Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63091 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2020, 04:56:01 pm »

I think my favorite things about the game are the music and the cars.  The music's fantastic, both the crunchy, violent techno soundtrack and the diegetic music, like grand theft auto style radio but it's all made for the game, with in-universe artists making in-universe songs that feel at home in the setting.  And no synthwave.

And the actual driving is pretty shitty, I have one of the quadro sports cars and it's the authentic rear-wheel-drive experience, bump the directions at high speed and end up plowing through a burger king, but the looks and especially the interiors, a mix of super advanced luxury and sports cars and janky beasts that look like something from the 80s or 90s with homemade upgrades, they're all great
Shoes...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2020, 05:01:42 pm »

yeah, the whole sound design is phantastic.

as for rides, motorcycles are great. the one looks almost as the one from akira so i was using this for the most time. recently found myself a caliburn. motorcyle probably still was the smarter choice in a dense city, but 1600 ps are 1600 ps.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2020, 06:34:18 pm »

the expectation that you'll be plowing through combat by firing as many bullets as possible while restoring your health bar with consumables.

Lots of available healing pots make this an option, but certainly not the only way to play the game. With diligent use of stealth or cover or hacking, you can clear most rooms with minimal incoming damage. There's also a very low-level perk in vitality tree that grants regeneration during combat; thanks to this, I almost never need to use heal pots.

It's all in the headshot multiplier. Maybe other weapons are just as ouwy if upgraded, but in lack of upgrades only revolvers seem realistically deadly.

I've had success with revolvers, power pistols, tech snipers, and melee weapons, all with little or no upgrades. It's just a matter of figuring out the appropriate way to utilize each weapon.

How high does power jump get you?  Been debating which one to get.

It's not ridiculously high...you won't be leaping tall buildings in a single bound. But it's just high enough to reach most of the ledges that line the sides of almost every building. Also you can hop over most fences and crates, making it easier to traverse the city on foot.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:37:41 pm by Folly »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #363 on: December 16, 2020, 06:51:10 pm »

How high does power jump get you?  Been debating which one to get.

It's not ridiculously high...you won't be leaping tall buildings in a single bound. But it's just high enough to reach most of the ledges that line the sides of almost every building. Also you can hop over most fences and crates, making it easier to traverse the city on foot.
Just speaking from personal experience here, make sure there is something on the other side of that fence when you hop over it because, well, Night City has a lot of very sudden elevation changes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 16, 2020, 08:12:58 pm »

So after I edited that config file to reduce the crafting timer to 0.001s, I started having... Issues with my game that haven't cleared up even after loading an earlier save and reverting the file

And my saves from after crafting and dismantling over 50k bounce back mk. 1s are corrupted

From a random Discord I'm in. Figured I'd mention it to those of you who might be doing the same.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 01:20:52 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2020, 05:41:56 am »

Yeah, going below 0.1s in games is risky in general. If your timer is lower than the game's tick rate, janky stuff can happen.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 17, 2020, 08:40:07 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 17, 2020, 09:38:37 pm »

Yeah, game is bad, at least they acknowledge they messed up, I guess.

Bizarre considering the tech for consoles hasn’t changed much over the time they were developing the game, but props anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2020, 03:10:44 am »

Bizarre considering the tech for consoles hasn’t changed much over the time they were developing the game, but props anyway.

Especially considering the game was supposed to release back in April, only on PC and the last-gen consoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #369 on: December 18, 2020, 07:05:41 am »

The game performs poorly on PS4 generation consoles but I wouldn't call it a 'bad game' in general. It has some bugs but overall it's been a lot of fun so far imo. Them offering refunds to disgruntled customers is a good thing, probably will alleviate some of the upset.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:13:34 am by forsaken1111 »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2020, 09:13:05 am »

Yeah, game is bad, at least they acknowledge they messed up, I guess.

It's Sony pulling back the game, not CDProjekt, as far as I understand. To me it's less of a gesture towards customers and more of a middle finger to the dev.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2020, 09:44:37 am »

It was also sony's responsibility to make sure that it was actually functional on their platform before letting it be released, right? Though I guess they're likely to get less hate by letting people see how broken it is and then offer refunds rather than simply refuse to let it on their platform, seeing as how rabid CP2077 fans have been.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2020, 09:50:51 am »

It was also sony's responsibility to make sure that it was actually functional on their platform before letting it be released, right? Though I guess they're likely to get less hate by letting people see how broken it is and then offer refunds rather than simply refuse to let it on their platform, seeing as how rabid CP2077 fans have been.

Yes. They also allowed CDPR to promise that the game was going to work instead of testing it, because it was going to be a big release with lots of money behind it.

That...was not the best gamble.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2020, 10:09:22 am »

Meh, I use a PC and it works fine, so all I'm seeing is sour grapes from console players.

I just did the Delamain Epistrophy quest, and cackled gleefully at the pop culture references contained in it. I won't spoil it, but anyone who's played Portal will definitely get a kick out of it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2020, 10:13:03 am »

pop culture references [...] Portal

Oh boy, that sounds great. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42