Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63180 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Cutomizable genitals, delayed until 11/19/2020
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2020, 09:52:01 am »

Let's say instead that they just go the route of "Okay here, you can customize your cyberdong 9000" but otherwise the game doesn't change. In this scenario you likely never see the cyberdong outside of 5-6 optional romance culmination cutscenes. Is it worth the development effort? You can now have blinking lights on your ta-tas and a dong that sings a melody when your pants drop, but does this actually do anything to the gameplay?

I feel that couching gameplay functions within an appealing aesthetic does make them more enjoyable...so yes, floppy bits do have an effect on the gameplay, even if they're only incidental to what's actually going on.

And the market is flooded to widely applicable commercial products. You know what the market isn't flooded with? Fun gameplay that comes paired with customizable genitalia. There's a demand that's not being satisfied, and that's an opportunity just waiting to make some clever game developer rich.

The first idea was penis.  Every other idea is penis. You know what 70% of user created content is? Penis. 

The penis market is and always has been flooded.  If you want to play swap-a-dong there are billions of poorly made flash games for it. I certainly hope they don't sacrifice any gameplay development for this silly meme..

I don't mean to kinkshame but maybe the demand isn't as widespread as you imagine.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2020, 09:59:13 am »

TBH I don't think synthwave would fit cyberpunk at all, certain more energetic pieces maybe, but as a genre I don't think it meshes well with the setting. Something in the vein of Carpenter Brut would be more appropriate IMO
Ngl, one of the most cyberpunk bits of music I've heard in a while is this. Plenty of modern stuff just... fits. Cyberpunk.

Probably because the modern era basically is a flaccid cyberpunk future in a lot of ways/places, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2020, 11:29:31 am »

Certain kinds of electronica I think could work, the crunchier more aggressive stuff like Mega Drive maybe, but even if synthwave wasn't completely done to death and then done some more, it's smooth and nostalgic and that's not the right feel for a scary dystopian future. 

I can't say anything nice about electro-swing so I won't say anything at all.

EDIT:  Checked out what we've gotten of the soundtrack and hey hey guess what, it's dark, crunchy, aggressive electronica.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:32:27 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2020, 11:41:02 am »

Oh I dunno. I'd call the Ghostrunner Soundtrack pretty synthwavey, and it carries an entire game of lightning fast cyberpunk-y type action. I get what you're saying, and yeah, listening to that sample from CP2077 I think it's a good fit. I'd be annoyed if a full AAA RPG ONLY had synthwave, because there's a lot of tones and mood to capture in a full length video game that synthwave can't encompass all of. I personally think there's room for both. If I had to pick industrial electronica or synthwave I'd still probably go with industrial electronica, personally.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2020, 11:54:39 am »

I bought CD Projekt Red Stock instead of the game, lets see if it pays off ;)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2020, 02:01:26 pm »

Wait until the game turns out to be a flop then buy :P

no lie the more delays this game has the more i get worried the game won't actually be... good. Deadlines were set and yet they keep missing them, and the massive crunch they're dealing with can't be healthy anyway to both the workers and the game.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2020, 02:45:37 pm »

I bought CD Projekt Red Stock instead of the game, lets see if it pays off ;)

From where, if you don't mind me asking? None of the brokerage I use have a presence on the Polish exchange and, far as I can tell, the ADR that looks like theirs is basically dead in the water.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 11/19/2020
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2020, 02:57:37 pm »

Wait until the game turns out to be a flop then buy :P

no lie the more delays this game has the more i get worried the game won't actually be... good. Deadlines were set and yet they keep missing them, and the massive crunch they're dealing with can't be healthy anyway to both the workers and the game.

From the way I understand it, the delays are because they guaranteed simultaneous releases on multiple platforms. The work effort of porting to all those platforms is what caused the delays, not 'the game' itself. Doesn't mean it's good or that their staff aren't overworked, w/e, but it doesn't sound like the issue is that the game isn't finished yet or is being redesigned.

Also TFW you see a title typo that's been there for months. >.>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:59:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 11/19/2020
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2020, 02:58:45 pm »

All the more reason not to preorder or give in to the hype. Wait and see. There is never a good reason to preorder.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »

All the more reason not to preorder or give in to the hype. Wait and see. There is never a good reason to preorder.

I preorder, but not just to have the game early since cant play it anyway. I'm on a kinda set monthly income. I never have more than X, but I ALWAYS have less than X. So when I have the money, I might as well spend it, cause it might be a day after I don't have the money.

Unique situation and I'm actually below poverty level (my income I couldn't afford the cheapest one room shack in california). So I gotta live with my parents, who are also super poor. So I might as well spend money when I got it. Otherwise pretty much everything I get (like my current PC) is a gift. Either way...thats why I preorder games because who knows if I'll have 60 dollars again and if I do when. Not just cyberpunk, but other games too.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:24:32 pm by The_Explorer »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2020, 04:44:20 pm »

Yeah, it's very not normal for people to live like offices working for the US government.  Spending it this week otherwise you'll lose it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 12/10/2020
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2020, 07:29:02 am »

I preorder, but not just to have the game early since cant play it anyway. I'm on a kinda set monthly income. I never have more than X, but I ALWAYS have less than X. So when I have the money, I might as well spend it, cause it might be a day after I don't have the money.

Unique situation and I'm actually below poverty level (my income I couldn't afford the cheapest one room shack in california). So I gotta live with my parents, who are also super poor. So I might as well spend money when I got it. Otherwise pretty much everything I get (like my current PC) is a gift. Either way...thats why I preorder games because who knows if I'll have 60 dollars again and if I do when. Not just cyberpunk, but other games too.
While I sympathize with the situation, I question whether you should be paying full price for video games if your financial situation is that rough. I don't struggle financially and I still wait for most games to go on sale before I buy them. It's not uncommon for me to wait a full year after release before I play a game. I have not pre-ordered a game in years, or bought into many early access titles.

Basically, your reasoning makes no sense to me but you do you. I think if I was in the situation you describe I wouldn't be buying video games at all.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 12/10/2020
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2020, 08:20:02 am »

i dont want to get into financials because situations are different for everyone. so long as you're not just surviving but living, you do what you do.

as for paying for games:

im more then happy to support developers who have earned trust capital with me and ill buy their games, even at full price. this is broken into two halves however: i have an extensive list of iffy indie games and the moment i can get them at any kind of discount ill buy them immediately. aaa titles, however, i look at the dev and their past catalog: cd projekt red only have the witcher series in their gaming portfolio but i enjoyed all 3 games and ive fought myself against buying thronebreaker because im not too into card based video games.
with the quality of their games, i extend cd projekt red a fair amount of trust capital and i have few hard expectations for cyberpunk other then custom genitals, the fact that its some sort of rpg with open world things to do, and keanu reeves. i want to be surprised, which is a rather rare thing in this age of gaming with streamers leaking day 1 gameplay footage, tvtropes (im not addicted, ur addicted), and extensive fan research.
i want to have that weird bittersweet joy i used to have as a kid of getting a new game, sight unseen, and realizing a few days into it that it was crap all along or that i made a correct purchase.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2020, 08:37:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2020, 03:44:17 pm »

I haven't researched this game or looked at any spoiler content. Hell I haven't even watched a trailer. I plan to read some reviews and decide whether to buy after launch.

This, however, makes me happy. A friend of mine with access to a prerelease build told me it took him 8 hours of gameplay before he reached the title card. Several other games i've loved have done something similar. Hoping this one lives up to some of the hype.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42