Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63083 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2020, 08:52:00 am »

Some of the bug reports on this game are kinda funny though. I think it's just a problem of overhyping games... same with NMS, same with Spore.

You're probably right. I avoid marketing hype on on principle and I've been thoroughly entertained by my Cyberpunk experience on PS4 Pro so far, even with the bugs and crashes. Currently its looking to be the second game I actually finish in 2020, with God of War being the other (which should say something about how good I normally am at finishing games)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2020, 09:02:53 am »

I'll admit I have a problem: I'm running out of side-missions. Those blue and yellow dots on the map are drying up, and I think I might actually have to start the main questline soon.

Eh, maybe I'll just go beat up a few more random gangs. My quickhack needs more training, since I keep forgetting to use it at the start of combat.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2020, 09:32:07 am »

I'll admit I have a problem: I'm running out of side-missions. Those blue and yellow dots on the map are drying up, and I think I might actually have to start the main questline soon.

Eh, maybe I'll just go beat up a few more random gangs. My quickhack needs more training, since I keep forgetting to use it at the start of combat.
I can't even continue one of the main story line quests. The fixer won't talk to me. Not in person nor over the phone no matter where I go, driving or fast travel.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2020, 09:37:22 am »

Ghosting is going too far
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2020, 12:17:16 pm »

The latest news is Cyberpunk saves have an 8 megabyte limit, if your save gets bigger than that it'll become corrupted.  So if you've been collecting all kinds of shit and selling it to vendors (who keep it permanently), doing all the side quests, buying a bunch of cars, etc. you might be on borrowed time.

Saves are in C:\users\<username>\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\ if you want to check.  I'm only at 4mb but I'm still not playing until that's fixed.  That drained a lot of my good will.
Shoes...

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2020, 01:08:20 pm »

The latest news is Cyberpunk saves have an 8 megabyte limit, if your save gets bigger than that it'll become corrupted.  So if you've been collecting all kinds of shit and selling it to vendors (who keep it permanently), doing all the side quests, buying a bunch of cars, etc. you might be on borrowed time.

Saves are in C:\users\<username>\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\ if you want to check.  I'm only at 4mb but I'm still not playing until that's fixed.  That drained a lot of my good will.

Same with consoles. Though like PS4/5 sony adds additional info to each save so it looks like there is more than there is.

Besides the 8mb limit. Other parts go into play as well. It mostly affects those who loot too much AND craft a lot (ignoring exploits/mods which enhance it). So if you loot all the time and craft also, then you'll be far more likely to hit the save limit. Selling items does NOT lower the save file (well it does, but unlike bethesda games where they properly clean item IDs. Each item you see in the world even if you dont pick it up takes up space)

also selling items kinda (not really) lowers the save file size by a tiny tiny bit, but the space the item took is more save file space than what you get back from selling the item in the first place. So I dunno exact numbers, but say you pick up or craft an item and its 4kb. and you sell it, it only lowers it by 1-2kb or something.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2020, 02:37:49 pm »

Hmm interesting, I guess I'll stick to disassembling most stuff and selling extra components.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2020, 03:52:24 pm »

Hmm interesting, I guess I'll stick to disassembling most stuff and selling extra components.

im doing this too but keeping it. as a roleplaying measure i only buy disassembling drinks from el coyote cojo from my favorite surrogate mom and bartending discount danny trejo. crafting once you get to a certain point is slightly (ok maybe more) overpowered as it lets you upgrade iconic weapons into some serious deathdealers and you can still upgrade them above that and craft powerful weapon mods for them too. not to mention even the basic crafts, if you keep on top of them, lets you keep your dps up to your current scaling level so bullet sponginess goes down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2020, 04:08:05 pm »

i only sell junk and booze, i disassemble all the rest. i only uprade iconics to higher rarity and the weapons and armor i use for stats.
did a lot of side missions. dont know how far im into the story, just been to cyber space.
my oldes safe is a bout 3.5mb (date 12.12), my newest 4.5mb. so the safe game size does NOT start at 0, and when it reaches 4mb you have NOT increased it by 50%. i am rather confident they fix this before i hit the limit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 04:11:24 pm by motorbitch »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 21, 2020, 03:57:14 am »

I went with the Monowire arm mod, and so far I'm unimpressed. It takes 5ish hits to down most mooks, where my knives and swords tend to down them in 1-2 hits. The only redeeming aspect of the Monowire is that it sweeps a fairly wide cone, potentially taking out groups of enemies. I've yet to find myself in a situation where I was fighting a group of clustered enemies at short range. Also, this wide cone tends to detonate explosive elements, making it often suicidal to use.

I thought switching the Monowire to a poison mod might redeem it, since I've invested heavily in the Stealth poison talents. Unfortunately, poison here turned out just as useless as it is on my blades. The damage is weak and slow, and the debuffs just don't have significant impact.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 21, 2020, 05:13:30 am »

there are many poison related perks in the cool three,  but i doubt it will make it worth it. i read somewhere there are legendary arm mods but i have not seen any.
so my gorilla arms do some 450dmg, while my legendary baseballbat i does 1300.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 21, 2020, 05:53:27 am »

so my gorilla arms do some 450dmg, while my legendary baseballbat i does 1300.

Beat on the brat, beat on the brat, beat on the brat with a baseball bat!

Damn, I just realized this whole band is dead. RIP Ramones. Thanks for inspiring generations of rockers.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42