Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63120 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2020, 11:44:20 am »

so i found a melee-dildo.

not sure if i can play any other game ever again. at least not untill it has melee-dildos.
sometimes life is strange. you go through it for years without even realizing whats missing untill something something forces you to open your eyes.

GTA San Andreas.

If it's purple it might even be a reference to that

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2020, 11:48:00 am »

If you're decent at landing headshots, I've found revolvers amazingly effective even against the high HP enemies. I can hit for 2000+ damage a shot consistently.

Shotguns are also fantastic as a close range hit can knock them down and you stunlock them into repeatedly falling.

My revolver headshot crits are landing just north of 10k at the moment, and can even drop a psycho in one shot if i get them from stealth.
Yeah it's glorious. I'm still extremely early, only just finished the prologue, and I'm now doing reliable 3500+ on a hit. I need to find a better base revolver. I still enjoy the shotguns as well, a good hit can send 2-3 people flying. My main issue now is combat robots, the revolver doesn't seem punchy enough to get through their armor. I can manage still if I can figure out their critical hit locations.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2020, 12:30:14 pm »

not sure if i can play any other game ever again. at least not untill it has melee-dildos.
sometimes life is strange. you go through it for years without even realizing whats missing untill something something forces you to open your eyes.

GTA San Andreas.

If it's purple it might even be a reference to that

nope, flesh colored.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2020, 12:33:28 pm »

If you're decent at landing headshots, I've found revolvers amazingly effective even against the high HP enemies. I can hit for 2000+ damage a shot consistently.

Shotguns are also fantastic as a close range hit can knock them down and you stunlock them into repeatedly falling.

My revolver headshot crits are landing just north of 10k at the moment, and can even drop a psycho in one shot if i get them from stealth.
Yeah it's glorious. I'm still extremely early, only just finished the prologue, and I'm now doing reliable 3500+ on a hit. I need to find a better base revolver. I still enjoy the shotguns as well, a good hit can send 2-3 people flying. My main issue now is combat robots, the revolver doesn't seem punchy enough to get through their armor. I can manage still if I can figure out their critical hit locations.

very odd at that point just after hte prolouge, a critical heashot from stealth with a revolver with silencer did hit for around 200-250 in my game, usually doing about 50% health damage to normal human enemies. i DID see the a few oneshots with shots to the head, but these where far and inbetween. but yeah: i did not use guns to much at that point because slicing them up did work much better.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2020, 02:17:09 pm »

I've done a bunch of the side missions and assaults/crime reported areas so I've probably leveled beyond what I should be at this point, I have a bunch of perks related to pistol and shotgun damage that are boosting it too.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »

Netrunning does well too.  Dunno what exactly determines how long it takes for a hack to go through, sometimes it's instant and sometimes it takes a couple seconds, think it might compare your netrunning skill to their level but I've had gray enemies take a while and even enemies do it instantly.

Upgrade mass vulnerability plus various quickhack perks to boost damage and you can just walk into the enemy hideout, no stealth, no weapons, and just cook anybody who looks at you funny.
Shoes...

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2020, 05:27:33 pm »

So, I just found out that crafting is completely busted.

Just buy a bunch of drinks, disassemble them, and you're already making a profit selling the components. But it gets worse. The healing items can be crafted and then disassembled for a total gain of components. It takes a bit of time, but it gets more effective with crafting perks. I've read that you can make even more profit from the higher tier items but I'm not yet at the point where I can make those.

Finally, you can keep upgrading crafted clothes as long as you have the components for it. It gets more and more expensive, but you can still get many upgrades in before it gets prohibitive. Like, I just made a turtleneck with 40 armor and I'm only level 3.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2020, 06:31:34 pm »

Just buy a bunch of drinks, disassemble them, and you're already making a profit selling the components.

...What are people drinking in the future that they can be disassembled?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2020, 07:22:25 pm »

Power sniper rifles feel fairly OP, as a charged shot seems to be able to penetrate any obstacle and still do full damage. Just ping a group of baddies, mark them all, then climb up on a building or whatever and execute them all through the terrain.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2020, 07:51:14 pm »

Power sniper rifles feel fairly OP, as a charged shot seems to be able to penetrate any obstacle and still do full damage. Just ping a group of baddies, mark them all, then climb up on a building or whatever and execute them all through the terrain.

You mean Tech, not Power ?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2020, 09:11:17 pm »

The Saint's Row series does this.

I don't think I'm allowed to play this game. I have old hardware, so I don't know if it will ever be compatible, and I can't afford to upgrade.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2020, 11:11:25 pm »

Personally I think it looks pretty dang nice, but jeez... the voice acting is a bit, well, ridiculous. And not in a fun, lighthearted way.   
A lot of the dialogue seems pretty bad, too, but at least if the voice acting was good it'd be easier to ignore. So far I've tried all three starts and the nomad one seems the worst in terms of plot, dialogue and general stupidity, but at least it lets you drive a vehicle at high speed through a desert and has more action than either other start, on the whole.   
I'd say the "corpo" start is probably the best one, since A) corps are the backbone of a cyberpunk setting and B) not much actually goes on, so you get a lot of themes and style without a whole lot of derp, compared to the others. The street kid start was pretty middle-of-the-road. Fair bit of dumb dialogue, especially from V whose voice actor seems friggin' awful no matter which you choose, but it had a mildly funny moment and at least it's a neat little introduction to one or two of Night City's gangs.   

Also, I know this has been a problem in many games before now, but I fuckin' hate picking a dialogue option and having your character say something almost entirely different. It could at least indicate what the tone of an option is, rather than just making you guess from the sentence fragment you actually get to see. ::) Why can't open-world games just go back to silent protagonists and player freedom? Sheesh.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2020, 07:23:57 am »

SHUT THE STRESSMUSIC THE FUCK UP WHEN IM LOITERING LIKE REALLY I HAVE TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY?!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:24:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2020, 07:57:50 am »

Annoying little crafting detail (on the PS4 at least): The game will happily allow you to keep spending your crafting components on making shotgun shells (and other ammo as well I bet) even though there's a limit to how many you can carry and you won't be notified of that or be able to see how many you currently have on you when crafting

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2020, 07:08:12 pm »

Level 10 character. 57 base damage uncommon revolver with scope and silencer but no upgrades. 3350 damage and it wasn't even a crit. Why use any other gun? There is no reason to.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42