Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63044 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. The One Who Knocks Edition
« Reply #540 on: March 19, 2021, 05:59:39 pm »

Meanwhile: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight

-Cops won't show up instantly. (Hopefully this is more than "we wait 30 seconds then spawn them in behind you.)
-Sensitivity slider for vehicle steering. (Mostly aimed at people with bad framerates. TBH I find the driving bearable now but it's highly dependent on the vehicle you're driving. Some of them are just tuned like absolute nonsense.)
-Unstuck logic for vehicles that get high centered. (Whoopa-dee-doo)
-Setting to disable dodge on double tap, and better accommodating key rebinding. (Better rebinding is better, I guess.)

Sure there'll be more in the actual patch but....I expected something better like "making loot not suck" or "fixing all our broken perks" or "Making the level scaling not a joke" or any number of other things. This all seems like relatively low hanging fruit except maybe the police response changes. Can't really blame them I guess, their dev team is probably fried and morale is probably low after the pounding they've taken. Who knows, they may have even already started letting people go.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:03:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 29, 2021, 12:00:04 pm »

Patch notes for 1.2 are starting to grow. TBH there's so many changes I haven't read them all, but by and large they're all bug fixes and QoL improvements.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37801/patch-1-2-list-of-changes
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2021, 01:03:42 pm »

So I bought cyberpunk 2077 and it isn't as bad as people make it out to be, ignoring mods I added later which are mostly graphical anyway. So I'll start off with performance. Also how the F* can I play it heavily modded on my semi-old sorta junk PC????? ON MAX SETTINGS WITH RESHADE...

This game must make extensive use of the GPU so its no wonder its junk on consoles.

I got an i7 920 with 12gb DDR3 ram because my motherboard is too old to support new CPUs and new ram. No I can't just go "EASILY get a job and EASILY buy a new PC anyone can do it LOLOL". I get told that all the time on steam and reddit and my response is "sure I can upgrade, send me a PC if you hate my PC so much thanks. In return if you want me to get a job so easily, because I'm disabled give me your address and I can mow your lawn and work on your garden since can't legally get an actual job" lol. Usually get downvoted to hell for it :( but makes me laugh so its worth it. At least my GPU is MVP cause its a 1060 GTX 6gb card that my friend gave me

But does show where the huge decrease in performance of consoles come from. They are heavily CPU oriented, and the game obviously from my experience is GPU oriented because no way can I play a triple A game with super good graphics on this PC, unless its a GPU based game (which are extremely rare :( ). Which means cyberpunk will NEVER be good on consoles.

Now that out of the way...let me talk about the game itself

Its...actually a ton of fun. Like a huge amount of fun, but I do barely touch the main story and actually do play it more like GTA where I ignore most stuff and just do whatever. So maybe thats why in the game 231 hours of gameplay (according to steam, of that only 4-5 or so is actually AFK mode if I got distracted) I have more fun than others. 231 hours and I barely touched any quests at all.

As for main story. Wow is it intense as hell (at least early on, havent touched it after a certain point, no spoilers though). Never have I been so engrossed in such an intense manner in a game in a long time...last one was probably Crysis 3. Mostly as you can see not too much into stories. I guess WoW's story is pretty good as far as MMOs go, I get pretty into that. The whole game  though in general when I play it, I forget the world around me and barely hear people talk to me in real life, thats how much I get into it (I am taking out of the game world by one thing ). Even just playing it like GTA, just get so into the game.

Really sums up the whole positive parts.

So...what really kills it is the AI...specifically the braindead driving/vehicle AI. But the entire AI in general is piss poor. This is the worst part of the entire game is the AI. If the AI was good, the game would be THE best game (for me) of any game I've ever played. Sadly, the AI is so bad it drops it so much that...its only better than skyrim for me, which I did get 10k hours out of skyrim...and cyberpunk is better...but the AI is just so bad it almost ruins the entire game. Luckily the other parts of the game prop it up...but its almost not enough. The AI is really that bad.

In fact, WoW has better freakin' AI than this game does and that is super sad. Worst AI I've ever seen in a modern game...actually I've seen smarter AI in morrowind...and wow is that sad...even morrowind npcs are smart enough to go around you...

saddest AI I've ever seen
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 01:08:19 pm by The_Explorer »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #543 on: May 29, 2021, 03:43:16 pm »

The reason for the atrocious AI is reason enough why Cyberpunk is entirely defunct as a game. Cyberpunk's only main premise in design and game philosophy is hype. Hype was the main functionary of how it made so much money initially, but beyond that, its a trash game.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 29, 2021, 07:03:44 pm »

I don't know if trash game is fair: it has one of the best written stories in the genre. Measuring by story alone, it makes it apparent that Rockstar games are written by teenagers ODing on energy drinks. Conversely, here, real writers were involved.

Yeah they fucked up the AI and didn't seem to finish world-building, but parts are worthwhile./
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #545 on: May 29, 2021, 07:36:42 pm »

Really? Rockstar; the same company that wrote the stories of the Red Dead series, L.A Noire, Max Payne, GTA 4, Bully; is written "by teenagers ODing on energy drinks?" ...That's a fair opinion, I suppose.

Most of Cyperpunk's story is only really good in the beginning from what I viewed of it. The middle teeters off, and the ending is wanting. I just wonder how they will justify future "DLC" that is in the works, considering how
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 29, 2021, 08:03:18 pm »

I think it's best to compare CP2077 to Fallout or the Outer Worlds, they are much closer mechanically than GTA or Red Dead.
let

Gerratt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 29, 2021, 10:07:12 pm »

Is this game still a buggy mess?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 29, 2021, 11:58:49 pm »

Largely that's fixed. It's less an issue of bugs now and more the limitations on what you can do to improve half-baked features. It's not that AI is bugged, it's just so barebones it looks bugged. But I think mostly questing and soft locks and crashing and yadda yadda have been sorted now.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2021, 05:18:12 pm »

Is this game still a buggy mess?

Nope, now it's just the propped up husk of a buggy mess  ;)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2021, 06:45:05 pm »

Largely that's fixed. It's less an issue of bugs now and more the limitations on what you can do to improve half-baked features. It's not that AI is bugged, it's just so barebones it looks bugged. But I think mostly questing and soft locks and crashing and yadda yadda have been sorted now.

Yeah. I mean...

I did say the AI rather ruins it. I still have a ton of fun personally because the rest of the game is good to me. But...hmmm...well as far as AI goes and the world goes...GTA 5 and especially red dead redemption both feel like immersive living worlds can truly be in, maybe GTA wouldnt want to be in but they feel real because the npcs feel as real as npcs can get with the tech they had available at the time. Even RDR2 is still not beat as far as an immersive living world goes. Its to me not the interaction stuff, skyrim has that and feels fake as hell and arcadey. Its how the world reacts and acts, and the AI plays a massive part in it. And they time and time again said it would be the most realistic immersive city ever made...and...the AI completely defeats that. And interacting with the world has nothing to do with how real it feels as bethesda games have shown, because they are some of the less real worlds out there for sandbox/open world games. But cyberpunk is kinda on that level and only sadly because how bad the AI is.

And again...wow is the AI bad. When AI is better in morrowind, you KNOW AI is bad.

But the game is intense, exciting, and despite how bad the AI is, a lot of fun. Its just...the AI kicks it from a 10 to a 4 at best. Thats how bad the AI is. If they rework the AI to be actual AI...and um...well there is no AI in cyberpunk as far as I'm concerned, it'll be amazing. But I dunno if they'll ever fix the AI.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:47:00 pm by The_Explorer »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 02, 2021, 03:55:31 pm »

So...its safe to say after the investor report they are abandoning ship

Head person moved to their new triple A product(s) and replaced with someone (two triple A products being made if I remember reading right are in production and the third is cyberpunk which cut the dev amount by half)....along with what seems to be not as concrete future of patches/dlc for cyberpunk. Definitely a future where dlc is much smaller than they made them out to be, if it ever makes it there.

And...sadly...nothing at all about the AI.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Flatlined Edition
« Reply #552 on: June 02, 2021, 09:33:13 pm »

My major issue with Cyberpunk 2077 is balance. There are basically 5 ways to play:

Weapons that shoot through walls. Just pick a roof or back-alley where enemies can't get to you and pick them off from complete safety. Totally broken.

Stealth. Much like the last one, completely safe, just much more time consuming. Still pretty broken.

Netrunner. Walk into a building, cast a couple of spells and watch everyone fall over dead. Completely broken.

Brawler. Grab your favorite shotgun or melee weapon, walk into a building, shoot the first enemy you see in the face 10 times without actually killing him, then get 1-shotted by the first enemy to shoot back despite all the time and resources you poured into buffing up your health and armor. Utterly useless.

Cover-shooter. Find some cover, trade fire with the enemies when they stick their heads out, and be ready to move if anybody tries to flank you. Really the only option for playing the game and getting any sort of satisfaction.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 02, 2021, 11:38:36 pm »

Brawler. Grab your favorite shotgun or melee weapon, walk into a building, shoot the first enemy you see in the face 10 times without actually killing him, then get 1-shotted by the first enemy to shoot back despite all the time and resources you poured into buffing up your health and armor. Utterly useless.

Dunno, I found brawler really only died when you got shot during pre-animated takedown moves. For me it was mostly, activate Sandevistan, kill everyone with katana, pray to God you don't trigger one of the animations that cause the Sandevistan to end instantly. Honestly, shotgun feels like it would be more fun since the implants wouldn't wig out halfway though, plus the weapon mods are all utterly broken since they apply per pellet instead of per shot.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2021, 10:20:32 am »

The beginning of the game is definitely the edgiest. I'd say after 20 hours of hacking and figuring out that pretty much all damage dealing hacks are an I Win button, difficulty tanked. And remained tanked for the next 80 hours.

Why does it seem like of late, itemization is one thing that many games just fail hard on.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42