Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition  (Read 34360 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 07:08:49 am »

Ah, good. But you forgot about the potatoes!
Fire the potatoes!

I never thought I'd see this in an RtD. I'm not really sure why I didn't expect it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 08:31:31 am »

Try again and beam music to the comet! Convert it to liberalism with guitar!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 12:04:53 pm »

Why am I such a failure at everything I do.  :'(

Write a statement for the various news networks, telling citizens that there is nothing to be afraid of, and that there DEFINITELY isn't an alien attack going on right now.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 06:08:04 pm »

You people and your quickness to post actions... I'll write up the turn soon.

I'm also going to do the standard group-action thing with borno and Noodlerex, taking the better roll as their action, since they essentially posted the same action.

Rolls, in order from best to worst:

Anything over 6
Anything under 1
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:10:01 pm by Mego »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 06:11:44 pm »

Totally watching this! I might learn something about enemy US culture and politics from this :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »

Turn 6!

Well, its clearly not a comet. Watever it is, its powerful, and if we treat it like a threat it will treat us like a threat. Oh shii.... are those missiles heading at it?

Erm, has anyone allowed for relatavistic effects (time dilation) in these messages? I assume the incoming visitors are travelling pretty damn fast.

Action: Get NASA to swing as many of our orbital scopes at the "comet" to see what it actually is. If possible, also try and observe the region of space in the direction the Visitors are arriving from so we can get some idea of what to expect.

3+2=5: To answer your question, NASA scientists understand special relativity. The scopes swing at the "comet" and provide live video feed to the monitors in the NASA Mobile Command Center, which has parked in front of Capitol Hill. It appears to be completely made out of energy, with no mass at all. It's also incredibly bright. Judging from its trajectory, it would have had to come straight through Mars, Neptune, and numerous large asteroids to get to Earth at its current speed. What is going on?

Have a joint hush-hush meeting between the top generals ( including the secretaries of the specific branches ) and the scientists of NASA to formulate hypothetical battle plans.  The scenario in mind is an alien race twice as powerful as us technologically, but similar to humans in durability and strength. 

Run the sim, and show the results.

3+1=4: Without knowing exactly what the aliens are or what they are capable of, much guessing has to be made. The fact that they are capable of sending messages across space that we are capable of decoding and understanding means that they are incredibly advanced in technology. The simulations say we have a 2% chance of winning a war against them with our current level of technology and military power.

Ah, good. But you forgot about the potatoes!
Fire the potatoes!
ALL OF THEM!!!!!

3+2=4+1=5: The spuds are launched into the air! They fly incredibly far and incredibly fast, but fail to exit the atmosphere. A few minutes later, reports come in that flaming potatoes are raining down on Russia. That's probably not helping the situation.

Try again and beam music to the comet! Convert it to liberalism with guitar!

4+1=5: You try to beam The Greatest Song in the World to the comet, but forget where you saved it. So, you beam this pretty awesome Tribute instead.

Why am I such a failure at everything I do.  :'(

Write a statement for the various news networks, telling citizens that there is nothing to be afraid of, and that there DEFINITELY isn't an alien attack going on right now.

5+1=6: "Attention, America. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. We have the situation under control. There are no extra-terrestrials coming to visit our planet. It's just a very bright meteorite that will make a spectacular meteor shower tonight."

The riots stop in the streets as masses of people go to buy telescopes. The stores run out, and more rioting starts. Go figure.

The Fire in the Sky, as several news stations have taken to calling it, continues to grow larger. As it approaches, it begins to... change. The change can't really be described. It just seems different somehow. Anyway, the scientists predict it will touch down sometime within the hour.

2.5 hours remain...

Totally watching this! I might learn something about enemy US culture and politics from this :P

Doubtful. Learning something from me? Inconceivable.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2012, 06:52:28 pm »

Damnit man! The potatoes aren't working! Fire the cabbage mini-guns!
Start producing anti-air cabbage mini-guns!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »

Damnit man! The potatoes aren't working! Fire the cabbage mini-guns!
Start producing anti-air cabbage mini-guns!

I seriously can't tell if you're roleplaying as a Republican or if you're just being silly.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2012, 08:03:52 pm »

I seriously can't tell if you're roleplaying as a Republican or if you're just being silly.
...Is there a difference?

The other side is playing democrats liberals and they are also not exactly the brightest kids around.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:05:24 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »

Damn, okay then, upgrade potatoes with rocket propulsion systems and nuclear warheads!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2012, 08:50:09 pm »

The liberals are trying to convert the aliens to rock and roll. The conservatives are trying to blow them up with nuclear potatoes.

On second thought, those are pretty similar.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2012, 08:55:25 pm »

Continue to blast the comet with music! Then, PREPARE THE LEGIONS TO THROW THE CHEESE. Don't forget one guy to yell "yay"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2012, 09:13:05 pm »

Well, we've managed to piss off the aliens AND the Russians. We have no clue what that meteor thing is going to do, so there is really only one sane thing that we can do.

Send one more message to the news networks, advising citizens to get into bomb shelters. Then, lock myself and any other important people who decide to come along (such as the president, if anybody has any clue where he ran off to) in the White House bomb shelter.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:14:48 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »

Well, we've managed to piss off the aliens AND the Russians. We have no clue what that meteor thing is going to do, so there is really only one sane thing that we can do.

Send one more message to the news networks, advising citizens to get into bomb shelters. Then, lock myself and any other important people who decide to come along (such as the president, if anybody has any clue where he ran off to) in the White House bomb shelter.

Hey look, someone noticed that he is missing.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2012, 03:25:06 am »

While everyone else cowers away from the greatest moment in recorded history, arrange a reception/first contact meeting group to be near where the energy ball thingy will be landing.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12