Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63154 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Seizure Warning Edition
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2020, 07:32:16 am »

So my controller works fine after a night of sleep, it truely was bugging in all games yesterday.

On the issue of performance: 2080ti and ryzen 2700x, 1440p here. Ultra was 55-60 in barscene, high with RTX ULTRA manages to reach up to 75fps... But with many pedestrians it tends to be at 45, they seem to be the biggest drain for my system at least. Just locked it at 60 and went on with my life. I'm rather pleased with the optimisation, RDR2 was a bigger letdown than this on that front. This game looks awesome.

On the issue of genders... Made I female I often pick pretty chars, then I saw male voice option and thought sweet less strain on my ears... Now they are referring to me as him ingame and it confuses me, I think I might just restart as male to get rid of this. edit: Or they don't idk i just lowered anything but voice to 80 i think that helped. As I said it confuses me.

I'm not sure it needed to be so much of an rpg, I do like stuff like the scene with the paramedics though... anyway how do you 3rd person mode?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:35:20 am by dragdeler »
let

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2020, 08:42:59 am »

IIRC from what I recall, the voice option is the pronoun option.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2020, 10:26:23 am »

So my controller works fine after a night of sleep, it truely was bugging in all games yesterday.

On the issue of performance: 2080ti and ryzen 2700x, 1440p here. Ultra was 55-60 in barscene, high with RTX ULTRA manages to reach up to 75fps... But with many pedestrians it tends to be at 45, they seem to be the biggest drain for my system at least. Just locked it at 60 and went on with my life. I'm rather pleased with the optimisation, RDR2 was a bigger letdown than this on that front. This game looks awesome.

On the issue of genders... Made I female I often pick pretty chars, then I saw male voice option and thought sweet less strain on my ears... Now they are referring to me as him ingame and it confuses me, I think I might just restart as male to get rid of this. edit: Or they don't idk i just lowered anything but voice to 80 i think that helped. As I said it confuses me.

I'm not sure it needed to be so much of an rpg, I do like stuff like the scene with the paramedics though... anyway how do you 3rd person mode?

Pronouns is based on voice.  There is no third person mode except in vehicles.  The female voice is still pretty gruff if you have some kind of ear pain listening to female voices.
Shoes...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2020, 10:37:56 am »

if there is a skillcheck during a conversation, you can assign skillpoints *during* the conversation.
i learned this today after having gone to bed yesterday at a point during a conversation where i was missing a skillpoint and i thought to me: well lets listen to all of this again... tomorrow.
to my total surprise when i continued the game today i also learned the game saved *during* the conversation.

mind=blown

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2020, 10:52:48 am »

Thats clever.

The female voice is still pretty gruff if you have some kind of ear pain listening to female voices.

hehe that's a nice way of putting a slighty mysoginist reflex, so let me phrase it the positive way: if I crossed a cutie and she sounded like james earl jones, I'd probably be super aroused after the initial confusion... that's about the extend of my queer lol. TBF I have studio monitor speakers with sharp trebles.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:55:11 am by dragdeler »
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2020, 11:22:02 am »

My salt levels are kind of on the rise about Cyberpunk. After turning my setting down, and updating my video card drivers, my crashes have gotten worse AND uglier. (Complete system lockup.) It's the kind of thing I don't expect a couple patches to fix. The Red Engine has always been a sensitive, finicky piece of shit so I shouldn't be surprised.....but if I meet all stated specs for the game, it shouldn't choke and die the instant actual gameplay starts.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2020, 12:44:58 pm »

the game has not crashed once for me so far...
Complete system lockup
i really doubt the game is to blame here. we arent on w95 anymore. applications crashing the system just should not happen anymore. at all.

sorry to put it to you so blantly, but try to fix your machine instead of blaming the software you try to make it run.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:46:48 pm by motorbitch »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2020, 12:46:36 pm »

Same here, no crashes. It seems like the bugs are feast or famine. Some people encounter a ton of glitches while others have a smooth experience.

So far the only major bug I have encountered is when streaming the game, the rendering is jerky and glitch on stream while other similarly demanding games stream normally. I assume this is a bug in the way OBS grabs the video from the game but not sure exactly

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2020, 02:12:34 pm »

My salt levels are kind of on the rise about Cyberpunk. After turning my setting down, and updating my video card drivers, my crashes have gotten worse AND uglier. (Complete system lockup.) It's the kind of thing I don't expect a couple patches to fix. The Red Engine has always been a sensitive, finicky piece of shit so I shouldn't be surprised.....but if I meet all stated specs for the game, it shouldn't choke and die the instant actual gameplay starts.

Same problems here. The game is literally unplayable for me. I've spend probably 4 hours so far updating drivers and tweaking settings trying to get it to work and no luck

On medium and higher settings, ~25% of the time it crashes in character creation, and the other 75% it crashes within 5 seconds of entering the game. On lowest settings I can play for 1 - 2 minutes, it looks and runs like garbage, and then it crashes anyway. I've even had crashes on the settings screen while tweaking options trying to find settings that don't crash.

Some people have suggested setting the game to fullscreen mode, but I only have windowed and borderless windowed options for some reason. I thought it was related to my second monitor but I unplugged it from the computer and it's still not working. I know the game has a fullscreen option because my friend has it, it's just... not there for me. Is this related to the crashes? Is it related to the poor performance? Does it have something to do with the steam overlay not working? I don't know.

It's not like I'm trying to run it on a potato computer either - I have a solid mid-range PC that beats the recommended specs so it should at least run.

I haven't played for 2 hours yet (at least crashing is good for avoiding that...) so I'd have already refunded the damn thing but it was a surprise early christmas gift. If they don't have a patch that makes this playable by the end of the two week window I'm refunding it away, gift or not because it's just broken.

And from everything I've read even aside from the technical issues the game is solidly average at best, lacking features open world games have had for a decade (like... driving AI, lol) and the features it does have are done better elsewhere. I'm not going to tear into it too much since I can't even play to judge how much of that is true but I'm not really optimistic about it anymore even if a patch does fix the constant crashing.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2020, 02:48:42 pm »

Complete system lockup
i really doubt the game is to blame here. we arent on w95 anymore. applications crashing the system just should not happen anymore. at all.

sorry to put it to you so blantly, but try to fix your machine instead of blaming the software you try to make it run.

Maybe......it's not fucking black and white? Hrm? If I meet all the specs listed on the game, and I have _no other problem with any game I've bought in the last 3 years_, then maybe, just maybe......"It works for me so you must just suck" is a stupid answer for a brand new release.

Just maybe.

On medium and higher settings, ~25% of the time it crashes in character creation, and the other 75% it crashes within 5 seconds of entering the game. On lowest settings I can play for 1 - 2 minutes, it looks and runs like garbage, and then it crashes anyway. I've even had crashes on the settings screen while tweaking options trying to find settings that don't crash.

This has been my exact experience as well.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2020, 02:52:09 pm »

im one of the ones not having any issues as far as crashes and performance. i did update my drivers the day before release which may help for nvidia users.

i just got back from work and i have to leave soon to grab dinner but i plan on diggin in to this tonight. ill update later with more opinions on the game but the conversation system at the very least is pretty solid so far. an odd thing to focus on but im not far enough to give a concrete review
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2020, 02:59:06 pm »

I haven't bothered to test it but there's apparently some conversation options that straight up kill you or get you a game over, mostly in the timed responses to stuff.  That's dumb, and it doesn't work since it's a video game and you just go back and do it again, it's not like there's skill or effort involved.

I like the hacking system and the hack-crafting, saving up for a new deck with more RAM and space for hacks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 03:06:36 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2020, 03:12:12 pm »

I'm using Nvidia on latest drivers. The only time I've noticed poor performance is when driving (seems worse in 3rd person too?), although I'm not sure about my graphics settings. I'm running on ultra, but damn there is a lot of stuff that's just blurry, maybe to do with the DLSS AI thing. It almost seems like some of the dramatic light rays are being rendered at a lower resolution and aggressively blurred until they're smooth. I had one crash, which was when I was trying to load a save.

As for like, the story being awful and the world being empty? I haven't really scratched the surface but I'm not getting that impression at all so far. Certainly I don't see it as a step back compared to, say, The Witcher. And I liked the witcher. I have no idea where people who say it's, like, shallower than Grand Theft Auto coming from. I *have* noticed people have itchy trigger fingers though. I bumped a pedestrian with a car, and also put one toe across a police line while I was looking at it, and both times resulted in me being shot to death. It's obviously too late for something like this to be added, but the game really could have used a system where you can be forgiven or pay a fine for minor crimes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2020, 03:20:49 pm »

Complete system lockup

Maybe......it's not fucking black and white? Hrm? If I meet all the specs listed on the game, and I have _no other problem with any game I've bought in the last 3 years_, then maybe, just maybe......"It works for me so you must just suck" is a stupid answer for a brand new release.

Just maybe.

or maybe, just maybe, it is.  your system either is stable or it is not. if your system crashes, its not.
but i guess its a situation where one  cant make the cow drink. also, whatever works for you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 11, 2020, 03:26:03 pm »

Because no game has ever caused a stable system to act unstably. No, I've _never_ seen that in 20+ years of gaming.

Why is it when a new game comes out and even one person is dissatisfied that it runs like shit or not at all, there's always got to be at least one person who immediately just tries to blame it on them. Rather than the bloated, buggy, rushed game. Let me guess. You'd probably tell PS4 and XBOX One users where the game is literally unplayable right now that it's their fault too.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:28:34 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42