Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63067 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2020, 01:58:20 am »

3rd person camera is a little more manageable.

Man though, this game's balance is...yeah.

Healing supplies? Why not have 30 or 40 of each. And the aforementioned consumables.

Ammo? Pffft. If you ever have to buy or craft ammo you're doing something wrong.

The leveling on gear is so strict, you can incrementally find the same gun but better 3x during the course of a slightly long mission.

And I feel like Cyberware and accessories, while still requiring cash, don't require that much of it. Just wandering around doing stuff, you'll be able to pop into the Ripper Doc and buy something new fairly frequently.

Even though this isn't a "survival game" like Fallout 4, I feel like it could benefit from a critical gamer's eye toward rebalancing a lot of this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 24, 2020, 04:14:54 am »

money seems fine to me. got much more i want then i can afford.

ammo and consumable eco is indeed busted though. worst can happen is that you have to craft more ammo mid fight, which will happen instantly. so ammo could as well be infinite.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2020, 06:35:34 am »

+1 to this.
Though this may be a side effect of not going into crafting. Pretty much every time I buy a new legendary weapon, armor, or mod, it drains all the profits from my last 5ish hours of running around the city murdering everyone with a warrant on their head.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2020, 06:53:02 am »

ammo and consumable eco is indeed busted though. worst can happen is that you have to craft more ammo mid fight, which will happen instantly. so ammo could as well be infinite.

hoe much tho is due level locking making you buy the same item class a number of times

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2020, 07:52:04 am »

Spoiler: Man this game is lurid (click to show/hide)

I find myself comparing and contrasting this game to VtM: Bloodlines, in terms of which one pushes more smut and general human depravity. I honestly think CP2077 has a more merciless drum beat of human misery and debauchery. Every side gig seems to be about drug use/addiction, mental illness, sexual exploitation or torture.

Got myself an epic cyberdeck. Where before I'd have to save all my ram after using Contagion so there be free ram once it comes off cooldown, now I can throw it and overburn right on top of each other, and with the damage scaling from skills and perks, dudes are now literally melting before my eyes.

Enjoy a mission to blow up a Glitter lab. Sniped/hacked all the dudes out front, came up to the front door, hacked the camera system, looked through all the cameras in the facility to locate all the enemies, and hacked them via the cameras with Contagion. Cleared the whole complex without actually stepping inside.

Is there a good way to identify enemy netrunners that are hacking you? The tooltips and what not say to use Scan to track them down but in the general visual noise of it, I'm never able to locate them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:00:54 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2020, 08:29:16 am »

The game needs a "rpg=money" mod, where are all the weapons are on a plane field, and only the weapon type and quality matters; perk points would be given out a little more generously with the boni you gradually unlock. Loot should probably be like something around the late teens so selling weapons isn't so lucrative as to unlock all legendary bodymods within 6h of grind...

The lvl scaling is just busywork, and stupid as I am, I am currently trying to level up to 50 as soon as possible before I engage with the story... It's kinda whack but I'm curious how it will feel. The way I see it just bloats the game, though TBF, attacking gangs is fun.
let

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2020, 08:34:06 am »

Netrunners get highlighted in a kinda yellow instead of the usual red. But the "revealing location" seems to not have an originator but just a way so the player can't keep hiding.

On level scaling. It's always annoying. It was always the first thing i modded away in any bethseda game.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 24, 2020, 08:37:06 am »

yeah the game could use with one good balancing pass or even one good mod could fix most of the problems im having with the game.

the rest are quality of life stuff that would be nice.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 24, 2020, 08:37:40 am »

btw go check out fingers before you do the quest if you can... guy's got some seriously interesting body mods and they're not listed in my leggy reference I found online, all I'l say is epic (violet) legs!
let

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 24, 2020, 10:59:54 am »

Spoiler: Man this game is lurid (click to show/hide)

I find myself comparing and contrasting this game to VtM: Bloodlines, in terms of which one pushes more smut and general human depravity. I honestly think CP2077 has a more merciless drum beat of human misery and debauchery. Every side gig seems to be about drug use/addiction, mental illness, sexual exploitation or torture.

Got myself an epic cyberdeck. Where before I'd have to save all my ram after using Contagion so there be free ram once it comes off cooldown, now I can throw it and overburn right on top of each other, and with the damage scaling from skills and perks, dudes are now literally melting before my eyes.

Enjoy a mission to blow up a Glitter lab. Sniped/hacked all the dudes out front, came up to the front door, hacked the camera system, looked through all the cameras in the facility to locate all the enemies, and hacked them via the cameras with Contagion. Cleared the whole complex without actually stepping inside.

Is there a good way to identify enemy netrunners that are hacking you? The tooltips and what not say to use Scan to track them down but in the general visual noise of it, I'm never able to locate them.

Once you get the higher tier quickhack crafting there's some heavy duty shit in there.  It never occurred to me to hack people through cameras but I can still wipe out most bases without ever touching a weapon.
Shoes...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2020, 01:51:13 pm »

The motorcycle is nice for getting around but at the same time the car has a tighter turning radius. What even is this game.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 24, 2020, 02:26:52 pm »

thats odd but i did notice a change in handling and quality between vehicles; the starting 4 door that gets wrekt and then repaired handles alright but this golden lowrider i won off of a cholo boxer accelerates and turns super slow but damn its nice to ride in between gigs.

on another note, i can totally see a survival mode happening where you need to eat and drink to survive. theres enough bars and restaurant stalls to sustain it and i keep getting food and drinks as loot. sure there isn't yakuza (the game series) style restaurants as healing stops but hey, it'd be pretty cool.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 24, 2020, 08:49:26 pm »

I don't really think the game would need a survival mode. The whole "Press F to breathe" isn't really adding much to the game when such items are so abundant on the map. In a real survival game built around food and water scarcity it creates an interesting challenge, but in this one it's just a time waste to open your menu and select one of a dozen identical reskinned consumables.

That being said, the consumables are useful in certain ways. If you don't want to spend three perk points into Epimorphosis, food can keep you topped off between fights. Drinks are good for melee builds by boosting stamina regen by 50% too. If you're playing on harder difficulties, I can see the edge you'd get from using them being worth the effort to pop food and drink just before entering a mission location.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 25, 2020, 03:23:33 am »

Yea I've been making it a habit to eat some food from vending machines in between fights. Well, I did before getting a regen implant, but that'll probably get replaced by something better soon. If I can bring myself to keep playing that is. The frequent crashes and low fps aren't making it easy.

As for drinks, I never really use them except for dismantling. Not sure if they removed the ability to do that in whatever the current patch is, I'm still playing 1.04 after being warned that 1.05 was even less stable.

TBH I kinda feel like letting the game stew for a year or two before picking it up again.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 25, 2020, 03:42:59 am »

So I bought the Scrapper perk like a dumbass because I assumed, rather rationally I think, that it either wouldn't scrap high dollar junk items, or if it did, I would get the money for them.

Neither happen. So now I'm auto scrapping probably the most valueable early game loot there is and there's no way to stop it, other than paying $100,000 to reset all my perks.

Guess that's one way to make money more valuable to me :P Just kinda another example of the game feeling rushed in many small places, like some ideas were not thought through before becoming reality.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42