Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Random Magic Generator RTD (Bull meat is good meat)  (Read 4610 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD (!!Derm!!)
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 01:40:53 pm »

Turn 3:Whence Derm continues bursting into flames

Zomara casts Reflow [3][1]. The local gravity reverses mutiple times. [2+1] But Zomara remains safe thanks to his tree-hugging, makes him a bit dizzy though. The gravity effect does not reach the location of everyone else. In the distance he notices that a goblin turned into a fish. Apparently that particular goblin was dead. Or fish dont react well to a lack of water. One of the two.

Meanwhile, Derm attempts to put out the fire. [1][3+1] But instead the opposite happens, the fire spreads across the rest of his body [2 damage] and even the bull catches on fire. The air smells of burning hair and cooked beef. Loud moos and screams emit from the bull and Derm.

[3] Ironside casts another energy drain, and the bull stops giving a crap, as it slowly cooks into delicious beef. Derm does not have that luxury and continues screaming.

At the same time as all this insanity, Freeform went past the bull and up the stairs. There is another door there. Peering through it reveals that the next room is filled with darkness.

Zomara
10/10 health
5/10 mana
Freeform
10/10 health
9/10 mana
Derm
4/10 health
9/10 mana
On !!fire!!
Times accidentally hit: 2
Ironside
10/10 health
4/10 mana

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD !!(!!Derm!!)!!
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:54 pm »

Freeform, deciding that ghosts can probably see better in the dark, casts improvisational forest cloaking then heads into the dark room.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 01:47:05 pm »

Cast blizzard on Derm

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 02:00:53 pm »

Go into the castle and charge manna
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »

Heat and chill! HEAT AND CHILL! STOP DROP AND ROLL!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »

Turn 4: Ghosts and blizzards

Freeform casts improvisational forest cloaking [2] as should be expected at this point, he messed it up. [5] Instead the darkness turns into a ghost and goes "Boo!", thus breaking all tension regarding it. The darkness ghost then turns invisible and the room it was in can now be seen. The room is completely covered in silver, with a golden sword stuck in a wall. There is also another stairway. You arent quite sure where the ghost is.

Downstairs, Derm is on fire. [6] He casts heat and chill, making the whole place very damp and warm. And him quite cold. [6] The combination of moist air, a cold body and furious rolling manages to put out the fire. Not having noticed that Derm is no longer on fire, Ironside casts blizzard. [5] He successfully creates a blizzard in the room. [4] Derm manages to not get hypothermia from this.

The room is now filled with snow, a burning bull creature, and a horribly burnt Derm. If someone who was not a member of this party would walk into this room, they would be quite horrified. [1] Sadly nobody does.

And then Zomara tries to walk inside. [2] This makes the universe notice that he should have been hit by piece of flaming ice for standing outside. It lands directly on his head, setting his hair on fire and being quite painful[3 damage]. Luckily inside there happens to be a blizzard which puts out the fire.

Zomara
7/10 health
7/10 mana
Freeform
10/10 health
4/10 mana
Derm
4/10 health
8/10 mana
Ironside
10/10 health
1/10 mana

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD (Chill out)
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 01:59:56 pm »

Well nuts. Freeform goes and tries to pull the sword from the wall. If it doesn't work, he looks for the ghost and asks it about how to get the sword out of the wall (assuming the ghost is harmless).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 02:02:55 pm »

Out of the blizzard, go up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 02:21:40 pm »

Try to find healing things.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:43:39 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 02:22:59 pm »

I don't think you're even close to the sword. It's a floor and a room away.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 02:35:59 pm »

I lost relative positioning.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 12:50:22 pm »

Turn 5: OMNOMNOM

The badly scorched entity known as Derm looks around in the blizzard for something to heal him. [5] He finds no healing potions nor magical ailments. What he finds is a scorched, but throughly cooked bull creature that is quickly cooling in the blizzard. The smell of cooked meat is overpowering and Derm takes a bite out of it. The rest he leaves up to his metabolism.

Meanwhile, Ironside decides he does not like standing in a blizzard and goes up to where Freeform is. Freeform is at that moment attempting to pull a sword out of a wall, fruitlessly. [1] The sword is about as stuck as it can get, and Freeform sprains his back from the effort.[2 damage] [6] The sword then falls out of the wall by itself. A loud clang and cursing can be heard.

While this was happening, Zomara stood still like a pole. Apparently having gotten a concussion from getting hit in the head by a flaming ball of ice. The dude doesnt even blink.

Zomara
7/10 health
9/10 mana
Freeform
8/10 health
6/10 mana
Derm
5/10 health
Full Stomach[+1 HP/turn until healed]
10/10 mana
Ironside
10/10 health
3/10 mana

If Zomara doesnt start blinking, then I will be forced to treat him as a telephone pole.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD (Bull meat is good meat)
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 12:55:22 pm »

Up the stairs!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:30 pm »

Run into the castle screaming in pain, until i reach the guy with the sward, or get completely lost. whichever comes first.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »

Hah! Totally worth it. Freeform wields the sword and heads out of the room, looking for any other secret things.

Spoiler: Freeform (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4