Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. Welcome to the Mansion! Turn 3!  (Read 7149 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. Welcome to the Mansion! Turn 2!
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 11:43:13 pm »

Take half of the supplies then go up the stairs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 12:37:49 am »

Open the "black disc with a crescent moon in it" door.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. ITS RANDOM MAGIC! Turn 1... SOON
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 04:49:57 am »

Into the broccoli room I go!

i cant open the spoilers right now. can someone tell me what my stone does?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 07:40:44 am »

Woah, completely missed that. Stupid line, making me think it was header stuff when I skimmed. :P

Sorry! I'll remove you from the finding stuff group and stick you in the exploring list in a bit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 07:43:31 am »

Enter the waitlist

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48:30 am »

Woah, completely missed that. Stupid line, making me think it was header stuff when I skimmed. :P

Sorry! I'll remove you from the finding stuff group and stick you in the exploring list in a bit.
Thank you. it may not be your fult, though. I think my posts are ninjas. many of GMs miss me.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:22 am »

Zomara retroactively ignores the boxed goodies, instead heading into the Broccoli room.
[Master Roll: 6]
The room itself is a strange mishmash - half is an elaborate greenhouse, growing all sorts of exotic plants, with a wall and angled ceiling of glass above it. The plants are in pots and bins, and there's a glass door in the glass wall that leads outside into the garden area, a path extending out and the left. You suppose the garden still counts as the mansion grounds - you won't be disqualified for exploring them.

The other half of the room is wood and stone, with workbenches and tables covered in beakers and strange lab equipment. Samples of many of the plants lay strewn across the workbenches, and there's a large basin filled with a strange liquid. There's also a large flat bin filled with an assortment of objects right near the door, next to some hanging white coats - you quickly realize it's a place to leave items that might be damaged by experiments, and you scoop the valuables into your pockets. A thin gold chain, a plain silver ring, an elegant pocketwatch and... a Ring of Power! Haha! What a find.

You can see the dying orange light through the glass, the trees of the garden swaying gently in the breeze.

Gain 1 gold chain, 1 silver ring, 1 elegant pocketwatch, 1 Ring of Power (new total: 2)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 11:18:35 am »

OHHHHHHHHH  :o Goodies goodies and more goodies.
Lets see if we can find some more loot. If not, Look inside some of those beakers. maybe there is !!SCIENCE!! in them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:53 am »

((Am I in the waitlist Glyph?))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 11:45:12 am »

There is no wait list.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 11:50:11 am »

Then I shall watch with my unblinking eye on the fates of these people.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:56 pm »

Eat hot cocoa powder.

YUMM YUMM

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »

As a slight change of pace, I'll be doing things one at a time from now on to make them more manageable for me - I'll make a post when THIS post is finished. Please withhold new actions until then.

Sinpwn
Go through the crescent moon door posthaste.

[Master Roll: 1]
You cannot go through the crescent door post-haste. You open your eyes at the sound of the clock gonging, and find yourself sitting in an enormous pool of boiling mud. Truth be told, you don't quite remember how you got here, [2]and the mud doesn't exactly feel great. It's actually quite hot, and your skin is already burning a bit. It also appears to have small bugs crawling around in it. In addition, your muscles are sore - you feel bruised and beaten (2 damage taken), though you don't think that's from the mud.

There are muddy tiles on the floor and ceiling surrounding the tub, with several muddy footprints on it, and 4 hallways twist away in each corner of the room. On the opposite wall is a rack of towels, and a low wooden bench. On the bench lies a folded purple robe, topped by a wand, ring, fork and glasses.

You crawl out of the mud bath, and take a step down the flight of stairs, mud covering your body and long sticky tendrils trailing out behind you. You get halfway to your posessions before the tendrils tighten and grow taught. You slip on the mud-coated tiles[6] but manage to successfully keep your balance as a tendril yanks on your leg. You dive for the bench, knowing you can't reach your items, grabbing it with an arm and flipping it, sending your items everywhere.

The mud begins dragging you back into the pool, and it's still growing hotter.

You have time to hopefully grab just one of your items. With luck, you may get two, but it's a risk.
UristMcDwarf
Get valuables

You stroll across the room to the altar, hungrily eyeing the valuables. As you get closer, you see a ceremonial dagger and a short leather whip on the altar. You also realize that you are standing inside of a collosal pentagram, filling most of the room, sourrounded by elaborate runes. Despite the quickly growing darkness, you can see this because the torches along the walls choose that moment to flare into life - timed perfectly with the beginning of the echoing gong of the clock striking 8, 8 small balls of purple flame pulse to life, bathing the room in a sickly glow.

In each corner of the room is a small couch, with small tables beside them. One has some left over fingerfood on it. This is significantly less important than the wall of flame that quickly blocks them from view, starting directly in front of you and making it's way around the circle in less than a second.

You are completely trapped, unless you want to jump over the flames, and a low chanting has begun to fill the room.

Derm
Grab some rations and head through the left door.

[Master Roll: 4]
You go through the cupboards in the room[2] but don't really find much worth taking - it's mostly pots and pans and plates and cups and utensils. You snag a bag of candy and a couple fruit - better than nothing. You head over to the door, pulling it open and stepping inside. It's pretty dim in here - there's no light that you can see inside, so it's only lit by the room behind you. There's boxes to the left and right - dried foods of various types, grains, jerky, a shelf full of jars. Nothing particularly interesting. You turn to head back into the kitchen when the clock goes off again, sounding the hour. Man, time seems to be flying by... [6] Shit! The door is shutting. You throw yourself at it, rolling into the kitchen before you're trapped in the darkness of the larder, and you barely scrape through.

You stand up, brushing the dust from your robe as a heavy bolt slide into place on the door behind you. You could probably unlatch it if you want to return, but you wouldn't have had the option from the other side. You also notice the pots and and pans seem to be raising from the counters and cupboards and floating in a lazy circle around you. A few are beginning to bang together, creating a kind of beat... and you notice Ochita staring at you and the pans from across the room.

Ochita
Go through left door.

[Master Roll: 6]
You walk toward the door on the left when you stop, noticing a place is set at one of the tables. Resting elegantly on the folded napkin is a ring of power. There's also a faintly glowing knife by the plate. You slip the ring on a finger and slide the knife into your belt - you don't know what's it's magical powers are, besides glowing, but who knows - you might end up needing a weapon at some point.

You step through the door, finding a large, cluttered looking kitchen on the other side. There's an open door on the far side of the room, and as you close the door behind you, you hear the sound of the hour being struck. In moments, things get weird - the door opposite you begins to shut, and Derm comes flying out. The pots and pans begin floating and start to make a vaguely music racket. And a large spider seems to be crawling around the ceiling above Derm's head.

10ebbor10
Take half of the supplies then go up the stairs.

You take some stuff as the clock sounds the hour in the distance. Two coats, two sleeping baks, 21 servings of hot chocolate and, arms loaded with items, you head up the stairs. You promptly walk into a leg.

...a leg? Your eyes go wide at the steel plated leg, then slowly move up from the thigh to the armored crotch, the shining chest, and the grinning face with it's long black mustached curling into paints and it's empty white eyes.

You take a step back. The figured finishes stepping it's other leg out of the painting, and reaches behind it's back to *click* undo it's great sword.

You take another step back... and promptly fall backwards down the stairs. You take 2 points of damage, and your gathered loot goes flying!
10ebbor10 has lost 2 health

Dragor
Eat hot cocoa powder.

[Master Roll: 4]
Mmmmmm.... chocolate goodness. Even if that ebbor guy does scoop up half of them. You sit back, closing your eyes as the hour rings fill the room, and then you hear a thud behind you. You open one eye and turn around slowly to an enormous version of the colonol, dripping with we paint, stepping down the stairs, with ebbor looking rather terrified and somewhat injured on the ground at the bottom.

Caellath
Open the "black disc with a crescent moon in it" door.

[Master Roll: 3]
Having noticed nothing strange open the painting, you move on, climbing the stairs towards your right. You step through the crescent door, closing them behind you. The lights inside flaring to life as you enter to reveal an incredibly opulent bedroom, dominated by a large, somewhat rounded bed with four tall posts a sheer silk cloths hanging from the ceiling above. The walls contain three paintings of various fantastical landscapes at different times of day - twilight, night, and noon. There's a single large dresser with two candles atop it, and a walk in closet with no door. There is also a door, between the dresser and bed, with a pearl-inlayed door handle. You take a close look around the room [6] and notice what looks like the base of a wand sticking out a quarter of inch from between the mattresses of the bed. You hear the distant gonging signifying the next hour, and wonder at how the time has flied.

Zomara
Lets see if we can find some more loot. If not, Look inside some of those beakers. maybe there is !!SCIENCE!! in them.

[Master Roll:5]
As the clock strikes 8, and the garden outside finishes sinking into blackness, small torches spring to life to light the room, casting long shadows from the lab and the plants. You work your way through the draws and cupboards, finding varieties of scientific tools.[4] Nothing particularly valuable or useful, though. Notcing burners having turned on under some of the beakers, you check them for !!SCIENCE!! [1]. They are, in fact, full of science, though you don't really know anything about that sort of science, and picking one up to examine it, you apparently agitate the liquid inside. It begins to glow and turns red.[5] You drop it back onto the table and hit the floor as it explodes, knocking things from various other tables. You hear another explosion, and then... silence. You peak your head up - at least there's no flames creeping around. The lab has apparently been fireproofed for just such an occasion.

Suddenly, you hear a thunk against the glass. And then another. Looking up, you notice some sort of mix between a bat and lamprey pressed up against the glass, gnawing at it. Another clunks into the glass, and you notice a small crack dart out from it's point of impact.

You also notice the plants seem to be larger, and more vibrant, despite the darkness. They almost seem to be... growing. A stray vine seems to be working it's way along the wall towards the door you entered by.

(Heh - and this was a LUCKY roll - You get time to respond to everything!)

And that's everyone's turn!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:39:05 am by GlyphGryph »

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 11:45:28 pm »

1: Zap self with shrink and go under flames.
if not possible
2: Zap flames, step over.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:57:02 am by UristMcDwarf »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5