Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: StarForge, Anyone tried it?  (Read 45200 times)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarForge, Anyone tried it?
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2013, 04:38:06 pm »

It's on Steam now!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227680/

Anybody know what's already in the alpha version?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2013, 05:17:42 pm »

Well fromt he link you just gave us a bit lower in the description it shows whats in and whats in devlopment.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2013, 05:22:52 pm »

I check the video but I have to ask, other then possibly taking place on an alien planet. What is "star" about this exactly?

I keep expecting SPACE!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »

I check the video but I have to ask, other then possibly taking place on an alien planet. What is "star" about this exactly?

I keep expecting SPACE!
I dunno. Maybe the planet is around a star so that qualifies? Maybe they intend to put in a space component. Valid question, I was wondering that myself.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »

Well fromt he link you just gave us a bit lower in the description it shows whats in and whats in devlopment.
It's inconsistent, thats why i'm asking.

Listed as in the alpha:
Procedural 3D Tileset - Build anything you want with our unique 3D Tilesets. You can create cities, towns, villages, bridges, forts, and much more. It is also fully destructible!

Physics Sandbox - We are designing every object in the world to be fully dynamic. This currently includes chopping down trees, resources, turrets, and enemies. It will soon include buildings, vehicles, ropes and much more.

Resources and Economy - There will be many different resources in StarForge.

I can read, you know. I play fucking Dwarf Fortress. I ask what's here now, and in consequence, if its fun.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »

there are user made video on the steam community

http://steamcommunity.com/app/227680/videos

this game looks interesting, but I cannot understand if there is any meat under the fancy graphics.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2013, 02:20:16 pm »

I am going to go with no.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2013, 04:55:18 pm »

So, what is currently in the game?  Edit: Actually, can you just tell me what seems to be the minimum requirements to run the game?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:29:15 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2014, 10:38:54 am »

Allow me to perform necromancy not only on this thread, but also on this game believed to be dead.

I had pretty much given up on it, but a Steam update 2 weeks ago made me start it again, and I've been so happy with what I found, that I want to share.  :)

Big pictures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(The second is taken from 2km below the surface, - and that scale feels correct, - the chasm is HUGE.)

The game still crashes, overheats my computer and has more bugs than Starship Troopers, - but my inner dwarf can forgive anything for caves like this.  :-*

So, I can't currently recommend buying it unless you are very patient and really love open random worlds, - but if you already have it, then I think the latest update makes it worth exploring for a while again.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:31 pm »

Allow me to perform necromancy not only on this thread, but also on this game believed to be dead.

I had pretty much given up on it, but a Steam update 2 weeks ago made me start it again, and I've been so happy with what I found, that I want to share.  :)

Big pictures:
(The second is taken from 2km below the surface, - and that scale feels correct, - the chasm is HUGE.)

The game still crashes, overheats my computer and has more bugs than Starship Troopers, - but my inner dwarf can forgive anything for caves like this.  :-*

So, I can't currently recommend buying it unless you are very patient and really love open random worlds, - but if you already have it, then I think the latest update makes it worth exploring for a while again.
Sweet, having bought that is actually looking worthwhile.
Let's hope that Space Engineers does the same thing, because I wasn't able to get a refund for that complete and utter piece of [Blast-distributed soot where word should be].
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2014, 10:49:12 pm »

This one has been on my want list for a looong time. Still hoping something good comes of it, someday.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2014, 10:52:57 pm »

I could swear we had a topic about starforge not long ago...... ( search didnt came up with anything o.O ), but yeah i had a blast for a good amount of time but it quickly became quite repetitive, it was a long time ago tho so i dont know about latest devlopment
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2014, 11:23:51 pm »

Well. Its in beta now. Not sure how long its been that way, but I've been having fun with it thus far. Although the worms things are scary as hell when they break through the front of your house/cave and roar in your face. Plus, their bodies have a bad tendency to block your way out for a while before they disappear. Although I think that may have been fixed since yesterday as I haven't had that problem today. In any case, its pretty enjoyable and my only problem is trying to figure out where one would find oil.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2014, 12:37:44 am »

I haven't actually figured out how the fuck you're supposed to craft anything in Survival. The crafting station or w/e requires materials which you presumably can't make without... a crafting station.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2014, 04:21:29 am »

I haven't actually figured out how the fuck you're supposed to craft anything in Survival. The crafting station or w/e requires materials which you presumably can't make without... a crafting station.

Indeed.
The 'solution' is to either hunt animals, as they drop unrealistic materials to make up for the lack of a smelter.
Making a quick hit and run on the shipwreck can give a great amount of metals, - a naked starter character can run in, empty a few crates and run out again to heal.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12