Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition  (Read 34388 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »

Posting to watch, and to be waitlisted.  Extreme liberal, why not?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2012, 11:39:24 pm »

Posting to watch, and to be waitlisted.  Extreme liberal, why not?

Nothing good can come out of this. And by nothing good I mean amazing things.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »

((Repurpose weaponized vegetables as emergency food stuffs.  What could possibly go wrong?))

I can't wait.

EDIT: to clarify, I know I don't get an action yet, I'm just being silly, and eagerly awaiting my turn to make a mess of things.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:40:56 am by CatalystParadox »

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:03 pm »

Repurpose emergency foodstuffs as nuclear weaponry.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »

Sorry for the delay...

Well, that was a close one. Hopefully I still have hair so whoever steps out of the sphere doesnt assume we are all slightly scorched.

Find a small stick - first contact will require some "squiggles in the sand" for initial communiciations unless they have some kind of hypertranslator
This is a blank sig.

Praecordia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2012, 08:05:16 pm »

Oh god. This is amazing in ways that I didn't know existed.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2012, 09:11:28 pm »

Damnit now nuclear vegetables are going to be a theme throughout this RtD. That means I'm going to be more of a bastard to you guys, with ECONOMICS!

Turn coming soon. I bet you guys are all itching to find out what's inside that sphere. Except for those trying to nuke it. Which is most of you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2012, 09:21:32 pm »

Damnit now nuclear vegetables are going to be a theme throughout this RtD. That means I'm going to be more of a bastard to you guys, with ECONOMICS!

Turn coming soon. I bet you guys are all itching to find out what's inside that sphere. Except for those trying to nuke it. Which is most of you.
I'm just throwing cheese. NORMAL cheese, I might add.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2012, 09:23:42 pm »

I'm just throwing cheese. NORMAL cheese, I might add.
Do not forget the "yay" guy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:11 pm »

Actually, he's failing at throwing cheese because THIS IS STUPID.

Turn 8

Well that was an unlucky role.  Running out of options...did you mean by the best team, you meant Ripley, Samus, the Doctor?

Authorize an unmanned drone to take a look at the thing.  If it knocks out electrical devices, send a particularly brave operative ( from any government organization ) to spy on it, and report back a detailed summary of the thing.

2+1=3: The drone drops to the ground when it gets 100 feet from the thing. Unfortunately, you can't find any brave operatives, so you decide to go look at the thing yourself.

THROW THE CHEESE! As a peace offering, of course.

5+1=6: You throw the cheese. When it is about to hit the thing, the thing flashes brightly and absorbs it. You hear a faint clicking sound from inside it.

Make the VEGETABLE SQUAD! Get the most creative and physically strong chefs around America to assemble. Equip them with down-sized versions of the cabbage guns, rocket launchers that fire out potatoes, and tomato bombs.

5+1=6: You now have an army of chefs with ridiculous food-based weapons. Their most prized weapon is the pumpkin cannon. You turn around for a moment, and they disappear. What pumpkin cannon?

Oh, and everybody else is gone, too. It's just the 5 politicians outside, and Imakuni and the "experts" in the bunker.

Spooky.

"Well... Erm... Anybody have any ideas on what to do about this whole alien thing?"

No Roll:

KILL THEM ALL!

AND THE EGGS!

We can't just kill them! That would be wrong! They haven't done anything to us! We could learn so much from them!

They could be so useful to us. I'm not saying they'll explain all of life's mysteries... but they'll explain all of life's mysteries.

That was exactly as helpful as you expected it to be. You're still stuck in the bunker, and your head still hurts.

Repurpose emergency foodstuffs as nuclear weaponry.

1+2=3: You repurpose the nuclear foodstuffs as emergency weaponry. Wait, what?

Sorry for the delay...

Well, that was a close one. Hopefully I still have hair so whoever steps out of the sphere doesnt assume we are all slightly scorched.

Find a small stick - first contact will require some "squiggles in the sand" for initial communiciations unless they have some kind of hypertranslator

4+2=6: You find a large stick. You also decide to speak softly to whatever comes out of the sphere.

The clicking grows louder as a slice of the sphere starts to lower. It becomes a handy ramp, which the aliens can use to descend onto Earth from. Wait, ALIENS?

CALLED IT!

Spoiler: ALIENS! (click to show/hide)

The aliens speak to the 5 politicians gathered around.

Quote from: Aliens
Greetings. We do not have much time, so let us skip the pleasantries. We are running from a group that seeks to destroy us. Your planet would be the ideal hiding place. Allow us to live here and hide, and we will repay you with all that we can offer. Will you accept our request?

1.5 hours remain...

Voting round! The 5 of you (everyone but Imakuni) discuss amongst yourselves the situation. You have 2 days (from this post) to place your vote. Voting works just like declaring an action. You can change your vote as much as you like, but whatever your vote is when I count them is what it will be for the next turn. This period will still count as 1 turn (30 in-game minutes).

Spoiler: Stuff about this turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:42:15 pm by Mego »

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:43 pm »

Ask Sergio to share the strange technology that allows him to view outside events whilst being stuck in a bunker.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2012, 11:14:35 pm »

Find out what they can offer befroe commiting either way...

To be fair, the fact they are actually asking is a good thing, instead of just taking. So lets be nice...
This is a blank sig.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2012, 11:38:52 pm »

Damnit Janet! I have already made my intentions clear! Didn't they listen to the broadcast?!
Listen up aliens and listen up good! This planet is currently taken! Go away now, and conflict will be averted. However, continue what you are doing and we will take it as a direct attack to America, God bless it.
AN ATTACK TO AMERICA WILL NOT STAND!

FIRE TH-
Oh wait, the potatoes are gone.

FIRE OUT SA-
Oh wait, she's stuck in a bunker.

DAMNIT PEOPLE! YOU MAKE KILLING THINGS SO HARD!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2012, 03:06:44 am »

See what the aliens are willing to exchange in...exchange for asylum on our planet. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12