Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: StarForge, Anyone tried it?  (Read 45209 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarForge, Anyone tried it?
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2012, 11:53:37 am »

Have you tried waiting? Theres a good 30-60 second loading time before the game starts, and since its pre-alpha there isnt even a loading icon or anything, just a blank black screen.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:17 pm »

Black screen? Strange, I get a white screen.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53:02 am »

Black screen? Strange, I get a white screen.

the white screen is while its loading, black screen is once its loaded it randomly goes black.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2012, 12:23:16 pm »

Planetside 2...
Firefall...
Now StarForge...
18th birthday along with new computer parts, mouse, headphones etc...

Jesus fuck this is the best summer.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:12 am »

Massive necro bump. 
I was playing the 0.1.1 alpha release and after an extremely long time I managed to get to the top of the tree where that glowing is coming from. I'm not sure what I experience there but all I know is that I want more. If it's any indication of how the single-player universe is going to be like then sign me up a million times!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2012, 06:16:59 am »

Massive necro bump. 
I was playing the 0.1.1 alpha release and after an extremely long time I managed to get to the top of the tree where that glowing is coming from. I'm not sure what I experience there but all I know is that I want more. If it's any indication of how the single-player universe is going to be like then sign me up a million times!

Just looking at the video it seems almost like half a game. But a really great game.

But I learned my lesson on banking on potential with a few other games that will likely pack up and go home before they are anywhere close to finished.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2012, 06:24:22 am »

But I learned my lesson on banking on potential with a few other games that will likely pack up and go home before they are anywhere close to finished.
Such as?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2012, 06:41:26 am »

Such as?

I've created enough grief thank you.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2012, 07:59:17 am »

Such as?

It's actually a valid question. I too am wondering what kind of games/projects you have had this experience with.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2012, 08:01:16 am »

It's also based around a Free2Play mechanic so you really don't have to invest a single cent in the product, which in my opinion might be one of the biggest short-comings with the game. I don't know a lot of indie games that can survive off a Free2Play method only, even more so one as "liberal" with it's features as this one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2012, 08:02:39 am »

Such as?

You can answer the question without 'creating grief'. If you think it will derail the thread, answer in PM or something.

If you really don't want to discuss it, that's fine but it seems strange you'd bring it up only to refuse to talk about it. I'm honestly curious.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2012, 01:24:54 pm »

Such as?

You can answer the question without 'creating grief'. If you think it will derail the thread, answer in PM or something.

If you really don't want to discuss it, that's fine but it seems strange you'd bring it up only to refuse to talk about it. I'm honestly curious.

Dude, you can't leave us hanging now.  Back to the game,  I'm considering installing and trying it, but is the thing still a buggy mess? If so, I think I'll pass for now.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Such as?

He's probably talking about Terraria, in which case I agree. Sucks that they just picked up and left.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »

Erm, what? How is Terraria unfinished?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2012, 09:25:58 pm »

[Edit: Deleted, in agreement and respect of some of the other thoughts expressed.]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:36:18 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12