Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63073 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #420 on: December 21, 2020, 07:59:40 am »

why yes, loot is level adaptive, the arms all have a defined amount of dmg... I remember somebody complaining mantis arms are slow, maybe it wasnt here: there is a legendary mantis mod with +45% speed, I'm not using them but it did make quite a difference
let

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 21, 2020, 09:18:40 am »

whew grinding the last few levels of crafting reminds me of mmorpgs lol. as a veteran of the old republic, guild wars 2, and black desert online, i figured my crafting grind was behind me but apparently not. i want to max level my crafting skill before i upgrade all my iconics to legendary level for max stat gains and then ill upgrade them even further afterwards too.

edit: update, so to grind my crafting levels i ended up refining my crafting components upward which turned out to be a good idea:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 03:14:57 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 22, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

Well installing to Windows 10 with an SSD seems to have done the trick. At least, the game loaded really fast, frames were better and I didn't crash in my one attempt to get in to game. So maybe I can finally settle down in this, bugs withstanding.

Pretty obvious though that they shoved this thing through legacy testing just to sell more copies, and rightly got a black eye for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2020, 09:51:19 pm »

I broke 100000 damage with garbage unupgraded revolvers found on the ground. Not even last bullet in the chamber shots. I'm just roaming kinda aimlessly though because a main mission is bugged and I can't do the thing to advance it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2020, 11:38:55 pm »

Well installing to Windows 10 with an SSD seems to have done the trick. At least, the game loaded really fast, frames were better and I didn't crash in my one attempt to get in to game. So maybe I can finally settle down in this, bugs withstanding.

Pretty obvious though that they shoved this thing through legacy testing just to sell more copies, and rightly got a black eye for it.

At least one polish investor is looking to do a class action suit for misrepresenting the product, physical copies are getting refunded now and it may have pushed them below their investor goals.
Shoes...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 23, 2020, 05:19:26 am »

At least one polish investor is looking to do a class action suit for misrepresenting the product, physical copies are getting refunded now and it may have pushed them below their investor goals.
yea and dont we all whish him the best of luck.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2020, 07:43:56 am »

I thought investors get rich because they are willing to take risks, curious. No pity for that guy, actually if possible send him a note telling him how many salaries they paid and copies they refunded from that money. Fucking twat.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 23, 2020, 09:06:45 am »

I thought investors get rich because they are willing to take risks, curious.

Which means they likely feel they were being lied to. Did CDP try to hypetrain the investors?
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2020, 10:11:47 am »

Yeah I'll be curious to see what they cite. If CDPR made materially false claims that is one thing but if the investors got swept up in public hype that's their own fault. The game is still a financial success by any metric.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2020, 07:45:30 pm »

Latest patch says the 8mb save file limit is corrected. However corrupted save files can't be recovered.

So what do I think after 20 hours?

It's a visual spectacle, that's for sure.

Combat overall is kinda meh on hard difficulty. Dudes are bullet spongey and yet you're, starting out with no real gear, dead in just a couple shots. Several encounters I've had to do multiple times just because, right at the very end, one last guy comes up behind you and wastes you. It's tense, don't get me wrong. You have to use cover and just blasting away at a dude who isn't going down immediately is a good way to get flatlined. I just kinda wish it didn't feel like every mook, of every stripe, is some cybered-out wrecking machine that can eat 4 fully charged blasts from a tech shotgun. Like I wish there was a way to distinguish geared and cybered out foes from regular foes in terms of how it feels to fight them. But everyone just ends up being a big bag of hitpoints.

Melee is actually more fun than I thought it was going to be. It's still kinda janky but you can have some decent duels with the AI. You're faster than they are and more maneuverable than they are so it's kinda trivial to stun lock them or stay out of their reach or just dodge all their attacks and respond. But it ended up being better than I thought it was going to be.

Hacking is cool but also a little awkward to use in the middle of combat sometimes. Poured everything so far in to Quick Hack and Breaches. Starting out it's pretty weak but it starts scaling up pretty quickly, once you get a decent cyber deck. I've enjoyed just sitting on a roof top and just dropping Contagion on a group of unsuspecting mooks while being hidden. There's a lot of things to be done with hacking in pretty much every encounter, but most of them amount to "distract enemies." But using cameras and/or turrets if they're present, or making some shit blow up on command you can have some fun with the AI. There are better hacks yet to get, I know.

I think breaches are kinda lame, personally. All this whiz bang tech but ultimately hacking is just a number puzzle. Kinda disappointing. I expected some kind of visualization, some kind of action based hacking. So Shadowrun on the Sega Genesis still remains the most full fledged and featured hacking experience, despite being over a 20 year old game. Maybe some day someone will do a Cyberpunk-genre game where hacking gets the love it truly deserves. That said, overall, I think they nicely captured what hacking should be able to do and the way it should work when it comes to affecting things in the real world, in real time.

In classic Witcher fashion (and really most open world RPG fashion) you have 300 different kinds of consumables that all do the exact same thing, have the same $ value, and weigh nothing. I remember having an inventory absolutely loaded with stuff in the Witcher games that I never used because it was almost useless. Why eat food to replenish health or buff stamina when you naturally regen health before you even get perks or cyberware, and your default stamina pool is so large you can sprint for 4 blocks before it even comes close to running out? (Combat is a different story, I know.) This game's balance is pretty weak IMO, like Fallout levels of "we care just enough to say there's a challenge in the game." Eagerly looking forward to the modding scene.

Performance and stability has been pretty good on high settings. No crashes so far, no real hitches in framerate even while driving.

Driving is complete ass on a keyboard, and I feel like it's best avoided. The slightest touch of the key causes the vehicle to lurch side to side like it has zero stabilization. You less drive than sort of veer side to side while on the road.

As for the city....man it's dense. So much time and effort has gone into making it visually dense as fuck. However, it is pretty empty. When you set aside all the props, all the pedestrians and all the trash to collect, there's not much going on. Reminds me very strongly of The Division which had this absolutely massive city but only a few treasures and points of interest that weren't pre-plotted Ubisoft style encounters.

On that front too....if you're skipping the main quests and only doing side quests sporadically as you work your way around, you'd be tempted to think that groups of 6 to 7 bad guys just hanging out being bad makes up 90% of the game's content. I sorta dislike how NCPD is like 'crime in progress', you roll in, and by the end, the victim is dead alongside their attackers because they just sit there in the middle of the fire fight until they ultimately get smoked. It leaves these bits feeling chaotic and, if not random, just kinda pointless. Like, it doesn't really matter that someone needs help, what matters is there's bad guys to kill and saving someone is just kind of incidental.

Mechanically.....I dunno, the loot system is kinda burdensome. So much loot. So many guns. So much junking and selling. I am however pretty tickled at the sheer variety of clothing and looks. You could probably spend 100+ hours just tracking down all the clothing to make the perfect outfit. This mostly due to the fact that there's no color or style picker that I can tell, what you get is completely random or hard coded at the vendors. So you'll see a coat or something you really like, and you'll see it like once, and then never again. Makes clothes feel like something worth chasing after.

Lastly, the references. So. Many. References. Many are subtle, but many are not. I think after making 3 Witcher games set in a stolid, straight-laced, medieval fantasy genre, the CDPR designers just kinda went apeshit with Cyberpunk. Tons and tons of lurid sexual references or content, toilet humor and tongue-in-cheek references that aren't even trying to be subtle. It's fine, I'm not bent out of shape about it or anything but they're pretty over the top. When I sit back and just think about all the art that went into making CP2077 look like a lived in world, it kinda blows my mind. How many man hours were spent designing 300 knick knacks to be on shelves so places people live and work feel believable? Pretty amazing.

All in all I'm pretty pleased and looking forward to tearing into the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:47:31 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 23, 2020, 07:51:34 pm »

that patch to fix that 8 mb save error thats been happening, as a crafting hoarder, pleases me greatly.

im not having many issues with the game other than poor balancing and how they handled level scaling. by this i mean armor seems useless, even after stuffing my legendary upgraded armor with epic level armadillo mods and boosting my defense into the 2000s, i seem to still die in 1 hit or 2-3 hits. for real, grinding to make the highest end gear feels almost pyrrhic; what was the point if enemy level scaling and balance makes this useless?

one of the major points is that ive run into an issue most other games with crafting and legendries tend to have, including witcher, bethesda, and mmos: it becomes unfeasible to run non-craftable iconics at higher levels alongside some more minor complaints i have with the crafting system. let me explain.

after getting my crafting to lv 20 with most of the relevant perks taken, i can craft the weapons and armor of the gods. this does take high amounts of higher end crafting materials and you can only refine/craft items one at a time. this makes the bulk crafting i have to do take tons of time when it really shouldn't. minor gripe.

the more major issue is that most iconics do not come with crafting specs other than to upgrade them to the next rarity i.e. from rare to epic. what this means is if you get these iconics at lower levels (and indeed, some do spawn lower leveled like jackies pistols) and upgrade them too early they will not scale into the endgame without massive investment, which is only partially corrected with the refining perk to make higher end mats out of lower ones because you need upgrading components on top of that which you can only get from looting. this means you have to put off using the awesome weapons until after you leveled up, which defeats the purpose of gear grinding.

this is not a problem unique to cyberpunk but man it really began to stick out after getting my hands on some really cool iconics. this could be remedied easily by giving you the crafting specs to make more after you obtain the iconic weapon in question so you can continually craft level scaled new ones to keep them competitive but then you still run into the aforementioned balancing and scaling issues of enemy stats level scaling to make that gear useless after a level.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 23, 2020, 08:08:17 pm »

One thing I remember hearing if you're suddenly super squishy is that one of the later game quests for some reason strips your armor value until you reequip things. I don't know how the hell you accidentally do that.

I really wanted to get into this game, but like, in the end it just felt so... Hollow? I'm not sure. I've had a lot of fun with both division games yet cyberpunk just completely didn't work for me at all. On the plus side I guess I got 60 bucks I didn't know I'd have to use in the steam sale.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:10:25 pm by Gunner-Chan »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »

So Shadowrun on the Sega Genesis still remains the most full fledged and featured hacking experience, despite being over a 20 year old game. Maybe some day someone will do a Cyberpunk-genre game where hacking gets the love it truly deserves.

It's not without different flaws (like being optional to the point of near pointlessness), but I'd say Starcrawlers did a better job of hacking than Sega SR. YMMV ofc.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2020, 08:36:18 pm »

breaching man. i HATE these stupid idiotic minigames. not just in cp but in every game. they are always utterly pointless and stupidly repetitive. i dont see what they add to a game aside of padding the play through times. i whish they would just go away.
it bothers me more in this game because in cyberpunk and shadowrun had such a fleshed out hacking system. i whish they had taken inspiration from that.

nothing much to complain about from my side besise the minigame. love this game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:38:18 pm by motorbitch »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 23, 2020, 11:52:41 pm »

Driving is complete ass on a keyboard, and I feel like it's best avoided. The slightest touch of the key causes the vehicle to lurch side to side like it has zero stabilization. You less drive than sort of veer side to side while on the road.

This is a mix of 'git good' and finding a quality vehicle. Using a light touch on the acceleration and turning combined with braking as needed will keep you in your lane and steady, especially once you find a decent set of wheels. With a good motorcycle you can even weave between vehicles easily once you get used to it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42