Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: A very random fantasy RTD Turn 3 up! Shady Dealings and Background information  (Read 5351 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: A very random fantasy RTD Turn 0 up!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

(I used Seventh Sanctum for it. It`s a site which contains generators for names, races, spells, classes etc. I simply generated five classes. That derm got the Underworld shaman was just luck. Ofc, when rolling the spells and abilities i somewhat modified it- Not every spell generated can realistically be used, and the RTD is intended to be random but at least somewhat serious. I hope the others like their characters, too! I myself like the Dream Cleric the most.)

Here`s the link to the seventh sanctum: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-skill.php
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:29:37 pm by Lordinquisitor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 06:29:17 pm »

Wind walked off the docks, taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the port town. It's a shame the rest of the crew didn't make it, but that's the risk sailors take when venturing to far-off lands. He was just happy to be alive.
"Oy, with our resources and assistants sunk with the ship, I guess we ought to be findin' work in this little hovel. I'll go scout for a bar or a religious building, but you all do as you please. If anyone wants to scout for employers with me, feel free to follow."

Wind decides to save his spells and enchantments for later. He scouts the town for bars and religious buildings.

(Also, I still haven't figured out what generators you're using. I'd love to know :P)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 06:30:44 pm »

Maybe i will post the entire list of the Generators used later. Pretty tired. :P

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »

"Of course I'd manage to get myself stranded in a desolate wasteland filled with lying slavers on my first voyage. I should've expected it, really. I was a fool to let up on my demands for an advance payment. Now I can't even afford whatever cheap so-called alcohol the taverns sell."

Speak with the local guardsmen to learn the local laws about enslaving people, particularly those who attempt to mug and/or kill me. Ask if they have any problems with gangs that should be solved by violence.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:20 pm »

((I also liked my alignement: "Chaotic Violent"

I think it would be difficult to be any better. I hope I find some enemies to kill and cannibalize soon.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »

Oh god there's RP. I was not prepared for this.
I have no idea what to do. I was prepared for explicit mindless railroading.

Uh...

Deciding he likes the cut of Radicals Gib, Griffin follows him.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 04:00:43 am »

TO PLUNDARRRRR

You should have expected RP. After all, Caellath entered this one.

Find piece of metallic junk. Transform piece of metallic junk into platinum. Sell platinum.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 04:14:36 am »

TO PLUNDARRRRR

Find piece of metallic junk. Transform piece of metallic junk into platinum. Sell platinum.
tons of profit
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 07:12:32 am »

((It is funnier that way. Just writing down bolded actions makes sense when there is either little or nothing of note or when the RtD is very simple. This one is supposed to be somewhat serious.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 07:37:15 am »

Turn 1
Magical mishaps

Caellath
If my Imperial Aspergillum is not yet filled, fill it. Otherwise, pray for Lisar's favor. Actually, pray for her favor in any case.

You decide to fill your Aspergillum- A empty barrel on the dock is filled with rainwater, which serves the purpose.

Then you knee down and beseech Lisa to grant you her favor. [Roll:4]
For a moment you believe that Lisa has forsaken you, but suddenly a white hare appears out of nowhere, is hit by a blowgun dart and falls off the dock into the water. It seems like no one else has witnessed this event; Sailors and workers nearby show no reaction, at least.

freeformshooler
Wind decides to save his spells and enchantments for later. He scouts the town for bars and religious buildings.

You decide to search for bars or temples- Places where eager adventurers might find good work.
[Roll:6] Instead of searching the whole town yourself you simply ask a nearby sailor where one might find a good drink, or where one might find a place to pray. He seems like a nice fellow and tells you that there are three taverns in town-The Common Club, a bar located in the harbor. It is mostly frequented by sailors, pirates and workers. The beer is bad and the food is worse- But there`s always gossip to be heard. The Fox and the Highwayman can be found at the east gate. It offers decent food and is a resting place for merchants and wanderers arriving from the east. The Casque and Elixir is the most expensive bar in town and can be found near the marketplace. The innkeep is a retired alchemist and claims that his beer and liquor are the best in the whole province. "Not that i would know. I don`t have the money nor the attire to be welcomed into that tavern.", he adds. He then tells you about the temples that can be found in town. The so called "Hall of Fishes" is a little temple right next to the dock. There aren`t any priests there, but the temple offers small shrines to various gods- It`s intended to be used by sailors from far away lands who feel the urge to pray. A real temple dedicated to the local god of fortune and storms can be found right in the center of the town.

Nirur Torir
Speak with the local guardsmen to learn the local laws about enslaving people, particularly those who attempt to mug and/or kill me. Ask if they have any problems with gangs that should be solved by violence.

dermonster
Deciding he likes the cut of Radicals Gib, Griffin follows him.

Together you search for a guardsman, who can tell you something about the local laws and gangs.
You soon learn that the guardsmen of Liberty are.. Different. You find one near the dock.

Apparently the guardsmen of Liberty are mermen and carry both axes and bows. How they manage to keep themselves alive on land is unknown to you.

When you ask him about slavers, he sighs and answers with a strange dialect: "By the great Nirabtioh. It feels like every single sailor arriving here asks me the same question. I wonder why people even come to this place if they believe that slavers run rampant here. No, no, there are no slavers here. You have witnessed the storm yesterday, aye? You see that was a small one. We often have worse. With such storms you can`t be a slaver- A galley filled with slaves is too heavy and would sink like a stone. It`s far more profitable for the pirates to employ small and quick vessels or to lure ships onto the cliffs with fake fires. Why is the province here called the "Four slave province" then, you might ask me. The answer is: I have no damned clue. Maybe if people would stop asking me this questions i would find the time to read a history book about the land here. But first i`d have to learn how to read, of course."

He draws some breath and continues: "As for local gangs- Do you think that we guardsmen are lazy and get paid for nothing? No, no, no there are no gangs within the town that cause so much trouble that weŽd have to contract adventurers."

He eyes you, hesitates and then speaks in a softer voice: "Yet, maybe.. If you would look hard enough you could find some.. Unwanted individuals. You see, we can keep the peace within the city, but we only have any power within the walls. Outside we have no one to enforce our laws. Now, those pirates.. I mentioned that they lure ships on the cliffs? That`s a huge problem for the city. No, i don`t ask you to search for those pirates, altough your travels might lead you towards them. You see they have to sell their stolen goods somewhere. Most merchants here in Liberty know how to recognize such goods and won`t buy them. But i`m pretty sure that a black market exists for such items. Whenever we, the guardsmen, try to search for the fences we find either nothing or there`s a sudden rise in criminality, which keeps us occupied."

"I wouldn`t say that i hired you, aye? I just told you a little story, aye? Mayhaps you  stumble over some shady individual with ties to the black market.. That could happen, couldn`t it? I`m not asking you to hurt them, but maybe an unfortunate accident happens. Only the best die young, right? I can`t pay you for such an accident, though. But who knows? You could be a long lost relative of that person.. And if you are, then it would be right if you would inherit some of his possessions, wouldn`t it?"

Errol

Search Roll: 6
Casting Roll: 2-1 (Difficult spell)

You find a small, empty flask of iron in your cabin on the ship. A flask of platinum would net you a nice profit on the market and you decide to transmute it. At first you perform the spell without problems but then you stumble over a few words and you completely mess it up.

The magical energies first deform and then tear apart the flask- Iron splinters are flying everywhere! Dodge Roll: 3 You fail to completely dodge those splinters, but you only suffer some small cuts.

You have a bigger problem, though. The magic runs rampant! A piece of the wall is transformed into bronze.. Liquid bronze, which runs down the hull of the ship and into the sea, leaving a huge hole behind. As if your ship hasn`t suffered enough already. Luckily, your cabin is well above sea level and this hole won`t sink your poor ship.

The stuff inside your cabin- Your bed, your shelves, are also warped and twisted into strange shapes. You quickly flee from the ship, fearing what the magic could do to your body. It seems like you suffered no ill effects, but then you notice your reflection in the water.

Your skin seems to have changed it`s color- It looks silver! You try to remove your clothing in order to see whether the skin beneath has been affected too, but you can`t!

It seems like your clothing has been completely fused to your skin!

For those that are interested in how i created the characters..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheets:

Nirur Torir

Caellath

dermonster

freeformschooler

Errol
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:16:05 am by Lordinquisitor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A very random fantasy RTD Turn 1 up! Information and woes.
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:24 am »

Wind decided that the Hall of Fishes sounded the most likely to have a shrine to Zahabeednin. But work was more immediately important now. He headed to the Fox and the Highwayman and surveyed it carefully for anyone who might cause him trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 08:42:06 am »

Purity smiled. A good omen for a fresh start in unknown lands, for his goddess had accepted his prayer and blessed him with her favor. He thanked her signal and got back to his feet, moving into the coastal town. He had things to do, and now that he had completed his first task within these lands, he needed to find the ways to restore their ship. Some of his companions seemed to have a grip on what to do.

Follow the Deformed One and the Tarantula Man.
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 08:57:29 am »

"This will work better if we have some local money and act interested in buying their goods. Any ideas on acquiring some?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 09:01:35 am »

Purity turned to Radical with a simple smile. Matters could be solved with the correct application of faith within the boundaries of the material plane. Basically translating into:

"We could head outside the city walls and deplete muggers and criminals of their possessions. They would surely not oppose our request after being deprived of either some limbs or their lives."
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:02 am »

"Just tell them we're going to sell vast amounts of acquired spider silk." Griffon said annoyedly. "Seriously, I shit the stuff, and selling is less suspicious than buying."

Gather a bit of own spider silk... Maybe head into a nearby alley before doing so.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5