Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63116 times)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #315 on: December 12, 2020, 06:30:03 pm »

Well i cant play in a while (mostly private reasons but due to a loved one, signs of improvement but critical still)

But apparently cyberpunk 2077 activates free windows (10). Or gets the dumb popup removed. Thought it was a reddit troll, but my friend confirmed it and saw it for myself. He was streaming his desktop so i can watch him play and i dunno if his os is uh...free...or mighty seas yohoho...

but the game crashed his pc so hard that the activate windows message for over a day now (pc shutdowns/restarts inbetween) seems permanetly gone. Windows even updated on him and still hasnt shown up

For him it makes cyberpunk the best game he ever played cause now he doesnt have the annoying activate windows anymore

huh! maybe i should try buying cp2077, playing a bit, then returning it, just to get my windows 10 activated... hmmm....

(i refuse to buy another w10 copy simply because my old w7 broke for some dumb reason so the free upgrade never worked)

Seems takes an extremely bad crash. Might be pc dependent. For my friend it bluescreened and he had to pull the power plug. Turned it on (took 3 pc resets however to get past boot menu) and windows auto went to repairing itself.

Dunno if there are other avenues for game to break windows. And since only saw one reddit post before that, must be rare (or not talked about)

His pc is halfway between minimum and recommended. Which currently seems makes a big difference in performance even on low settings. Dunno his exact pc spec though or fps he gets, but it isnt playable for him when he is driving

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:43:26 pm by The_Explorer »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2020, 06:46:00 pm »

It's not as extremely bullet-spongy as I was worrying about.  A good clean burst from an assault rifle usually puts people down, though it's a longer burst than I'd like, 10-15 rounds for tough targets.

Being a hacker helps a lot, early on you can get Mass Vulnerability which attaches to your breaching protocol and everyone connected to the target's network takes +30% damage.  Once you get a better cyberdeck you can drop 3 or 4 hacks at a time and refill RAM pretty fast, short circuit and synapse burn do a good half an enemy's health usually.  Blades are also very strong and it has some leveling perks that make it easier to stay alive while melee.  The starting Black Unicorn usually kills people in 3 hits max and it often staggers them, so if you can isolate an enemy and not get hosed with bullets while you're hitting him you can usually win clean.

Starting to see more interesting enemies.  I think enemy netrunners are boring, feels like they had more interesting ideas but couldn't implement them, so all they do is give you a fire damage over time effect.  Got a cyberpsycho mission and peeked around the corner, she instantly starts kereznikoving straight at me, gets in melee almost instantly.  She bugged out so I ended up reloading and not going for her, she still seemed pretty tough for me.
Shoes...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2020, 07:34:02 pm »

It's not as extremely bullet-spongy as I was worrying about. 
hm, its much worse then i had hoped.
i killed some psycho dude in a hard mission just after the prelude, he ate at least 6000 damage. (for reference, at that point i had invested in hp upgrades where i could and had 250)
the only weapons that worked for me where katanas because they kept them in stun lock.
i decided to turn down the difficulty to easy now. dudes in moderate missions still take 5 hits from a katana or a magazine of automatic weapons to the upper torso/head.
damage vs the player is fine though, two shots from a shotgun are enough to die.

generally i dont mind a hard gameplay. but the thing is, its not even very hard despite the bullet sponginess because the enemy ai is rather dumb.

ah, and all the tricks like vulnerabilty, they just dont work against the tougher enemies like the psychos. they are alone and i dont think they are connected to a network. they are also melee and fast, so quick hacks are not very useful neither.

so yeah, i love some aspects of the game. sometimes the city feels incredible alive, dirty and brutal - thats certainly a new hight of story telling.
the combat though... not so much a fan.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2020, 09:35:00 pm »

I think cyberpsychos are meant to be super hard, most of them are tricked out corporate soldiers or mercenaries, there's a reason the cops they send to deal with them look like this

Dunno, I'm a decent way in and focusing on hacks and blades with a small bit of stealth (have put 0 points in it though) I'm finding combat pretty easy now.  Made a rare-quality synapse burnout, it scales with missing health so hitting them with short circuit and then synapse burnout usually kills them instantly.

Story really opens up once you're past the title screen, there's multiple leads to work with and it seems like they majorly effect what you do over the course of the storyline, a lot of options to go through.  I wasn't planning on playing through twice but I might now, probably with a body/tech build and go shotguns, gorilla arms or wrist rocket, big boys.

Also looks like they may have fixed the epilepsy thing, I did another BD and it was just a light, no more strobing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 09:38:15 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 12, 2020, 09:52:16 pm »

Hm there seems to be some issue with the game where the computer stops spending all its power, or a memory leak or idk... Basically every takemura scene, and other times too, my framerate will be come all stuttery and sub 30... Then I restart the game to look at the exact same scene and it's at a locked 60 again. Takemura is the worst offender, but sometimes the menu does it, and sometimes driving far does it.

I wasn't super hyped with first impressions but I'm starting to get invested, even if I'm making a point out of not leveling stuff other than when I'm in front of a skillcheck. Just annoying that I have to restart the game so many times, often in such story intense moments. I figure if they fix whatever causes that it might also run on computers that should be able to run it now but don't. The gameplay is mediocre but I like the worldbuilding and let my imagination fly from the lil details lying around and lorescraps they give you.
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 12, 2020, 10:55:35 pm »

Hilarious.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #321 on: December 12, 2020, 11:03:00 pm »

If you're decent at landing headshots, I've found revolvers amazingly effective even against the high HP enemies. I can hit for 2000+ damage a shot consistently.

Shotguns are also fantastic as a close range hit can knock them down and you stunlock them into repeatedly falling.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2020, 01:40:59 am »

I got mantis blades.  They're pretty sick, not a massive change from playing katana but your power attack leaps at them and can cover a good distance.  Also got a smart gun, dunno how much I like it.  May need more points in the relevant gun stat to get the most use, a lot of rounds go wild.

As far as I can tell the wall climbing mantis blade feature they showed in the trailer is no longer a thing.  I figured it wouldn't be, environments don't seem designed to permit it.  THey may have realized it wasn't really manageable and cut it out.

Edit:  Can't confirm until tomorrow but word on the street is wall-hanging with the blades is still a thing but you can't climb around on them.  If you can get the double-jump implant you m ight still be able to scale buildings though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 01:50:47 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 13, 2020, 04:09:03 am »

If you're decent at landing headshots, I've found revolvers amazingly effective even against the high HP enemies. I can hit for 2000+ damage a shot consistently.

Shotguns are also fantastic as a close range hit can knock them down and you stunlock them into repeatedly falling.

My revolver headshot crits are landing just north of 10k at the moment, and can even drop a psycho in one shot if i get them from stealth.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2020, 04:14:30 am »

The gameplay is mediocre but I like the worldbuilding and let my imagination fly from the lil details lying around and lorescraps they give you.

this is my verdict on the game as well; gameplay is meh but the story is pretty good. sure it's a little cliched, sometimes rushed, and you can see plot elements coming but its still very enjoyable and well delivered through good voice acting and believable animations and face modeling. its like a movie that you've seen before but you still like watching, or you've seen the original and you are now seeing the remake

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2020, 08:46:22 am »

let

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2020, 09:33:05 am »

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:39:51 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 13, 2020, 09:58:14 am »

Hilarious.
Commodity Fetishism at work.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 13, 2020, 11:18:34 am »

So don't have this game, but it is shocking how bad it looks on Xbox One and PS4.

Console games are normally better in terms of quality than PC versions because there aren't 50 billion different hardware combinations to test, you can easily test on known hardware, also both Microsoft and Sony have quality control to pass to get the games on the platform, as much as it's horrible how bad the quality that CDPR were happy to release with it's actually mindblowing how both Microsoft and Sony let this pass their own accreditation processes, I used to work in the games industry and it feels like Microsoft and Sony would never have let a game like this pass through, I feel it must have been the massive amount of pre-orders causing this pressure.

It's also hilarious to see the game continuously being marketed for sale on consoles when it is so bad.

It's very surprising that a game studio like CDPR has done this. The random bugs are acceptable initially but the shoddy performance is not.

Testers don't normally have a lot of power but can't understand how they didn't put their foot down to stop this release.

No Man's sky keeps getting compared but on launch it didn't run and look like ass

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 13, 2020, 11:33:42 am »

so i found a melee-dildo.

not sure if i can play any other game ever again. at least not untill it has melee-dildos.
sometimes life is strange. you go through it for years without even realizing whats missing untill something something forces you to open your eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42