl (god of fire) revelling in this chaos, took in his hand the warmth of a spark and instilled it into these columns, granting them the basest form of life. So were born the first trees.
And try not to ruin it for others - don't destroy something they made, don't just copy life - cause I'm sure I've seen those humans around somewhere before...

Anyway. I'm looking for a god of fire, earth, water, and air. Supply names. Multiple applications will be decided based on awesomeness/coin toss.

Pending more places:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Open places:

Gods:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:24:31 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Your world
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 05:48:23 am »

Can I change my role later on? Example actions below.

Infurix, The Bird of Flame.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 05:57:18 am »

Depends. This will probably be quite story driven, so if I can't find a way to fit it in probably not.
However, when mortals are introduced, gods will be weakened for balancing, and that means you can probably change.

Also, the gods don't technically have any need for a form at this point. You can have one, but it isn't actually neccessary.

Also also, the first round hasn't started, as I'll probably be doin a short intro once we have the places. Sorry. Just saw 'example'.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:59:27 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 06:02:10 am »

Can I join?  This is just a reserve.  I'll think of something later. 

Edit: Okay, my name will be Nix, god of water.

That is, if you accept me. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 06:02:52 am »

List added to original post.

Sigtext

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:40 am »

Trixie, Goddess of Earth

"Wheeeee! Imma Goddess! Yay for Goddesses! Happy, happy, joy, joy...happy, happy...oh. All this void is pretty dull. I bet it would be so much more interesting if there was stuff in it! Hey, void?"

"Yes?" Void replied.

"Imma make stuff! Izzat ok with you?" Trixie's cheerfully hopeful look nuzzled its way into the heart of void in a way that was difficult to ignore.

"Umm, sure, Trixie."

"Yay! Stuff! Stuff! Stuff!!!" Trixie gleefully bounded around, causing there be be substance amidst nothingness. "Stuffsies!!! Yay for stuffsies!"

And thus, Trixie created the earth.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:46:41 am »

Lol. Why not? Insane goddess, check.

Sigtext

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:49:58 am »

I love how every single god's name has an x in it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:46 am »

X's are awesome.
I mean, think of all those awesome x words, like... erm... xylophone!  :P

On a slightly different note, I now have a horrible feeling this world will become populated by sentient ponies...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:56:25 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 07:03:53 am »

On a slightly different note, I now have a horrible feeling this world will become populated by sentient ponies...
Stop tempting me to play.

Too late. SILLY THINGS APPROACHING.

Hakarax, Lord of Air

The White Serpent did writhe His coils, and did roll His eyes, and did open His jaws, and did extend His tongue, and did emit Laughter of the Heavens, for He in His infinite Wisdom had gifted the world a Thought of the utmost Clarity:

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! I just had the best idea: Guacamole-folk! WAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

Thus did he speak, and thus did it not yet come to pass, for the Wisdoms of the Lord of Air were infinite and Unbound, such that the world alas cannot hold them all.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:12:50 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 07:20:15 am »

...in the beginning...

Trixie, Goddess of Earth

"Imma make a planet...Imma make a planet! Yay for planets!"

But Trixie's reverie was interupted by an unexpected silence. The silence persisted. The Void knew from previous experience that Trixie being quiet was usually a bad sign, and while Void could not be certain, it appeared that Trixie was squinting at a fixed point amidst the void.

"Trixie? Void inquired. "Trixie? Is everything ok?"

Silence reigned for a few worrying moments longer. And then...

OH!!!!! I KNOW!!! I KNOW JUST THE THING IT WILL BE SO AWESOME YES! YES! YES! YES!!!

Amidst the emptiness of the void three small blobs of substance began to take form.

"Hey! Those aren't blobs! They're stuffsies! Be nice!"

Umm. Right. (Is Trixie allowed to talk to the narrator?)

"Imma Goddess! I can do what I want! Hmph. And I want to create two cubes and a ball of stuffsies. There. Done."

Where once had been nothing, two planetary bodies stuffsies had taken shape. Curiously, they were cubical rather rather spherical. And in the middle between them, a small spherical moon.

"That's Bob."

...umm, right. "Bob" the central moon. Orbiting around Bob were two larger planets stuffsies.

"Snuggles and Love. They orbit around Bob 'cuz Bob is nice."

Trixie?

"Yes, Mr. Narrator?"

Why are there two planets orbiting a central moon? Doesn't that make them not planets and moons? Kind of by definition, since there are two satellites orbiting one central body? Wouldn't that make Bob the planet and Snuggles and Love its moons?

"Silly narrator! I told you those weren't planets or moons. They're stuffsies! Yay for stuffsies! Here, I'll upload an image so everyone knows what the world looks like."

And with that, Trixie slept.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 07:25:10 am »

And if everyone's ready, here's intro backstory (ninja'd)

In the beginning, there was only the void containing all elements equally. And in the void, there were gods.
And so it came to pass that four gods, all siblings, each with their own elements, were born into this void, and were dismayed by it's emptiness.
This is how they came to make the first world, and this is how their story begins...

Feel free to carry on shaping then, and please try to remain vaguely within the limits of sanity.
And try to limit narator discussion please?

Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 07:37:43 am »

Hakarax, Lord of Air

Hakarax slowly spun about, ever-coiling as though rotating a few degrees more to the left might grant him a better view. His sister's brashness had unbalanced him, and he knew not what to make of this... new development.

"Perhaps," he said, "I might cut off the corners of one cube, and arrange them into moons about the new shape?

But no, for the ruination of Trixie's cubes might distress her, and make the world unbalanced in any case."

"Perhaps," he continued, "I might create my own works elsewhere?

But no, this seems as the center of the universe now, and surely my efforts could be better spent than trying to shift the focus of all creation."

"Perhaps," he carried on, "I could simply expand Bob into something more suitable.

But no, Bob is a silly name."

"It seems," he finished, "that BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

And with that, he did spew breathable air about Love, Snuggles, Bob, and all else that was creation, that all living things, when they eventually came to pass, might be able to breathe in space.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:01 am »

And with that, he did spew breathable air about Love, Snuggles, Bob, and all else that was creation
sigged.

Sigtext

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 08:38:19 am »

Damn. Waitlist me.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5