Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition  (Read 34369 times)

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2012, 03:36:36 pm »

While everyone else cowers away from the greatest moment in recorded history, arrange a reception/first contact meeting group to be near where the energy ball thingy will be landing.

I think I'm the only one cowering, everybody else is shooting at it with assorted vegetables.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2012, 03:42:50 pm »

Then an impromptu salad party will be easy to impovise!
This is a blank sig.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2012, 04:01:06 pm »

HOLY SHIT. SIGN ME UP FOR THE ROLE OF WHOEVER DIES FIRST.
EDIT: Also, dafuq did I just read?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »

EDIT: Also, dafuq did I just read?

Yep, it's going perfectly.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2012, 02:27:53 am »

Create a special squad of super-elite soldiers, the best of the best, drawing from every aspect of the U.S. military spec ops.  They must all be at least proficient in all forms of modern-day combat, strategy and tactics, all types of vehicles, electronics, mechanics, survival skills, and will be briefed on EVERYTHING we know ( so far ) about aliens.  These men and women will become the most effective, self sufficient special forces squad in history.  If they can be gathered together quickly, have them posted near the touchdown site, hidden, and with sniper rifles and anti-tank weapons ready.

They shall be called...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2012, 08:50:06 am »

Create a special squad of super-elite soldiers, the best of the best, drawing from every aspect of the U.S. military spec ops.  They must all be at least proficient in all forms of modern-day combat, strategy and tactics, all types of vehicles, electronics, mechanics, survival skills, and will be briefed on EVERYTHING we know ( so far ) about aliens.  These men and women will become the most effective, self sufficient special forces squad in history.  If they can be gathered together quickly, have them posted near the touchdown site, hidden, and with sniper rifles and anti-tank weapons ready.

They shall be called...

I was thinking G.I. Joe. Turn this afternoon (so, in about 3-4 hours).

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »

They shall be called...

I was thinking G.I. Joe. Turn this afternoon (so, in about 3-4 hours).
If they're holding true to X-Com tradition they need a minimum 90% casualty rate.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:07 pm »

So, I'm back from accidentally'ing my hard drive. Writing the turn now.

Turn 7!

Damnit man! The potatoes aren't working! Fire the cabbage mini-guns!
Start producing anti-air cabbage mini-guns!

6+1=7: You order the factories to produce cabbage mini-guns. They give you rapid-fire cabbage cannons that fire cabbage missiles with nuclear warheads. You fire them all. They fly straight at the bright ball and...

Disappear. What?

The ball is bigger, brighter, and moving faster now. The Russians are even more pissed off. You didn't think that was possible.

Damn, okay then, upgrade potatoes with rocket propulsion systems and nuclear warheads!

5+2=7: OH JESUS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Unfortunately, in test launches of non-nuclear potatoes, it has been proven that rocket-powered potatoes do not, in fact, fly. They shoot up in the air, and then fall straight back down. You wisely decide not to fire them.

In other news, people from Idaho are rioting, and the Irish government is calling the United States military, trying to buy weapons.

Continue to blast the comet with music! Then, PREPARE THE LEGIONS TO THROW THE CHEESE. Don't forget one guy to yell "yay"

3-1=2:

Well, we've managed to piss off the aliens AND the Russians. We have no clue what that meteor thing is going to do, so there is really only one sane thing that we can do.

Send one more message to the news networks, advising citizens to get into bomb shelters. Then, lock myself and any other important people who decide to come along (such as the president, if anybody has any clue where he ran off to) in the White House bomb shelter.

6+1=7: You send one more message to the news networks, telling everyone to go hide. And then another. And another. And another. And, with each message you send, you flip out more.

You manage to get in one last message before the White House Press Secretary starts strangling you.

"EVERYONE GET TO THE CHOPPAH I MEAN SHELTERS"

You lock yourself and the alien experts into the White House bomb shelter. You realize that probably wasn't a good idea, since they were your key to understanding what the aliens were when they come. Unfortunately, the shelter has a time-controlled lock, and cannot be opened for one hour.

You're going to miss the Fire in the Sky coming down. That might not be such a bad thing.

While everyone else cowers away from the greatest moment in recorded history, arrange a reception/first contact meeting group to be near where the energy ball thingy will be landing.

2+2=4: You stand right where where the energy ball thingy is going to land. You can feel the energy radiating off of OH GOD IT BURNS!

They shall be called...

1+1=2: You realize you already have the best team that can be assembled. Unfortunately, they're locked in a bomb shelter.

The Fire in the Sky rapidly approaches. Just before the intense heat kills all life forms in a 100-mile radius, it transforms into a perfectly-round metallic ball, about 20 feet in diameter, and touches down slowly.

All of the White House staff seems to have disappeared, along with the rest of Congress. All of the television sets are showing static. It's eerily quiet... Well, except from the blasts coming from the bomb shelter door, as Samus tries to open it the only way she knows how. It only succeeds in giving everyone in the shelter really bad headaches.

2 hours remain...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:17:15 pm by Mego »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2012, 10:23:24 pm »

Well that was an unlucky role.  Running out of options...did you mean by the best team, you meant Ripley, Samus, the Doctor?

Authorize an unmanned drone to take a look at the thing.  If it knocks out electrical devices, send a particularly brave operative ( from any government organization ) to spy on it, and report back a detailed summary of the thing.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »

Ripley, Samus, the Doctor, and the crazy guy from the History Channel.

Oh and I guess you guys too maybe.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:36 pm »

THROW THE CHEESE! As a peace offering, of course.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »

Ripley, Samus, the Doctor, and the crazy guy from the History Channel.

Oh and I guess you guys too maybe.

We're politicians...crazy, ambitious politicians who seem to be able to break laws, commandments and even reality to get what we want.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2012, 10:34:49 pm »

Make the VEGETABLE SQUAD! Get the most creative and physically strong chefs around America to assemble. Equip them with down-sized versions of the cabbage guns, rocket launchers that fire out potatoes, and tomato bombs.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2012, 10:42:19 pm »

Make the VEGETABLE SQUAD! Get the most creative and physically strong chefs around America to assemble. Equip them with down-sized versions of the cabbage guns, rocket launchers that fire out potatoes, and tomato bombs.

I am going to go make a waitlist now so that I can kill you and Noodlerex off and not feel so bad about it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Waitlist added. Note the note at the top of the note that is the waitlist.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:46:49 pm by Mego »

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:41 pm »

"Well... Erm... Anybody have any ideas on what to do about this whole alien thing?"
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12