Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63157 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Cutomizable genitals, delayed until 11/19/2020
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2020, 06:14:27 am »

AAA games don't get sales from "consumer satisfaction", silly, they get sales through advertising budget. :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2020, 06:42:45 am »

Let's say instead that they just go the route of "Okay here, you can customize your cyberdong 9000" but otherwise the game doesn't change. In this scenario you likely never see the cyberdong outside of 5-6 optional romance culmination cutscenes. Is it worth the development effort? You can now have blinking lights on your ta-tas and a dong that sings a melody when your pants drop, but does this actually do anything to the gameplay?

I feel that couching gameplay functions within an appealing aesthetic does make them more enjoyable...so yes, floppy bits do have an effect on the gameplay, even if they're only incidental to what's actually going on.

And the market is flooded to widely applicable commercial products. You know what the market isn't flooded with? Fun gameplay that comes paired with customizable genitalia. There's a demand that's not being satisfied, and that's an opportunity just waiting to make some clever game developer rich.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2020, 06:51:23 am »

And the market is flooded to widely applicable commercial products. You know what the market isn't flooded with? Fun gameplay that comes paired with customizable genitalia. There's a demand that's not being satisfied, and that's an opportunity just waiting to make some clever game developer rich.
I absolutely agree with you, and there are already games that work to satisfy that niche actually. Quite a few of them. None of them are AAA quality because they just don't make enough money due to the smaller audience.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2020, 07:47:05 am »

I've been playing Witcher3 +DLC the last month, and to me it has the best quests ever.
I.e. that things are rarely black and white, what starts as a small task can turn out to be much more complicated, and how small notes and books often put the situation into a deeper perspective.
I also relly enjoyed the somewhat deep and complex 'Bloddy Baron'.

So do anyone know how much of that writing staff at CDRed is involved with Cyperpunk 2077?
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2020, 02:05:44 pm »

So, people who go into this expecting it to be an FPS with tiny RPG mechanics like fallout 4/76 are likely gonna be SUPER disappointed. Its more like morrowind but with guns, in the sense that you can shoot like an FPS, but its far more an RPG with far more RPG mechanics. I explain it in the paragraph below.

The game isn't going to be an FPS at all. By that, combat is very slow and dragged out and enemies are extremely bullet sponges. There is no going to aim for the head and one shot kill and pew pew everything. And from what I'm hearing, not only is the combat very slow paced (but still actiony, its not actually like morrowind, its just nothing like a FPS where you one/two shot everything), its better to use stealth and strategy (in this way kinda like deus ex from my understanding). I actually like this, cause in a way it goes back to a semi fallout 3/NV playstyle where its more RPG and less FPS run and gun. But there will definitely people that don't like that.

You also don't find enemies around every the corner, and can go hours without combat (if you want, you can still purposely look for fights). This part I'm extremely happy about. Wow do I get annoyed as hell going every 3 steps and getting bombed by enemies and can't have any peace or be left alone. Go afk (most of my time afks are real life emergencies or phone calls and dont even got time to pause and this happens to me lots of times a day) and come back freakin dead cause there is no safety anywhere. Almost every freakin game does this and it always makes me rage so much. Most games aren't as bad as WoW though (thats a whole nother level of dumb) where they stun daze you every 5 seconds (or sometimes chain stun daze you), I quit the game cause of that lol. But maybe (some) people like being bombarded by an annoying amount of enemies everywhere they go and might be disappointed by it.

Either way, cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be a VERY slow paced game. So people going in expecting a fast paced shoot em up are not gonna be having a good time. Hence this post as a semi-warning.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:10:21 pm by The_Explorer »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2020, 02:44:55 pm »

So is all the hype around this game really worth it?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2020, 04:17:07 pm »

given cdprojekt red's history and the scope of the game: probably? its hard to tell given how ambitious it is but cdprojekt red knocked the witcher 3 out of the park so im willing to extend some trust. they earned some more when they delayed it and gave a clear "we need more time for the day 1 patch" reason, which is much better than dumping it and patching later.

and afaik we can still customize our cybergenitals so im still hyped.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2020, 04:33:58 pm »

no, hype is never worth the bite of the HYPEDRAGON

the hypeDragon has been luring and eating gamers for decades

For the longest time, it was merely a lesser excitementWyrm, but after hundreds of thousands of gamers were shocked by the disappointment that was SPORE, it evolved into the gigantic sadness beast that it is today

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And with the normalization of preorders, the hypeDragon no longer fears the wrath of the video game journalist, though there are rumors the journalists have conspired with the Dragon, trading their integrity and the souls of their readers for playtests and "right to review"

beware, the hypeDragon lurks

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:56:28 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2020, 05:04:19 pm »

beware, the hypeDragon lurks
It's moments like this that make me love this community.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2020, 05:11:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why you gotta hurt me like this.

[screaming]

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2020, 09:12:24 pm »

Honestly, it may just be the cynical gamer in me, but I feel like the game that was first presented and the game they are making are going to be a bit different. So I reigned my hype in and honestly I'm more ready to be disappointed than thrilled. I hope it's amazing but... idk I just have a bad feeling about it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2020, 09:59:52 pm »

Well I already know I'll like the game (I even liked Spore...just...years later...when I knew what to expect...), and know what to expect. The super slow paced part of the game (like I said in my post above) and the lack of combat around every corner I love. But I also don't think this is the next coming of games, the mozart music of gaming that will change the entire industry, like some seem to have made it out to be with how much hype they have. The game is almost in a way gonna be niche (despite the nearly 600 million USD they've spent on it)...not really a FPS (the bullet sponge enemies that take tons of hits) and the very very slow game, is gonna make quite a few disappointed.

The last game I ever got TOO hyped for was spore...ever since then I never get overly hyped for a game and keep expectations at a minimum. Cause I went back to spore years later like I said, and actually enjoyed it for what it was. I'm excited of course for Cyberpunk (especially close to release), but not really hyped. I think its gonna be really enjoyable and be a lot of fun, but not genre changing.

Though by the time the game releases and probably the time they spend advertising and working on it later...well...this could reach 700+ million USD which is crazy. Its already at 520 or 530 million USD budget spent.

(edit: In many ways, this sounds like a simulator more than a game. Especially when testers have gone 1-2 (sometimes more) hours without actually being in combat. Thats gonna drive out a lot of people who like action 24/7 and nonstop combat, and the combat will already be slow as it is
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:05:07 pm by The_Explorer »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2020, 05:30:05 am »

However the game looks in the trailers, it's still an open world FPS RPG.  I've played quite a few of these and I absolutely hated every single one of them. So my hype is very mild and entirely based around CDPR usually making good games.  If this game is good it will be the first time I enjoyed a game like this.

Mildly surprising though, a recent interview with the composers revealed that the soundtrack includes no synthwave.  A lot of people are upset by this, but not me.  In what should be a surprise to no one, people 56 years in the future aren't still listening to cheap 80s nostalgia made by people born in the mid-90s.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2020, 09:11:42 am »

TBH I don't think synthwave would fit cyberpunk at all, certain more energetic pieces maybe, but as a genre I don't think it meshes well with the setting. Something in the vein of Carpenter Brut would be more appropriate IMO
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42