Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63097 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2020, 10:47:24 am »

Yeah the portal thing felt weird and out of place, it took me out of the game.  There's some other weird references like that in the game, there's a BB tank from Death Stranding somewhere in the game as well.

Portal reference in 2020 is You Win The Internet Sir shit.
Shoes...

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2020, 12:04:00 pm »

I liked the refferences I've found so far. If you've ever heard the old internet tale of yakuza doctor who comes to america I found as a callout. To me most of them seem to be general internet things rather than random stuff cuz random

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2020, 01:12:25 pm »

I don't mind if the reference is dated. Heck, if they put a Monty Python reference in there, I'd laugh at that too. I suppose if you disliked the Portal series or simply never had the chance to play them, it might be a different story. Thankfully, I both played them and thought they were great.

Plus, the mission gave me inspiration to craft a D&D scenario for my group centered around golems that go rogue after becoming sentient, so it gets bonus kudos from me.

Is it just me or is Athletics a really slow skill to train? Pretty much every other skill can be used actively, but I must be missing something that lets me train this one as fast as the various weapon skills. Also, shotguns seem to have a really low ammo cap. 100 is rather low, especially since they're not exactly a god-tier weapon category. Makes it difficult to train this tree.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2020, 05:12:19 pm »

Is it just me or is Athletics a really slow skill to train? Pretty much every other skill can be used actively, but I must be missing something that lets me train this one as fast as the various weapon skills.

Can't you just run around to train it ?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2020, 06:57:57 pm »

Is it just me or is Athletics a really slow skill to train? Pretty much every other skill can be used actively, but I must be missing something that lets me train this one as fast as the various weapon skills.

Can't you just run around to train it ?

Run, jump, parkour EVERYWHERE and it's still level 1. No effing clue how it levels. Probably don't carry bodies enough?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2020, 07:18:35 pm »

Athletics XP is afaik tied directly to stamina use, so you can level it just by setting up a macro to spam punching. Probably best done somewhere a police man won't walk in front of you while you're shadowboxing

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2020, 07:27:58 pm »

Athletics XP is afaik tied directly to stamina use, so you can level it just by setting up a macro to spam punching. Probably best done somewhere a police man won't walk in front of you while you're shadowboxing
But running uses stamina....

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2020, 08:14:36 pm »

There could be a bug affecting it, or some mistyped multiplier that reduces gain from running specifically. Even using a macro to punch forever it would take dozens of hours of straight punching to level athletics up to max, so it's not fast.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #383 on: December 18, 2020, 09:38:04 pm »

So... Sony just pulled Cyberpunk from PSN.. that's big, considering previous AAA titles haven't been shafted before..

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2020, 09:46:19 pm »

I think them removing it from the store might be CDPR saying that refunds for digital purchases from the PSN store were available, though it wasn't their store to say so.  So Sony got a ton of customer service requests to refund, which they weren't offering because they don't offer refunds on digital purchases that were already downloaded.

My guess is that Sony doesn't want to deal with the bullshit of finger pointing, letting someone else dictate the terms of their services and is just removing what they see as a problem.

So offer refunds, and remove it from the store.  Go scorched earth, let CDPR fix their own problems.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2020, 04:23:23 am »

agreed. i seriously doubt its the most broken game in the store.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2020, 09:23:08 am »

It is probably the most broken game that got sold this much though. Sony will only refund a game you haven’t downloaded, so for them to offer refunds for a game a week or so into its release is a big deal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2020, 09:42:30 am »

It's probably also got to do with reports of the game actually bricking PS4s.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 19, 2020, 10:14:42 am »

There could be a bug affecting it, or some mistyped multiplier that reduces gain from running specifically. Even using a macro to punch forever it would take dozens of hours of straight punching to level athletics up to max, so it's not fast.
Forcing doors opens levels it, but there aren't that many doors in the city that have to be forced.
Charging guns is also bugged.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 19, 2020, 12:28:01 pm »

It sounds like "Best" Buy is also offering refunds, even of opened games, despite their normal policies.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42