Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: StarForge, Anyone tried it?  (Read 45195 times)

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
Re: StarForge, Anyone tried it?
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:35 am »

This is awesome! Posting to watch, although I disagree with their business plan (I hate having to buy a bunch of little things instead of a complete package) I'll definitely play if the games good enough.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:47 am »

Anyone curious about their business model might gain some insight from this thread...

http://starforgeforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65&sid=752f54aa1ec353e45277444d667ed868

That works for me.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:30 am »

Not just you. Tried to run it on my computer and it's completely unplayable
Anyone know how I can fix this? Also, is there an ingame FPS counter on this thing, or do I need to try FRAPS?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:17 am »

FRAPS.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2012, 07:14:05 am »

Why must there be an F2P discussion in every thread about any free online game on this forum?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:22 am »

Why must there be an F2P discussion in every thread about any free online game on this forum?
Because it is a contentious topic?

FRAPS.
You.. want someone to play and post some videos of the gameplay? I can do that this weekend.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2012, 07:53:23 am »

FRAPS.
You.. want someone to play and post some videos of the gameplay? I can do that this weekend.

Thank you for the offer, but naw, I was only answering his question:

Not just you. Tried to run it on my computer and it's completely unplayable
Anyone know how I can fix this? Also, is there an ingame FPS counter on this thing, or do I need to try FRAPS?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2012, 08:15:28 am »

Ah

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »

I want that track that plays at the end of the video as hes falling :'(

Judging by the credits for the music in the video, it's The Final Countdown by Europe.... except slowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down =p

Just got around to checking this out, and it looks amazing.

Err.. however, I'm not so sure what I think about a persistent world. I would have liked it if people/communities hosted their own servers so they could control stuff better. Oh well.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2012, 12:49:11 am »

Downloaded, unpacked, unplayable.  "Fastest" graphics with smallest resolution looking at the sky, and it still drags worse than...  well I'm sure there's a very poor humor joke I could make here but I'd feel bad saying it.

Regardless, it's a beautiful waste of space.  It seems only half the people can run the game, and those people can't run it extremely well.  Wanna bet the developer(s) made this using an ultra-gaming development rig that no one owns as a home PC?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2012, 04:52:11 am »

Wait what? The game runs perfectly on 'beautiful' on my three-year old Radeon 4850. What are you trying to run it on?

The jump physics are likely the worst in any game I've ever seen. Animations are horrifically bad. Building is primitive (I can't build one box on top of another one? Really?). It is possible to jump into trees. About the only availible feature from the video is that boxes are bound together in interesting ways when placed next to each other. Let's hope the next version will be better...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2012, 08:54:35 am »

Downloaded, unpacked, unplayable.  "Fastest" graphics with smallest resolution looking at the sky, and it still drags worse than...  well I'm sure there's a very poor humor joke I could make here but I'd feel bad saying it.

Regardless, it's a beautiful waste of space.  It seems only half the people can run the game, and those people can't run it extremely well.  Wanna bet the developer(s) made this using an ultra-gaming development rig that no one owns as a home PC?
this...i doubt, my computer is like a year old and runs it just fine(video card being 3-4 years old), entire thing is worth about 1000$ but i would need to tally it up again to see if its worth that much, i seem to get realy good framerates at 1920x1080 and highest graphics settings, overall the game looks interesting, and would be nice to see it do well...but i'm fearful the developer is going to get caught up in the attention and spend more time dealing with press/community then working on the game.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2012, 10:18:14 am »

I have an i7 930 with a 470 Nvidia card. 6 gigs of RAM. Win7. Runs fine.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:17 am »

Anyone who's able to run the game - try changing graphic settings and see if they actually do anything, or if there's just one setting and the slider is broken?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2012, 10:51:00 am »

Meh I can't even get it to start, just a black screen and what seems like a severe memory leak. If I ever saw a pre-alpha, this is it :p
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12