Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition  (Read 34356 times)

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

I've done one roll and I like how this is turning out already. Turn up soon.

Mine, I'm assuming, since I was the first to post my turn.

I'm not sure what to think about this. ???

DISREGARD.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:09:35 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 07:10:12 pm »

Damnit! They have pumpkins of mass destruction, start the extra large potato cannon production immediately.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36:11 pm »

I just realized I forgot the after-action update in the turn. Editing...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 11:00:18 pm »

Beam radio waves to the Comet, try and contact it!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

Fire all missiles at the comet!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 02:46:40 am »

Have a satellite observe the comet.  Ask scientists at NASA if it has anything to do with the aliens.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 03:28:19 am »

the President calls you, asking why you sent 27,365,163 files to outer space.

You never tried chatting up women on the internet sir? Even one sent back in return could change the world!
Contact NASA. Ask if a comet was expected any time soon, and if not, get them to identify this one - is one missing from somewhere else? Or is this just a large meteor or lump of space junk?
This is a blank sig.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 06:05:05 pm »

Contact nations allied to us. Tell them not to be alarmed by the comet, we've got this, but that they may want to prepare militarily in case it is necessary. Do not mention aliens yet.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »

Hey guys, I worked late today, and I'm sleepy. So, you'll get Turn 5 tomorrow evening.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:27 pm »

I promised you Turn 5 this evening, so Turn 5 you will get!

Turn 5!

Damnit! They have pumpkins of mass destruction, start the extra large potato cannon production immediately.

4+2=6: The military's factories start mass-producing extra-large potato cannons. What the hell?

Have a satellite observe the comet.  Ask scientists at NASA if it has anything to do with the aliens.

4-1=3: A satellite observes the comet. Woo. Perhaps you should watch the feed if you want more information. Also, the scientists are all too busy talking amongst themselves to answer your question.

Contact nations allied to us. Tell them not to be alarmed by the comet, we've got this, but that they may want to prepare militarily in case it is necessary. Do not mention aliens yet.

2-1=1: "HEY ENGLAND AND FRANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER COUNTRIES THERE'S ALIENS COMING!"

You never tried chatting up women on the internet sir? Even one sent back in return could change the world!
Contact NASA. Ask if a comet was expected any time soon, and if not, get them to identify this one - is one missing from somewhere else? Or is this just a large meteor or lump of space junk?

3+2=5: The scientist that was previously tapping furiously on his phone looks up with a worried expression. "This... this shouldn't be here. Comets don't just appear out of nowhere like this. I'm not even convinced this is a comet. It doesn't look like anything we've ever observed. It's moving way too fast!"

Beam radio waves to the Comet, try and contact it!

2+1=3: You shoot some radio waves at the comet. Strangely, nothing bounces back.

Fire all missiles at the comet!

5+1=6: You order all of the country's missiles to be fired at the comet. For whatever reason, you are able to make this order, insteading of the President. Wait, where is the President? Oh well. The missiles are fired, including those in Samus's tank. As they're firing, you remember back to college, when you saw a movie about America accidentally firing missiles into space, and Russia responding with massive retaliation.

...wait. Doesn't Russia claim to have a mutually-assured destruction system?

Well shit.

The bright comet in the sky grows brighter and larger with each passing minute. One of the NASA scientists predicts that it will arrive in 1 hour.

But, the aliens aren't due for another 3 hours. What is going on? People start rioting in the streets out of fear and confusion. The thousands of missiles flying into outer space don't help much, nor does the mass production of extra-large potato cannons.

3 hours remain...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32:17 pm »

Posting to watch. Come on Noodlerex, don't let me down here. Suffer not the Xenos to live, X-COM defeats the Alien Menace and all that jazz.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 04:01:38 am »

Well, its clearly not a comet. Watever it is, its powerful, and if we treat it like a threat it will treat us like a threat. Oh shii.... are those missiles heading at it?

Erm, has anyone allowed for relatavistic effects (time dilation) in these messages? I assume the incoming visitors are travelling pretty damn fast.

Action: Get NASA to swing as many of our orbital scopes at the "comet" to see what it actually is. If possible, also try and observe the region of space in the direction the Visitors are arriving from so we can get some idea of what to expect.
This is a blank sig.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 04:28:01 am »

Have a joint hush-hush meeting between the top generals ( including the secretaries of the specific branches ) and the scientists of NASA to formulate hypothetical battle plans.  The scenario in mind is an alien race twice as powerful as us technologically, but similar to humans in durability and strength. 

Run the sim, and show the results.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 05:30:17 am »

Ah, good. But you forgot about the potatoes!
Fire the potatoes!

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2012, 05:31:52 am »

Ah, good. But you forgot about the potatoes!
Fire the potatoes!
ALL OF THEM!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12