Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63194 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Hour-long guided gameplay demo out
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2020, 03:40:47 pm »

I do know a while back they had some shitty management issues (and that can certainly affect development)

It wasn't even management issues. Just the people coming from around a world to poland and got totally off put by working in poland. That being said, since market "took over" after W3 release - I don't expect it being such different from the market as W3 was.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2020, 01:12:44 am »

I do know a while back they had some shitty management issues (and that can certainly affect development)

It wasn't even management issues. Just the people coming from around a world to poland and got totally off put by working in poland. That being said, since market "took over" after W3 release - I don't expect it being such different from the market as W3 was.

I'll bite. What's so off putting about working in Poland?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2020, 02:15:24 am »

Offhand, I'd guess the cold.  It also looks kinda grey in all the photos I've seen.  Lack of sunlight can get to people.

Current internet hype is that the delay is to accommodate a better launch on X-Box series X and X-Box One.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2020, 07:01:25 am »

Offhand, I'd guess the cold.  It also looks kinda grey in all the photos I've seen.  Lack of sunlight can get to people.

Dude, Poland isn't exactly northern Finland or the arctic circle, it's a big country with lovely beaches to the north, beautiful nature and some warm and sunny inland weather summers. I'd say it's comparable to mid/north France and Germany :D
Granted, some of the cities can have some pretty bleak Soviet-era buildings but there's also lots of beautiful old houses and modern architecture.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 07:03:14 am by Sartain »

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, some beautiful medieval towns.
Warsaw I wouldn't describe it as "beautiful", but it's a very interesting city.

It's not like the entirety of eastern Europe looks like Pripyat.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Hey, last I visited the Zone it was pretty beautiful
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2020, 12:34:37 am »

Dude, Poland isn't exactly northern Finland or the arctic circle, it's a big country with lovely beaches to the north, beautiful nature and some warm and sunny inland weather summers. I'd say it's comparable to mid/north France and Germany :D
Granted, some of the cities can have some pretty bleak Soviet-era buildings but there's also lots of beautiful old houses and modern architecture.

Oh, I'm not saying its the arctic or anything.  It's just that, if people are used to more tropical weather, they'll find a more temperate climate to be cold.

FYI, CD Projekt Red is headquartered out of Warsaw, Poland.  Not everyone gets out and explores: Many just sit and pout, and eventually leave.

Somebody asked why, I gave a theory.  I'd suggest hunting down and interrogating those who left if you want the whole story.  Maybe they loved Warsaw, but the head developer was putting the moves on them.  Who really knows?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

If that were on purpose, it might be a funny, if low-brain pun. Sounds like not though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver level punnery
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like they realised it was a terrible idea because the internet

Don't worry, mods will make it right
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

More like they realised it was a terrible idea because the internet

Don't worry, mods will make it right

Great, now I'm picturing vaginal customization with all the deformation sliders like now-typical facial customization has.

I did not need this in my brain.

I did not need to see it with the face of Shrek.

I did not need to see it walking with a Spore level animation.

I did not need to see it jump and twirl in a spray of sparkles whenever you change its piercings, a la the Sims.

I Never Asked For This. You didn't either, but tough.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When she removes her panties and you see
Shrek is love
Shrek is life
Love, scriver~

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Cutomizable genitals, delayed until 11/19/2020
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2020, 03:10:54 pm »

Well, its in the homerun of release dates. Some controversy surrounding the game, that personally I think is overblown and this is coming from someone who is staying kinda neutral to the game.

The crunch sucks, but in poland they get paid during crunch...so that there makes a HUGE difference compared to being a literal slave in the US, because while that may be a controversial thing to say and I don't want this to become a debate thread, but being forced to work without pay...is literal slavery. But I had to bring it up because in poland, you still get paid. Also supposedly the employees agreed to it (or at least some did, there is mixed messages about that, but the company said it was agreed to by the employees and they had the choice to delay it again so if you believe the company or not or a random youtuber, up to the person to decide).

Next is the shorter main story. People are making it out to be the story is cut so much that its only a 15-20 hour story...but they never said it was a MASSIVE cut. They said it was "slightly" shorter than witcher's 3 story. And tbh, I thought some of the witcher 3 main story could have been trimmed of fat because parts of it dragged on and were kinda boring. But they only said "slightly", not gut the story to skyrim's length. Plus even if they cut out the story so much and completely remade it, even skyrim wasn't really focused on the mainstory...in skyrim could get 100s or even 1000s of hours just all the side quests and all the side stuff to do. You'd miss so much of the game and lore in skyrim if only did the main story, that there'd be almost no point in even buying skyrim, but I guess some people just care about that. Either way, the side stuff should more than make up for the shorter main story.

Even witcher 3 had more side quests/content than the main story length (which is insane actually since the main story was already insanely long).

Either way, I'll be getting it and playing it on geforce now. My computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. If by a miracle it works, I guess won't need geforce now. But likely if i want to play it with full settings and look beautiful, geforce now I can play with RTX on for only 5 dollars a month instead of needing a 2000+ dollar computer (my PC is not terrible but getting old).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42