Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63156 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Seizure Warning Edition
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2020, 03:11:46 pm »

There are more seizure parts than the braindance, so watch out.  If you pick corpo, there's a scan you do in the intro that has similar blue strobe effects.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2020, 03:32:54 pm »

I find it amusing that the game set me to Ultra settings despite having a brick for a HDD and last generation's OS. Pretty eager to get home and see if updating my drivers fixed my main issues, if there was a patch in the meantime, or if I'm looking at a new OS install on my computer to play this gorram game without crashing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2020, 03:49:27 pm »

so, first 30 minute impressions:

i have a rather hefty pc now and it shows through here, with the game defaulting to Ultra:Ray Tracing (pc crib notes: i have a ryzen 9 and gtx 2080) and im not seeing any dips below 60. this might be because of a quirk of mine that happens to save frames: i play at 1080 or 2k at most. this is because of my poor vision, even with glasses i can only make out so much difference so a good large 1080 monitor is enough for me.

with that said, the graphics are very solid.

on a whim i made 3 of the same character with different starts: theyre all different with different themes in different areas. its honestly kind of refreshing. obviously at some point the starts are going to merge into the main story but im not far yet. cool tho

however...

genitals are only so customizable. i feel cheated. the choice between small, default and big for penises feels so limited, i wanted to make the ultimate chode.

i have stuff that needs doing tonight and tomorrow after work but i will try to figure this streaming thing out if anyone wants to watch, and even if you dont ill still do it just because its fun.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2020, 04:10:07 pm »

I find it amusing that the game set me to Ultra settings despite having a brick for a HDD and last generation's OS. Pretty eager to get home and see if updating my drivers fixed my main issues, if there was a patch in the meantime, or if I'm looking at a new OS install on my computer to play this gorram game without crashing.

A lot of people have said most of the graphical bugs and crashes are fixed by the driver.  I installed it before I started and haven't seen anything gamebreaking.

Also, genital warning:  There's a rumor that if you pick the circumcised option people will make fun of you and some romance options are unavailable.  I can't decide if that's irritating or hilarious, if it's true.
Shoes...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2020, 04:17:29 pm »

Also, genital warning:  There's a rumor that if you pick the circumcised option people will make fun of you and some romance options are unavailable.  I can't decide if that's irritating or hilarious, if it's true.

hwhahahahahahahahahahahaha thats fucking hilarious i hope, i hope so much thats true

like real life its both

hahahahaha this made me spit my dr.pepper all over my pajama robe
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2020, 05:50:34 pm »

There's also a bug where the large-size dicks and boobs clip through clothing.

This honestly feels like a Bethesda release, there are so many stupid oversights, bad decisions, and "did they not spend ten minutes playtesting this?" moments.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2020, 06:23:53 pm »

Nah man, it's the fffffuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2020, 06:29:48 pm »

Jank!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2020, 07:10:06 pm »

did steam fuck up their controller support for a quick fix? what if I didnt buy on steam? will my gamepads work after rebooting? are they serious about that keyboard steering and accelerating?
let

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2020, 07:59:09 pm »

did steam fuck up their controller support for a quick fix? what if I didnt buy on steam? will my gamepads work after rebooting? are they serious about that keyboard steering and accelerating?
No point driving anyways, the map is tiny, nothing interesting happens in-transit, and there's fast travel.

e: Yeah, no, played a couple hours more. I'm refunding this dogshit, they walked back on basically every promise they made. It's a short, dull linear story with a tiny """open""" world that's 85% solar panels, water you can't traverse, and permanently locked buildings.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:33:20 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2020, 08:42:02 pm »

This is revenge for all the eurojank comments, americans!

...while proving the term true, but nonetheless!
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2020, 09:35:10 pm »

This is revenge for all the eurojank comments, americans!

...while proving the term true, but nonetheless!

It's shittier than Bethesda games. Bethesda.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2020, 09:42:20 pm »

the hype dragon has begun to feast

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2020, 10:45:04 pm »

Well I got it running after updating my video card drivers, but it doesn't run well at all. Spent some time in the intro bar. Frames might be bearable when you're walking around but in conversation oi vey, it really shows. Gonna need to down settings until I can get running better. I'm getting sorta Doom 3 vibes off of this, where there's more focus on the visuals and style than there is on the game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2020, 12:00:00 am »

Annndddd tried to start a new game and suffered crippling, horrible sounding system lockups. Blargh. Now I"ll have to troubleshoot it for realsies.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42