Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. Welcome to the Mansion! Turn 3!  (Read 7148 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I assume you are familiar with this: http://mochakimono.chipx86.com/agen2.html

Welcome to the Mansion of Magic!
Well, here's how it will work. You are all fledgling mazes, and it is time for you to pass your entrance exam and become proper initiates.

The task is simple - simply survive the night in Colonels house (where he lives), and come morning you will be full fledged initiates!

There are 8 mages, and the house is composed of nine rooms, 8 smaller rooms arrayed around a larger central hall. Some of the rooms lead into other rooms, some do not, many contain special items or terrible traps.
The rooms will be numbered 1-8 for the peripheral rooms, and the main room will simply be called the central hallway.

But wait - there's more!

To help you survive the night, each of you have been given a basic wand and a Power Ring. Since you've got no magical skill of your own yet, the Power Rings you collect will boost your spell casting ability, while the wands will provide you with a spell. You will get to choose your wand.

To cast a spell from a wand, we'll simply roll 1d6, and add the number of rings you're wearing. If you beat a six, you win! The spell goes off. If you /don't/, you get a random magic effect! (Note, there may be other ways to get random magic effects through the mansion).

Your starting status is:
One magical wand (your choice)
One Ring of Power
6/6 health
A simple robe, your choice of colour.
A trinket from the Shiny Thing Generator: http://mochakimono.chipx86.com/AGENgemV2.html (I'll trust you on this one, since the effect will be up to me anyway, if it has one)

There are 8 wands available to you, and they will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. The wands are:
Wand of Fireball : Sets everyone in this or an adjacent room on fire. Fire deals two damage per turn until it is put out, which takes a turn to do. Things in the room may continue burning for longer.
Wand of Enchantment : Lets you apply any found enchantments to a Shiny Thing, or move enchantments from one Shiny Thing to another, or permanently attach a wand spell as an enchantment for a Shiny Thing (effects may be different than the effects of the wand)
Wand of Mad Healz : Fully heal a player.
Wand of Shrink : Make target small. May not work against all targets. Temporary.
Wand of Teleport : Immediately move to another room of your choice.
Wand of Surprises : It's a surprise!
Wand of Killing : Deals three damage to target.
Wand of Magical Miscasts : Target suffers (or benefits from) the effects of the random magic generator.

You can cast spells against those in the same room, or those in an adjacent room when the doors between the rooms are open.

But you will learn more of the layout when you get inside... for now, make your doods and claim your wands!

Player list:

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 10ebbor10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist McDwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: zomara0292 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:13:06 am by GlyphGryph »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. ITS RANDOM MAGIC!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »

Here. Checking out. Ok, partaking in the insanity, why not?

Name: Asbes Monleu
Bio: Asbes was a weak and pathetic mage who wanted to commit suicide in a funny way, and the most amusing way of going down he found was by taking part in the insanity contest with all those fellow mages.

Wand of Mad Healz
One Ring of Power
6/6 health
A simple robe, your choice of colour: White
A trinket from the Shiny Thing Generator: A katana made of white metal. (serious)

Edit: Corrected grammatical mistakes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:48:30 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:20 pm »

Give me a minuite.

I'll take a green robe and the wand of magical miscasts.

>first one I got: A gray gemstone with rainbow streaks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 03:08:44 pm »

Purple robe and wand of Surprises. Getting the shiny thing.

Edit:
A pale black gemstone pair of spectacles that has been tainted by unholy magic that makes you incredibly horny, with a matching full dining set.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:18:31 pm by Sinpwn »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:13 pm »

Name : Drethlock

Black robe
Wand of Killing
Rings of Power : 1
Health 6/6
A rainbow gemstone rapier that is electrified.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:17:06 pm by Dragor23 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:46 pm »

Name:Robert
Bio: Chased by the guards of many cities whitout even commiting a crime, Robert has seen no other option than run. He accidently ran into this conquest, and has seen no need to stop running yet.

Wand of teleport
One Ring of Power
6/6 health
A simple octarine robe
A clear crystal that is electrified and is so smooth as to be nearly frictionless.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:27:55 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 03:14:20 pm »

Name: Vanch
Bio: Being a male human, vanch always wanted to be a mage. Unfortuneately, due to his lack of skill, he only had one choice. That guild.

Wand of enchantment
Ring(s) of power: 1
6/6 health
Simple Aqua Robe
A trinket from the Shiny Thing Generator: A rough, bright blue gemstone pendant.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. ITS RANDOM MAGIC! 6/8
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »

One magical wand (Shrinking) Enchanting got ninja'd
One Ring of Power
6/6 health
A simple robe, your choice of colour. (Gray)
A trinket from the Shiny Thing Generator: A white metal shield.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 04:25:43 pm »

white robe
wond of surprises
silky, flat, pink gemstone
ring of power
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 04:28:14 pm »

white robe
wond of surprises
silky, flat, pink gemstone
ring of power
Someone already has a white robe and other person has the Wand of Surprises.

The only one available is the Wand of Fireball.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »

Let's do this!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »

danm it. red robe.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. ITS RANDOM MAGIC! FULL UP
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 04:53:59 pm »

Finishing character sheets.... then heading home, sorry guys. Be on again in a couple hours.

Edit: See the OP to see what your special item does! Starting soon, yo.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:57:04 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. ITS RANDOM MAGIC! Turn 1... SOON
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »

The eight of you step into the mansion. As you do, the lights dim, and a voice crackles through the air.

"Hey there, kids! This is Brock Richards speaking. The Colonel is currently away, so he's volunteered his dwelling for this challenge. But beware! It is not the safest place to spend the night. The only thing you need to do is survive until morning. That shouldn't be too hard, right? Good luck!

Just to note - leave the mansion early, and you will be immediately disqualified. And perhaps liquefied. I can't make any promises."

And then the voice is silent.

If you survive for 30 turns, you will be victorious, gaining membership in the mages guild. You will also be allowed to keep any of the loot you collect in the process. The only rule is that you do not leave the premises.

Behind you are the massive doors you entered through. Each of the several doors has an icon on a plaque hanging on the door. To your left is a door with a bag of salt on it, to your right a jar of oil. In the center of the room is a large stairway ascending to the second story, and to the right and left of it (on the same floor), two more doors - one with haunch of meat, one with a piece of broccoli. The stairs go up until they reach the wall, where there's an enormous painting of the Colonel, resplendant in his silver armor, the sun shining behind him, in a lush jungle scene. The stairs then split and climb to the left and right, and it looks like there's a door against the same wall at the top of each. There's balconys that double back, creating a walkway surrounding the entire room above your head, and you assume there are two more doors up there as well.

What do you do?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Oh God What Just Happened. Welcome to the Mansion! Turn 1!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »

Go to the salt door!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5